+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

taymos

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan.15th. 2012.
Nomination.....
Oct.,14th,2012
AOR Received.
April 19th,2013
IELTS Request
May 12th, 2012
File Transfer...
April 22nd, 2013
Med's Request
May 20th, 2013.
Med's Done....
June 3rd, 2013.
Interview........
E-cas Medicals received, 5th July, 2013
Passport Req..
3rd Sept., 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
10th Sept., 2013
LANDED..........
3rd Oct., 2013
HI Everyone,
I thank everybody for the support and advise you gave when needed. Iam planning to land on the 4th Oct., 2013 in Winnipeg, But my port of entry is Montreal, before i proceed down to Winnipeg.
One question that bothers my is how much should I take on my trip or to show/ declare to immigration officers, becos I'm afraid that one can be sent back by the immigration officers. Please advise me on this issue.

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
taymos said:
HI Everyone,
I thank everybody for the support and advise you gave when needed. Iam planning to land on the 4th Oct., 2013 in Winnipeg, But my port of entry is Montreal, before i proceed down to Winnipeg.
One question that bothers my is how much should I take on my trip or to show/ declare to immigration officers, becos I'm afraid that one can be sent back by the immigration officers. Please advise me on this issue.
Hi Taymos,

You will get all the information you need as per required landing Fund here.Cheers.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39318.0.html

Ikemba

Deelily

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Hi,Angelic Gel,
it is better late than never, Congratulations, on the receipt of your express PPR,the Lord just made it to manifest at the time He has ordained after the long wait for the MR,once again congrats and regards to the family, wish you success in the Canada.

Sep 6, 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Lagos
NOC Code......
Spousal Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
guvcode said:
Hello folks, just to encourage everyone, I thought to share my story below

I landed in Calgary February 2013 and spent a month settling my family down getting accommodation, the relevant registrations etc. once all that as done, I returned back home and planned to return permanently in December of 2013 to Calgary.

The cold weather, job search, child care and all made it so tough for my wife to cope, consequently there was a lot of pressure to return (first advice, you need a very strong spouse and/or a lot of money in the bank and a support group to execute this kind of plan i.e. leaving spouse and kid(s) abroad while staying back home, without you having so much problem)

After some months back home it was obvious I had to return earlier than the planned December date, so I started making plans to disengage from my place of work.

All this while, I started to collate list of companies that were core IT and particularly software development, as that was my core competence, started looking up the various job boards, kept contacts with the landed people and became very active on Linkedin, joining IT groups in Canada etc. I also worked on my resume several times, I did like 4 resume reviews through friends and firms offering resume review services (another critical point here, network and make sure your resume fits the so called Canadian standard basically get rid of that objective section and convert to professional summary, include achievement and not just a list of task performed etc)

I also got a software that routed phone numbers to my international number via VoIP, so I had a Canadian address and a Canadian number on my resume and started sending this out to company with vacancies for software developers, this got me a number of calls from hiring managers, I always made it a point of duty to let them know I was outside of Calgary at the moment but would return soon, most hiring managers were unwilling to proceed and would usually ask that I contact them when I'm finally in the country. A few scheduled phone interviews which held, but was not offered the jobs.

About June, a hiring manager posted a job in one of the LinkedIn groups I had joined, I contacted him about the role and found the company website to apply too, I and the hiring manager started a rapport from there, this eventually lead to a phone interview, 2 other organizations also held phone interviews with me about that time.

Fast forward to September, I finally returned to Calgary and had face to face interviews with 2 of the the 3 organizations, also registered with the major IT recruiters SI systems, Robert Half etc, a week after landing one of the 3 organizations offered me a contract role, another offered a permanent role, while the third is yet to provide feedback

So long story short, 3 weeks after returning I will be resuming work, not in the senior position I was anticipating but I can't complain about the offer.

In closing, I wish all the great folks on this forum success in your journey to and in Canada, hopefully you have been able to glean some info from my experience, thanks and keep the good news coming.

Guvcode
Hi Guvcode, please what's the name of the voip software you used to re-route your calls? Thanks!

dauaye

May 10, 2010
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 24th 2011
Doc's Request.
Marriage proof--Sept. 18th 2013 but arrived Accra 10th Oct. & Spouse Med Req. 11th oct. spouse Med Done on 16th Oct.
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
Jan 11 2012
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
File Transfer...
11-01- 2012
Med's Request
10-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-10-2013, Spouse medical 16-10-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
Oct. 24th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 29th 2013
LANDED..........
June 25th 2014
Good morning Great House,

Please one more advise:

I got My medical request on 10th Sept. without that of my spouse since we got married in Feb. with the advise of this house, I wrote accra requesting for advise on my wife application that was not included. Accra wrote back after 4working days requesting me to complete my wife aplication forms, pay her application and right of permanent residence fees, do her police report and proof of our marriage within 60days (Sept. 18th to Nov.18th).
Please can I proceed on my medical after submitting all what was requested of me for my wife ? or another medical will be issued to both of us? my medical request is also within 60days (Sept. 10th to Nov. 10th)
Senior members, please can the pricipal applicant and the spouse do their medical seprately? any implications? please advise.

My View:
I am thinking I should proceed on my medical after submitting her requirments and then write accra to advise on her own mediacl maybe after a month if i dont hear from them
I have decide to obtain two drafts one to conver her application fees + right of residents fees which i will send with her application.
and the other draft for myself whcih i intend to send with my police report and medical to cover my right of permamnet residents fees.

Please your contribution is needed.
Thanks always
dauaye.

Seun

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dauaye said:

Please one more advise:

I got My medical request on 10th Sept. without that of my spouse since we got married in Feb. with the advise of this house, I wrote accra requesting for advise on my wife application that was not included. Accra wrote back after 4working days requesting me to complete my wife aplication forms, pay her application and right of permanent residence fees, do her police report and proof of our marriage within 60days (Sept. 18th to Nov.18th).
Please can I proceed on my medical after submitting all what was requested of me for my wife ? or another medical will be issued to both of us? my medical request is also within 60days (Sept. 10th to Nov. 10th)
Senior members, please can the pricipal applicant and the spouse do their medical seprately? any implications? please advise.

My View:
I am thinking I should proceed on my medical after submitting her requirments and then write accra to advise on her own mediacl maybe after a month if i dont hear from them
I have decide to obtain two drafts one to conver her application fees + right of residents fees which i will send with her application.
and the other draft for myself whcih i intend to send with my police report and medical to cover my right of permamnet residents fees.

Thanks always
dauaye.
My friend what are u waiting for, just go ahead to do ur medical and send them all requireddocuments application for ur wife and supporting docs to prove that it is not convenience marriage. note that the date u do ur medical as principal applicant will determine when they will give per it must not exceed a year now. o wish u al the best
seun

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
dadabigboy said:
Hello Seniors,

For the QSW applicants in the house, I got my AOR in the post on thursday. And in it there were 2 numbers. Reference Individuelle and Dossier No. What do these mean, cos I noticed they both also appear on the second page. And of cos a receipt of the fees they took from my credit card.
dadabigboy, congratulations for the receipt of your AOR, you are now on queue for Medical.

olusheg

Sep 9, 2012
NIGERIA
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA GHANA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for mpnp in Aug 2012, applied to cio 04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
No document request
Nomination.....
13-12-2012
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
16-4-2013
Med's Request
18-05-2013
Med's Done....
30-05-2013, medical received and "in process" 6/09/2013
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
10-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2013
LANDED..........
18-10-2013
taymos said:
HI Everyone,

Hello Taymos,

For PNP applicant , the principal applicant need $10,000 while dependants is $2,000 each.

aayor

Sep 13, 2013
Pls guys I got a mail that my permanent resident visa appears to be ready, i submitted my passport for visa collection 3weeks ago through DHL as advised by Canadian embassy in Ghana. But have not heard anything back from them since... even to acknowledge the receipt of the document. I sent them a mail no reply.
Pls anyone knows how long does it take to issue the visa through mail. I wish i had gone down myself.. i would have collected it the same day.
Pls if anyone knows how long it will take to come out.
Thank u

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
aayor said:
Pls guys I got a mail that my permanent resident visa appears to be ready, i submitted my passport for visa collection 3weeks ago through DHL as advised by Canadian embassy in Ghana. But have not heard anything back from them since... even to acknowledge the receipt of the document. I sent them a mail no reply.
Pls anyone knows how long does it take to issue the visa through mail. I wish i had gone down myself.. i would have collected it the same day.
Thank u
Congrats Aayor,
Please did you ask DHL to help you do pick-up or did u just send the PPT? You need to furnish us with info on how you expected to have your PPT mailed back to you.
Best regards
Dada-Karma

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
dauaye said:

Please one more advise:

My View:

Thanks always
dauaye.
I advise you proceed with your own medical exam since the embassy will definitely issue your spouse her medical request. BTW, did you just got married or your spouse details were submitted along with your application to Nova Scotia?. If you did submit your spouse details with your initial application how come they are now asking for evidence of marriage.

Just curious.

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
aayor said:
Thank u
I want to believe in Accra's email they would have stated that processing would be done within 30 days. Three weeks is only 15 days probably that is why they are not responding to your email. It will but you have to endure the wait.

It is always better to go to Accra personally and pick up the stuff.

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
dauaye said:

Please one more advise:

My View:

Thanks always
dauaye.

Hello, Dauaye,
There is no controversy here. You should go ahead and submit yourologist wife's details and all the documents requested ASAP to Accra. At the same time, do your own medicals ASAP. Quick action and response time is very necessary. I'm sure your wife's medical request will follow suit. Your PPR will come thereafter. You Will most likely be asked to refill a Schedule A form and Additional family information form too. Time is of the essence.

dauaye

May 10, 2010
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 24th 2011
Doc's Request.
Marriage proof--Sept. 18th 2013 but arrived Accra 10th Oct. & Spouse Med Req. 11th oct. spouse Med Done on 16th Oct.
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
Jan 11 2012
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
File Transfer...
11-01- 2012
Med's Request
10-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-10-2013, Spouse medical 16-10-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
Oct. 24th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 29th 2013
LANDED..........
June 25th 2014
Thank you my great people. I will act as advised.
For the few questions raised. when I applied i was not married and when I got got married in Feb. 2013, I comminicated same to accra but got a message that No action was required, so when they send my medical without that of my wife, this great house advised i send an email with the earlier ones i sent in April, and four days later they wrote me back requesting for my wife details, updated forms, prove of marriage and payment of fees (Application and Resident fees) police reports etc within 60days. I hope that is cleared?

Concerning the forms, I have been asked to complete the necessary forms. I had earlier listed the forms in this forum as a guide to those who will have similar issue.

Thanks always.
Dauaye