+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
GENTLEANDREW said:
Godddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd,i just received my PER.
Congratulations Gentleandrew. You are on the right track, but you have patience in front of you. Once more, Congrats!.

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
kolemm said:
Pls how do I know if our file has been transfered to Accra - Your PER should state that your application will be forwarded to a visa office. The exact date it will land in ACCRA, you're not likely going to know, as you wont be updated on this, but you may have a valid assumption that 1 month after PER, Your file is in ACCRA.
Our passports will expire in May 2014 and we intend to renew it in Febuary 2014. -You are free to delay
the renewal of your passport, if you wish, till you receive MR or Till it expires - Whichever comes first. Except you have personal reasons for renewal. Again sending the copies of your renewed passport is not necessary at this time.
Can I also send it if we have the complete amount in our account even if Accra has not requested for it. - You may not send what has not been requested for.
Can we as well send our son's US passport photocopy, we did not send it with the initial application. - I am not clear on this, As you are expected to have included your son's passport number and other info in your application. Is it that your son's info with which you applied was based on his Nigerian passport?

Thank you kolemm, yes we only included his nigerian passport details and stated he has dual citizenship. Are u advising we should continue the process with the nigerian passport. I read some place in this forum that when going for the visa, u have to submitt all the pssport both cancelled and valid and other countries passports. Pls how true is this statement?

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
Aijaynwoke said:
Thank you kolemm, yes we only included his nigerian passport details and stated he has dual citizenship. Are u advising we should continue the process with the nigerian passport. I read some place in this forum that when going for the visa, u have to submitt all the pssport both cancelled and valid and other countries passports. Pls how true is this statement?
Let's allow those with experience to shed more light on this. In my opinion, i think you should let sleeping dogs lie, and wait till AVO requests for your passports, then you can present all the Nigerian Passports. Canada supports dual citizenship, your son may not need to renounce USA. ----My Opinion.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hakpoguma said:
Congratulations Gentleandrew. You are on the right track, but you have patience in front of you. Once more, Congrats!.

Thanks Hakpoguma,God bless you really good.

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
kolemm said:
Let's allow those with experience to shed more light on this. In my opinion, i think you should let sleeping dogs lie, and wait till AVO requests for your passports, then you can present all the Nigerian Passports. Canada supports dual citizenship, your son may not need to renounce USA. ----My Opinion.
Seconded!
But @Aijanwonke, you don't need to present documents or show in the first place that you son has dual citizenship 'cos it wouldn't have any positive influence on your application whatsoever.

Also, since you're applying for a Canada PR visa with Nigerian passports/as citizens, which you are automatically qualified for based on Country eligibility so to make your application a lot more straight-forward without any hassles, avoid it but if you have stated it one way or the other in any part of your application, then you need to let them know by backing up with all necessary documents so as not to delay the processing of your application and also to avoid refusal.

Canada recognises dual nationality but you don't need to break it down for them, hold the other passport(s) at home and make sure you abide by rules, regulations and laws of the Canadian society as long as you make use of the Canadian passports/nationality to live and work in the Country.

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
donwin4real said:
Seconded!
But @ Aijanwonke, you don't need to present documents or show in the first place that you son has dual citizenship 'cos it wouldn't have any positive influence on your application whatsoever.

Also, since you're applying for a Canada PR visa with Nigerian passports/as citizens, which you are automatically qualified for based on Country eligibility so to make your application a lot more straight-forward without any hassles, avoid it but if you have stated it one way or the other in any part of your application, then you need to let them know by backing up with all necessary documents so as not to delay the processing of your application and also to avoid refusal.

Canada recognises dual nationality but you don't need to break it down for them, hold the other passport(s) at home and make sure you abide by rules, regulations and laws of the Canadian society as long as you make use of the Canadian passports/nationality to live and work in the Country.

Thanks Donwin4real, we will continue with his nigerian passport since we filled only the details of his nigerian passport and keep aside the US one unless requested by VO. We filled his citizenship as a nigerian and american bcos is ovious on his birth certificate. I believe there is no need to hide information that they might find out later. Thank you very much for all the suggestions.

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
Nothing like that ooo IJMN!!!
Busy B said:
@ ginacom2003, PM replied.

@ tangowisky congrats in advance. Why? I don't know but your joy is coming.

Busy-Bee
Amen ma.. God bless you real good

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
donwin4real said:
Seconded!
But @ Aijanwonke, you don't need to present documents or show in the first place that you son has dual citizenship 'cos it wouldn't have any positive influence on your application whatsoever.

A friend °ƒ mine has this same dialema,this what she was told/advised by an immigration consultant:

A person may only hold dual citizenship I.e US n Nigeria,if you need another ,one will have to renounce one citizenship;either Nigeria or US( no 3 citizenships). However,the child can have dual cetizenship(US n Nigeria) then be a canadian permanent Resident.When other family members are filing for Canadian citizenship,the child will not apply for citizenship,only his canadian permanent residence card will be renewed (every 5yrs)

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
emmy_est said:
A friend °ƒ mine has this same dialema,this what she was told/advised by an immigration consultant:

A person may only hold dual citizenship I.e US n Nigeria,if you need another ,one will have to renounce one citizenship;either Nigeria or US( no 3 citizenships). However,the child can have dual cetizenship(US n Nigeria) then be a canadian permanent Resident.When other family members are filing for Canadian citizenship,the child will not apply for citizenship,only his canadian permanent residence card will be renewed (every 5yrs)

Thanks for this information, but he can renounce nigerian citizenship and file for canadian citizenship. I just want to know.

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
Aijaynwoke said:
Thanks for this information, but he can renounce nigerian citizenship and file for canadian citizenship. I just want to know.

Yes..... but why would you perfer to renounce your Nigerian citizenship?

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
emmy_est said:

I don't intend to do that. I just want to know if is possible. US and canada are the same in so many things. So having US passport seems like having canadian passport. Let see how it goes.

GisG

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Doc's Request.
15-07-2014
Med's Request
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014 3rd Line update..:14-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
(Fourth line) 05-10-2014
LANDED..........
14-01-2015
Hello fellow forumites, happy waiting for sleeping VOs & pray that they all wake up like NDVO and never hibernate like CPPO . Please can anyone tell me how much it costs to do Medical test in Lagos Nigeria? How long it takes to book appointment? and whether the Panel of physician are e-enabled or not. Note that I am referring to approved Medical panels in Lagos.

Thank you.

gel003

Sep 27, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2011
AOR Received.
In Process 16-07-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
GisG said:
Hello fellow forumites, happy waiting for sleeping VOs & pray that they all wake up like NDVO and never hibernate like CPPO . Please can anyone tell me how much it costs to do Medical test in Lagos Nigeria? How long it takes to book appointment? and whether the Panel of physician are e-enabled or not. Note that I am referring to approved Medical panels in Lagos.

Thank you.
Children and consultants Practice, 25 Raymond Njoku Street, ikoyi. 014611941. Cost of medicals there is 28k naira flat per person, whether adult or child. They are e-medical enabled and booking an appointment with them is easy. Just visit any day between monday and Saturday. They attend to 10 or 15 persons on weekdays and about 5 persons on Saturdays .
Hope this helps. More contributions are welcomed.

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
I think it is more of timing than no of persons. Whoever gets there before 11a.m will certainly be attended to.

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
emmy_est said:
You made me laugh...
Well, I support I.J in the sense that Nigerian law does not support dual citizenship.