+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
Congratulations Zajeb on the receipt of your PPR. We pray for more good news from now on. Amen.

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
B-jay said:
@ Spokes,
thanks for your prayers and wishes my sister, the congratulatory messages have truly shifted. soon, very soon it will go round-it will get to the rest of us waiting for MR and/or PPR too IJN.
;) ;) ;)

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
CONGRATULATIONS ZAJEB,

Ig

Favor

Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Emperor said:
Hi Smallie,

It is obvious Accra is treating FSW currently and we have to wait for our turn. ??? But trust Baba God say June no go pass us. Hopefully your ecas would be updated with your medical record.
Amen and amen, June is our month!

@Smallie
Looking at your timeline we both receive MR same day. However, my Ecas was updated to medical received on May 27. And we also submitted two PCC - UK and Nigeria.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Zajeb congrats and to those waiting keep on keeping on Canada is waiting and no time is ever too late to land. Please like i have always said and would always say, the waiting time is a time to update your skills, if you are in accounting and finance field like me particularly if you want to work as senior accountant or a financial analyst then you have to be sure you have advanced excel skills trust me a 15 hours training or two days advance excel training in GTA where i am is about $500 on the average some are higher so you pay aboy 100k to sit in class for just 2 days.

If you want to learn simply accounting and quickbooks in Canada is about the same and when you start moving to ERPs software such as SAP then be ready to pay about $2000 over 300k. This place is more about skills and certifications and not necessarily degree and nobody cares if you made an upper or lower credit at Havard or in Akungba University what they need is your skills if you have the right skill then you are hired.

Another thing that is critical on Resume here is accomplishment! what did you accomplish where you were working before now and not a list of your duties as we used to have it in nigeria; e.g instead of saying i prepare invoices for customers say i prepare 100 invoices daily without errors and instead of saying am in charge of sale you can say i increased sales by 20% over a 3month period, they are more interested in what you can achieve.

Also interviewers here are very much interested in your soft skills and general people management skill e.g tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, colleagues, or boss, you state the situation, what you did and what was the outcome? is called a STAR story, situation, task, action, result.

As advised by others i urge you to register in any of the newcomer program near you and take sometime to learn about the Canadian work culture its not about rushing to get a job is about learning how to keep the job when you do get one, dont get me wrong am not saying you should not look for job immediately please do but also take time to learn about them its obviously a different world from where we came from. We were told that research has shown that most newcomers cant keep their first job beyond 3 months that wont be our portion but the key is information. I tell you knowledge is truly power!!!!!! the more you know the more prepared you are. If you need to acquire more skill go ahead and do it would come in handy later.

Are there jobs in Canada ? yes there are! is it easy to get a job as newcomer? no is not! are newcomers getting Jobs yes they are bottom line is that its challenging but not insurmountable, we need to remain positive at all times and keep the right company and its just a matter of time the needed break would come. I am not yet actively in the job market but i know its not a bed of rose neither is it beyond our inner will to succeed.

I also want to let you know that Canada is expensive, particularly if you are still converting Nigeria money to dollar to spend so come prepared!!!!!! proof of funds can only go thus far!!! not as long as you think

Cheers all
Tinu

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Tinu,

You have just poured water on thirsty grounds (mine is), and I thank you for this invaluable insight you share here.
Your forthrightness and objectivity is truly appreciated.
:)

DyDx

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Naija
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/02/2010
Med's Request
06/06/2013
Med's Done....
15/06/2013
Passport Req..
30/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2013
LANDED..........
May 2014
Greetings All, please join us in appreciating our God - the story changer! eMR RECEIVED yesterday 6th June.

The Story:
Application refused April 2012. We appealed the decision thru' a Lawyer in Aug 2012 (more than the 60days allowed). The Judge granted leave and extention of time and fixed JR hearing for June 2013. In April 2013, CIC offered to settle; thereafter, we submitted updated PoF and then eMR landed 6th June.

Our GOD answers prayers. In the words of DEO "HE integrated what the VO thought s/he had differentiated!

I see greater testimonies of joy in our forum In Jesus Name Amen
Regards
DyDx

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
Congratulations dydx , our God is indeed a living God.
Accra can only delay but can never deny us our heart desire.
Many more news shall follow

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
tinuadeadebola said:
Zajeb congrats and to those waiting keep on keeping on Canada is waiting and no time is ever too late to land. Please like i have always said and would always say, the waiting time is a time to update your skills, if you are in accounting and finance field like me particularly if you want to work as senior accountant or a financial analyst then you have to be sure you have advanced excel skills trust me a 15 hours training or two days advance excel training in GTA where i am is about $500 on the average some are higher so you pay aboy 100k to sit in class for just 2 days.

If you want to learn simply accounting and quickbooks in Canada is about the same and when you start moving to ERPs software such as SAP then be ready to pay about $2000 over 300k. This place is more about skills and certifications and not necessarily degree and nobody cares if you made an upper or lower credit at Havard or in Akungba University what they need is your skills if you have the right skill then you are hired.

Another thing that is critical on Resume here is accomplishment! what did you accomplish where you were working before now and not a list of your duties as we used to have it in nigeria; e.g instead of saying i prepare invoices for customers say i prepare 100 invoices daily without errors and instead of saying am in charge of sale you can say i increased sales by 20% over a 3month period, they are more interested in what you can achieve.

Also interviewers here are very much interested in your soft skills and general people management skill e.g tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, colleagues, or boss, you state the situation, what you did and what was the outcome? is called a STAR story, situation, task, action, result.

As advised by others i urge you to register in any of the newcomer program near you and take sometime to learn about the Canadian work culture its not about rushing to get a job is about learning how to keep the job when you do get one, dont get me wrong am not saying you should not look for job immediately please do but also take time to learn about them its obviously a different world from where we came from. We were told that research has shown that most newcomers cant keep their first job beyond 3 months that wont be our portion but the key is information. I tell you knowledge is truly power!!!!!! the more you know the more prepared you are. If you need to acquire more skill go ahead and do it would come in handy later.

Are there jobs in Canada ? yes there are! is it easy to get a job as newcomer? no is not! are newcomers getting Jobs yes they are bottom line is that its challenging but not insurmountable, we need to remain positive at all times and keep the right company and its just a matter of time the needed break would come. I am not yet actively in the job market but i know its not a bed of rose neither is it beyond our inner will to succeed.

I also want to let you know that Canada is expensive, particularly if you are still converting Nigeria money to dollar to spend so come prepared!!!!!! proof of funds can only go thus far!!! not as long as you think

Cheers all
Tinu

Anty Tinu,
Thanks for the valuable information to newcomers.
1. Example 1 - The " guy" that normally "carry last "( Dundee United) in my class was the first to get a job .
2. First class means nothing in terms of job search.

I will give you all the full gist next week

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
DyDx said:
Greetings All, please join us in appreciating our God - the story changer! eMR RECEIVED yesterday 6th June.

The Story:
Application refused April 2012. We appealed the decision thru' a Lawyer in Aug 2012 (more than the 60days allowed). The Judge granted leave and extention of time and fixed JR hearing for June 2013. In April 2013, CIC offered to settle; thereafter, we submitted updated PoF and then eMR landed 6th June.

Our GOD answers prayers. In the words of DEO "HE integrated what the VO thought s/he had differentiated!

Regards
DyDx
Congratulations brother...... He who began this good thing will also perfect it to the end......

Cheers

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
DyDx said:

The Story:

Regards
DyDx
Congrats dydx........God has done a marvelous thing
He will do it again for all waiting.

Congrats to the newly landed family--babymart

Congrats to the newest PR holder ---Spokes ,Zajeb

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
DyDx said:

The Story:

Regards
DyDx

This is good news. Congrats! Canada will be fruitful for you and yours.

Seun

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DyDx said:

The Story:

Regards
DyDx
DYDX,
CONGRAT, OUR GOD IS GOD OF POSSIBILITIES, HE CAN MAKE WHAT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE. HE CAN MAKE A WAY WHERE THERE IS NO WAY. MORE TESTIMONIES AHEAD.
SEUN

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
DyDx said:

The Story:

Regards
DyDx
I don't know what to say, I am pleasantly overwhelmed, it could only have been God, am happy about the good ending considering how long this has been we give him all the praise.
Congrats and congrats again.
Tinu

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Thanks Spokes I forgot to reemphasize the importance of networking my people it gets you job more than applying online, you can network anywhere, your children school chat with other parents, park near you, church, in the bus anywhere don't be shy to say you are new but at same time don't over bother anyone otherwise they won't pick your call again.

Please be mindful of your resume on linked in cause occasions demands our changing resume and many times recruiters go to linked in to read about you and see if what you put there matches what's on your resume so be strategic in updating it. Linked in is an assets that can be a liability if not properly utilised. Please make friends and be open minded, for instance I head two guys speaking Yoruba in the place I take lectures, I look back and greeted them and as I was about going one of them asked! Are you Tinuade? Instantly I know it's someone on this thread and it turned out to be Cynmas who just landed and we spoke on phone two days before that day.

Another friend was strolling in a park and was chatting with a 10yr old child who asked her what she does and she said am not yet working and the kid replied my mum can assist you she is a recruiter!! And they lived together in a same building without her even knowing a recruiter lives nearby so guys make friends and try to Market yourself at every given opportunity.

Cheers.