+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Afewgoodmen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Delta State, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
With Application
AOR Received.
22/09/2011
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
08/11/2013 & 31/12/2013 (son)
Med's Done....
13/11/2013 & 08/01/2014 (son)
Interview........
Waived IJMN
Passport Req..
15th January 2014 (But did not get to see it until March 11th 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent 13th March 2014 Visa issued 20 March 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014 by God's Grace!
With_God said:
Thanks to everyone who has congratulated me on the receipt of my PPR. It is indeed a thing of joy and I am still basking in the euphoria of the update. I pray that God will gladden your own heart by releasing the update you've been longing for.

I am presently making preparations to storm Accra for the 'Ugwu leaf'. I was told in the PPR mail that I have only 15 days to do so, Monday through Thursday. Thought it used to be 60 days. Perhaps Accra is changing. They even emphasized sending my passport and documentation through DHL courier using a pre-paid return envelope, instead waiting in line outside the High Commission of Canada in Accra. Guess that is not for me as I will appear PHYSICALLY to collect the visa. I am not ready for any anxiety or sleepless nights at this stage. God has granted me speed and I would not want to allow any unnecessary delays.

Once again, thank you all for your love. Your joy will appear sooner than expected. Cheers

Hehehe. You cracked me off.

If I was in your shoes, the DHL route would the most convenient for me. Instead of waiting in line. Especially, considering that you're going to travel and probably wait on queue at the Canadian High Commision at Accra. It takes just 2-3 days for your passports to get to Accra. And 3-5 days for it to come back.

All the best though. Follow your mind. And congrats once again.

Afewgoodmen

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
what a wonderful God we serve.......our PPR mail came in this morning
To God be all the Glory

i use ours as a point of contact to all waiting for one update or the other that God will stir the hearts of the visa officers to send good news our way in Jesus Name.

want to use this oppurtunity to thank all too numerus to mention for their help,support,prayers and encouragement on this journey....

thanks so much

bishop

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
emmy_est said:
To God be all the Glory

i use ours as a point of contact to all waiting for one update or the other that God will stir the hearts of the visa officers to send good news our way in Jesus Name.

want to use this oppurtunity to thank all too numerus to mention for their help,support,prayers and encouragement on this journey....

thanks so much
Congratulations and best wishes for the rest of the process

Afewgoodmen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Delta State, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
With Application
AOR Received.
22/09/2011
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
08/11/2013 & 31/12/2013 (son)
Med's Done....
13/11/2013 & 08/01/2014 (son)
Interview........
Waived IJMN
Passport Req..
15th January 2014 (But did not get to see it until March 11th 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent 13th March 2014 Visa issued 20 March 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014 by God's Grace!
emmy_est said:
To God be all the Glory

thanks so much

Congratulations, my brother. The Lord shall see you into the land of our dreams.

Olamide1

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
22-02-2012
Med's Request
31-01-2014
Med's Done....
07-02-2014
Interview........
13-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2014
LANDED..........
very soon IJN
emmy_est said:
To God be all the Glory

thanks so much
congratulations!

Newjwel

May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Sep 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5/2016
LANDED..........
Waiting for visa
emmy_est said:
To God be all the Glory

thanks so much
Congrats

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2014 and DECISION MADE on 7-4 -2014
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
emmy_est said:
To God be all the Glory

thanks so much

Congratulations on your PPR

Shoga

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
AOR Received.
28-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
16-11-13
Passport Req..
13/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
22/01/2014
@emmy_est,
CONGRATULATIONS.

@all,
PRV collected. just returning from AVO.
Thank you for your support and encouragement in seeing this project to a logical conclusion.

We shall all rejoice!!!

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
ekundapsy said:
@ nanonye, egbe and donwin4real,

First, I will like to state that the inner workings of the Accra Visa Office, as we know it, are mainly speculations and at best, best guesses and deductive reasonings.....We do not have a code of conduct or administrative instructions as to what their practices are. We can only guess....
That said, I can only talk about my own experience, and how the process worked in my own case, based on the FACTS that I have in my own case.
I had painstakingly and thoroughly prepared my application (I didn't intend to use a representative at any point in the process ;) ) and I was definitely not leaving anything to chance. For example, when I went for my bank statement, I asked the lady at the customer service desk to seal the envelope and put the bank seal on the envelope. She looked at me curiously and asked why I would want to do that to a personal document, and I had to explain to her that I didn't want them to feel that I had tampered with the statement. She laughed, called me a 'control freak' jokingly and went to look for the stamp. Another example: My Head of Department at that time didn't have a complementary card. You know a lot of doctors in Public Hospitals don't have..... ;) ;) ;) . It was with doggedness and tenacity of purpose that I persuaded him to print a batch, just so that I had one for my application. I didn't want to send that application without his business card....
After doing all that to make sure my application was complete, I did not want to leave anything to chance. I knew all my credentials were genuine and could be verified, with that, I had no qualms. All the money in my bank statement were savings from my monthly salary, and it was quite obvious to anyone reading the statement, moreover, it would be breach of confidentiality for the bank to disclose my information to a third party without me giving consent, so I knew there were no problems on that either. The only problem I had was with verification of my work experience and my accommodation.
I decided to ask my Head of Department ever so frequently if he had been called concerning my application for which I made him print a complementary card. And each time, the answer was a very emphatic 'no'. Infact, it got to a point, when he would see me on the corridor and preempt me with a 'no'.....that went on for a long time.....and at a point, it was the only evidence I had, that I had submitted an application for permanent residency with all the delay and waiting.
When I left my working place at the expiration of my residency training, I got a letter from the hospital that indicated why I left the hospital. In all, Accra visa office did not call him once to verify I worked there.

I am not sure if this is the state of things in general from Accra visa office, but I can say for a fact in my own case, that they didn't call my work place to know. And if they had visited, too, I'm sure I would have known.....
I think they do most of their checks based on the documents you submit. I'm not sure about Police clearance certificates, that, i don't know anything about.
The important thing is to make sure your application is complete. Be as truthful as possible, infact, be very truthful. Do not hide anything that will make your application look suspicious.
When you fill in your application, read and re-read it to make sure there are not mistakes or gaps in your forms.
I was asked to re-fill and return my Schedule A form from Accra because there was a gap (which was a typographical error) in the question on where i have lived. It could have been avoided if I had looked over it and found the error before sending in the application.
On notifying them of any changes to your status, I think it is wise to exercise some caution as to what and when to send. Major changes to your application like marriages, births, deaths, divorces, child custody battles and impending court cases on criminal or civil charges are important life events that should be reported to Accra VO. These will significantly affect your application, and a report must be made to forestall delays in your application.
Notification of change of house address is not important IN MY OWN VIEW, IF IT IS NOT YOUR PRIMARY ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE IN THE IMMIGRATION PROCESS. I changed my own accommodation during the process, and I did not inform the visa office. My correspondence address was a Post Office box which I still use till now, and that didn't change.
Notification of change of job is also not important IN MY OWN VIEW, SINCE A DECISION ON YOUR APPLICATION IS BASED ON YOUR PAST JOB EXPERIENCE. I changed my job during the wait period, and I didn't notify the visa office. My own reason for not notifying was because I was temporarily unemployed between jobs, and I didn't want to start writing a letter explaining the Residency program and how it works...
Most people are asked to resubmit a freshly filled Schedule A form with the medical request.
These two changes to my status were eventually reflected in the new Schedule A form that I was asked to fill and submit along with my medicals. I didn't even include supporting documents with the new Schedule A form (as an oversight, I ordinarily would have included them), and I was a bit worried that they might return it and ask for me to resend them, but they didn't. The next correspondence was PPR.

Like I said earlier, this is my own experience with the process. That said, I am yet to read on this forum that a Naija based applicant had his/her house address or workplace visited for verification.
Pls, seniors in the house should express their opinions on this.
Hmmm......Ekundapsy!!!.....you are the BEST!!!!...this is well articulated and explanatory,answers a million questions already....thank you and +1 for you!

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
emmy_est said:
To God be all the Glory

thanks so much
Congratulationsssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

lizman

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
18-04-2012
Med's Request
31-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-11-2013
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
emmy_est said:
To God be all the Glory

thanks so much

Congratulations emmy_est.

lizman

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
18-04-2012
Med's Request
31-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-11-2013
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
Shoga said:
@ emmy_est,
CONGRATULATIONS.

@ all,
PRV collected. just returning from AVO.
Thank you for your support and encouragement in seeing this project to a logical conclusion.

We shall all rejoice!!!
Congratulations @shoga . I hope packing has started

M5

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
10-1-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
09-11-2013
Interview........
To be waived In Shaa Allah.
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
emmy_est said:
To God be all the Glory

thanks so much
Congrats emmy_est! really happy for you.

African man

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2011
AOR Received.
03-02-2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH INITIAL APPLICATION TO NS
File Transfer...
03-02-2012
Med's Request
31-01-2014
Med's Done....
08-02-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2014 IJNA
LANDED..........
2014 IJNA
@ emmy_est and shoga,
Congratulations on this achievement. To God be the Glory.