+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Busy B

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st July, 2011
Doc's Request.
29th Nov, 2011
AOR Received.
24th Oct, 2011
IELTS Request
Included in the sent application
Med's Request
18th July, 2013
Med's Done....
02nd August, 2013
Interview........
Nothing like that
Passport Req..
08th October, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15th October, 2013
LANDED..........
12th December, 2013 to the Glory of GOD
kpopi77 said:
My Good People,

Exactly a year ago my family and I set foot on canadian soil as landed immigrants. its been an interesting and exciting journey so far. No regrets at all. i sit down alone here in Lagos and reminisce on the journey that started 11pm on September 21, 2012 via Lufthansa airways. What can i say? is it the about 24 hours of flight time? the anxiety of Landing process? Which area to live and the search for a place to call our own home? SIN, Health card registration? what bank and what type of account to open? Or is it the school for the kids? Also a major concern is which Church to attend? After all the above was sorted, we then moved on to phase 2:

How do we make our stay comfortable? how do we reduce the shock of relocation to kids to the bearest minimum? How will my wife cope alone while i return to Nigeria to make the much needed cash. How do we get the right person as Nanny for the kids while madam tries to find her feet? Also, was the weather which could be extremely HOT between December and February (As hot as - 30degrees :D).

However, in all, its been a blessed one year. I encourage all that are about to Land to cultivate the habbit of reading and researching? Everything you require is in the public domain. I know majority of Nigerians dont like reading however, out there most of teh information you require will either be sent to you by e-mail, in one document or the other or available on the internet and you are expected to know or search for it as the need arise.

To those waiting for PRV, don't despair. it will come IJN and i can assure you it is WORTH it all.

Love you all.

Kpopi77
Nice piece, thank God you have a positive story within a year. You did not tell us how you went about the issues you had in your second paragraph, that is one of the reasons the Lord had made you to be there ahead of us.

Busy-Bee

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
yemosa said:
tHi house, to God be the glory at exactly 6.11pm yesterday 20/09/13 my Ppr arrived nigeria from accra. Thank God for Hiis kindness.

Yemosa
This is the Lord's doing and it is marvellous. Congrat Yemosa and safe journey to Accra ;D

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
kpopi77 said:
My Good People,

Exactly a year ago my family and I set foot on canadian soil as landed immigrants. its been an interesting and exciting journey so far. No regrets at all. i sit down alone here in Lagos and reminisce on the journey that started 11pm on September 21, 2012 via Lufthansa airways. What can i say? is it the about 24 hours of flight time? the anxiety of Landing process? Which area to live and the search for a place to call our own home? SIN, Health card registration? what bank and what type of account to open? Or is it the school for the kids? Also a major concern is which Church to attend? After all the above was sorted, we then moved on to phase 2:

How do we make our stay comfortable? how do we reduce the shock of relocation to kids to the bearest minimum? How will my wife cope alone while i return to Nigeria to make the much needed cash. How do we get the right person as Nanny for the kids while madam tries to find her feet? Also, was the weather which could be extremely HOT between December and February (As hot as - 30degrees :D).

However, in all, its been a blessed one year. I encourage all that are about to Land to cultivate the habbit of reading and researching? Everything you require is in the public domain. I know majority of Nigerians dont like reading however, out there most of teh information you require will either be sent to you by e-mail, in one document or the other or available on the internet and you are expected to know or search for it as the need arise.

To those waiting for PRV, don't despair. it will come IJN and i can assure you it is WORTH it all.

Love you all.

Kpopi77
I bless God for the success for the past one year and pray you and your family reap the rewards of this relocation IJN.

Like the HOT weather in December to February where it is minus 30 :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p

isy

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
0631/6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks kpopi77 for such inspiring words of Encouragement.Also a big Amen to all ur prayers

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
kpopi77 said:
My Good People,

Love you all.

Kpopi77
Thank You so much, so happy in my spirit after reading this, we love u too and wish u all da best esp wiv d much needed money

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
kpopi77 said:
My Good People,

Love you all.

Kpopi77
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Just gave u a plus 1.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
kpopi77 said:
My Good People,

Love you all.

Kpopi77
Thanks, kpopi77...so delighted, you were quite positive in your brief. Congrats on your 1-year landing anniversary. By God's grace, we are coming behind you. Cheers, HAA

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
kpopi77 said:
My Good People,

Love you all.

Kpopi77
Mmmmh.... thank you. We are already going through the phase 1 and 2a though we are yet to get the PPR. Good to know someone felt same, thanks for the piece. May God order your steps...

Smallie

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010 (Biq paris); 07-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-11-2011, Fed application AOR=>14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 (QSC Received 18-10-2012)
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
Congratulations on your landking anniversary Kpopi. Not only is this insightful but it is an encouragement for pepole like us that are preparing to land. Wishing you God's favour and hope you will be joining your family soonest.

kpopi77 said:
My Good People,

Love you all.

Kpopi77

dauaye

May 10, 2010
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 24th 2011
Doc's Request.
Marriage proof--Sept. 18th 2013 but arrived Accra 10th Oct. & Spouse Med Req. 11th oct. spouse Med Done on 16th Oct.
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
Jan 11 2012
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
File Transfer...
11-01- 2012
Med's Request
10-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-10-2013, Spouse medical 16-10-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
Oct. 24th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 29th 2013
LANDED..........
June 25th 2014
I cant stop be appreciative to this house. A house with one Strong, Big and United heart. Thank you all for the good job.

Please where and how do I pay my Right of Permanent Residence fees.

Is a bank draft of a Nigeria Bank Acceptable? please which banks in Nigeria are acceptable?

thanks
Dauaye

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
dauaye said:
I cant stop be appreciative to this house. A house with one Strong, Big and United heart. Thank you all for the good job.

Please where and how do I pay my Right of Permanent Residence fees.

Is a bank draft of a Nigeria Bank Acceptable? please which banks in Nigeria are acceptable?

thanks
Dauaye
GTB because one can get draft in canadian dollars

kpopi77

Sep 17, 2009
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2009
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
29-12-2009
Med's Request
30-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
22-09-2012
Busy B said:
Nice piece, thank God you have a positive story within a year. You did not tell us how you went about the issues you had in your second paragraph, that is one of the reasons the Lord had made you to be there ahead of us.

Busy-Bee
Busy Bee,

From my little experience, how u handle phase 2 is absolutely a function of your peculiar situation. For us, we initially got a warm young lady as Nanny by talking to people in church. White Canadian who was on holidays. Subsequently, we enrolled the kids in before and after school organized by a group within our church and they use the church premises. Also, we have tried to maintain a closely knit relationship with Nigerian families with similar values. That helped the kids a great deal.

As per coping with the distance, thank God for Skype, FaceTime etc.

Bottom line is we all have unique circumstances. Hope I was able to answer your question.

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
Hello folks, just to encourage everyone, I thought to share my story below

I landed in Calgary February 2013 and spent a month settling my family down getting accommodation, the relevant registrations etc. once all that as done, I returned back home and planned to return permanently in December of 2013 to Calgary.

The cold weather, job search, child care and all made it so tough for my wife to cope, consequently there was a lot of pressure to return (first advice, you need a very strong spouse and/or a lot of money in the bank and a support group to execute this kind of plan i.e. leaving spouse and kid(s) abroad while staying back home, without you having so much problem)

After some months back home it was obvious I had to return earlier than the planned December date, so I started making plans to disengage from my place of work.

All this while, I started to collate list of companies that were core IT and particularly software development, as that was my core competence, started looking up the various job boards, kept contacts with the landed people and became very active on Linkedin, joining IT groups in Canada etc. I also worked on my resume several times, I did like 4 resume reviews through friends and firms offering resume review services (another critical point here, network and make sure your resume fits the so called Canadian standard basically get rid of that objective section and convert to professional summary, include achievement and not just a list of task performed etc)

I also got a software that routed phone numbers to my international number via VoIP, so I had a Canadian address and a Canadian number on my resume and started sending this out to company with vacancies for software developers, this got me a number of calls from hiring managers, I always made it a point of duty to let them know I was outside of Calgary at the moment but would return soon, most hiring managers were unwilling to proceed and would usually ask that I contact them when I'm finally in the country. A few scheduled phone interviews which held, but was not offered the jobs.

About June, a hiring manager posted a job in one of the LinkedIn groups I had joined, I contacted him about the role and found the company website to apply too, I and the hiring manager started a rapport from there, this eventually lead to a phone interview, 2 other organizations also held phone interviews with me about that time.

Fast forward to September, I finally returned to Calgary and had face to face interviews with 2 of the the 3 organizations, also registered with the major IT recruiters SI systems, Robert Half etc, a week after landing one of the 3 organizations offered me a contract role, another offered a permanent role, while the third is yet to provide feedback

So long story short, 3 weeks after returning I will be resuming work, not in the senior position I was anticipating but I can't complain about the offer.

In closing, I wish all the great folks on this forum success in your journey to and in Canada, hopefully you have been able to glean some info from my experience, thanks and keep the good news coming.

Guvcode

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Thanks for sharing your experience. Being on ground physically usually helps to secure job placement. More importantly, good to have the family always together in one piece - helps to manage emotional stress amongst family members/spouses. Please keep up the good work. Congrats on your new job.
guvcode said:
Hello folks, just to encourage everyone, I thought to share my story below

I landed in Calgary February 2013 and spent a month settling my family down getting accommodation, the relevant registrations etc. once all that as done, I returned back home and planned to return permanently in December of 2013 to Calgary.

The cold weather, job search, child care and all made it so tough for my wife to cope, consequently there was a lot of pressure to return (first advice, you need a very strong spouse and/or a lot of money in the bank and a support group to execute this kind of plan i.e. leaving spouse and kid(s) abroad while staying back home, without you having so much problem)

After some months back home it was obvious I had to return earlier than the planned December date, so I started making plans to disengage from my place of work.

All this while, I started to collate list of companies that were core IT and particularly software development, as that was my core competence, started looking up the various job boards, kept contacts with the landed people and became very active on Linkedin, joining IT groups in Canada etc. I also worked on my resume several times, I did like 4 resume reviews through friends and firms offering resume review services (another critical point here, network and make sure your resume fits the so called Canadian standard basically get rid of that objective section and convert to professional summary, include achievement and not just a list of task performed etc)

I also got a software that routed phone numbers to my international number via VoIP, so I had a Canadian address and a Canadian number on my resume and started sending this out to company with vacancies for software developers, this got me a number of calls from hiring managers, I always made it a point of duty to let them know I was outside of Calgary at the moment but would return soon, most hiring managers were unwilling to proceed and would usually ask that I contact them when I'm finally in the country. A few scheduled phone interviews which held, but was not offered the jobs.

About June, a hiring manager posted a job in one of the LinkedIn groups I had joined, I contacted him about the role and found the company website to apply too, I and the hiring manager started a rapport from there, this eventually lead to a phone interview, 2 other organizations also held phone interviews with me about that time.

Fast forward to September, I finally returned to Calgary and had face to face interviews with 2 of the the 3 organizations, also registered with the major IT recruiters SI systems, Robert Half etc, a week after landing one of the 3 organizations offered me a contract role, another offered a permanent role, while the third is yet to provide feedback

So long story short, 3 weeks after returning I will be resuming work, not in the senior position I was anticipating but I can't complain about the offer.

In closing, I wish all the great folks on this forum success in your journey to and in Canada, hopefully you have been able to glean some info from my experience, thanks and keep the good news coming.

Guvcode