+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
priceless said:
Congrats to every one with one update or the other.SOgood, biolah, olusheg and shady.....To everyone else still awaiting one update or the other,God would perfect it sooner than you think.

Like Sogood mentioned in his post different people have different stories to tell.Am so grateful to God about mine as I secured a very good job in my field (in a fortune 500 )company in the most unlikely city. It was a case of staying with relatives or landing in a big city(calgary/Toronto) and we chose the former even though our chances of securing a job looked bleak but we wanted a soft landing to help reduce cost.

I thank God for giving us the wisdom to make this choice and am so so grateful.

My guidance would be as follows;

1)The nos 1 recipe is to be prayerful and have faith.

2) start you job search early, start applying from Nigeria once you get your PR.If your résumé is good, recruiters would contact you(I had 3 phone interviews, and one online interview from Nigeria).

3)Find out professional organizations in your field and join them as soon as possible.Check linkedin to find out individuals residing in Canada working in your field and ask about prospect, qualification etc.I got to know via linkedin that my uk certification had an agreement with its canadian count part via a random connection on linkedin

4)Register with a recruiter.I got this job via a recruiter (Tim Moore Associates)that specializes in my field and it was through linkedin i got to know about the recruiter.If you in Supply chain pls register with them...
Recruiters have first hand info on what the Employer wants and they pre-inform you on what to say and what not to say at the initial phone interview.This phone interview is what determines if you get to the next stage of the recruiting process.For one I was told not to mention salary even if asked during the phone interview section.Discussing salary at this stage shows that you really are in for the money and not for the job itself.I had previous phone interviews where I applied directly and didn't have the inside scoop on what to say and not what to say.So I would suggest that if you see a job advert on a Company's career section and you know of a recruiter that has the same job under its portfolio pls apply on the recruiter's site.

5)Do lots and lots of networking...go to immigrants centers,gift programmes and other Govt programmes to get insight on other people's experience.

6)you can try cold calling, where you call the company you interested in working and ask to speak to the hiring manager to know if a vacant position exists or to have more insight on the Company's operation.I hear it worked for some ppl.

7)Be optimistic and pray during all the aforementioned process as God won't bring you this far and abandon you.

I pray God grants everyone's heart desire.......Canada isn't filled with bad news of job search after all...
Congratulations Priceless. May God continue to favour you and all yours in the Land Amen.

Favor

Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
priceless said:
Congrats to every one with one update or the other.SOgood, biolah, olusheg and shady.....To everyone else still awaiting one update or the other,God would perfect it sooner than you think.

Like Sogood mentioned in his post different people have different stories to tell.Am so grateful to God about mine as I secured a very good job in my field (in a fortune 500 )company in the most unlikely city. It was a case of staying with relatives or landing in a big city(calgary/Toronto) and we chose the former even though our chances of securing a job looked bleak but we wanted a soft landing to help reduce cost.

2) start you job search early, start applying from Nigeria once you get your PR.If your résumé is good, recruiters would contact you(I had 3 phone interviews, and one online interview from Nigeria).

3)Find out professional organizations in your field and join them as soon as possible.Check linkedin to find out individuals residing in Canada working in your field and ask about prospect, qualification etc.I got to know via linkedin that my uk certification had an agreement with its canadian count part via a random connection on linkedin

4)Register with a recruiter.I got this job via a recruiter (Tim Moore Associates)that specializes in my field and it was through linkedin i got to know about the recruiter.If you in Supply chain pls register with them...
Recruiters have first hand info on what the Employer wants and they pre-inform you on what to say and what not to say at the initial phone interview.This phone interview is what determines if you get to the next stage of the recruiting process.For one I was told not to mention salary even if asked during the phone interview section.Discussing salary at this stage shows that you really are in for the money and not for the job itself.I had previous phone interviews where I applied directly and didn't have the inside scoop on what to say and not what to say.So I would suggest that if you see a job advert on a Company's career section and you know of a recruiter that has the same job under its portfolio pls apply on the recruiter's site.

5)Do lots and lots of networking...go to immigrants centers,gift programmes and other Govt programmes to get insight on other people's experience.

6)you can try cold calling, where you call the company you interested in working and ask to speak to the hiring manager to know if a vacant position exists or to have more insight on the Company's operation.I hear it worked for some ppl.

7)Be optimistic and pray during all the aforementioned process as God won't bring you this far and abandon you.

I pray God grants everyone's heart desire.......Canada isn't filled with bad news of job search after all...
Wow! What an inspiring write-up! With all these success stories coming in,it means we can all make it in Canada with the right planning, prayers and even fasting ;D!
Bravo Priceless, and thanks for sharing. God bless you real gooooooooood!

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
dejiword said:
hi seniors
i am holder of ond and higher national diploma in building technology, i would like senior in the house to tell how many points i would score with this,i know i have to get evaluated my designated ECA bodies,it is necessary to send my transcripts to other professional bodies in Canada since i might be consider a professional.Aslo i would like to know my score with this ielts score, listening 7.0,reading 6.5,writing 6.0,speaking 7.5,,overall band 7.0, date 06/12/2011, currently i am 37yrs and 6months, married, working experience is more 10yrs, noc codes 2131, does my wife has to sit for ielts again, hoping to hear more from guru in the house, thks and God bless
Kindly take this questionaire, it should assist you to determine if you will be eligble to apply and potentially rate you also >>>http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

I hope this will meet your request. Cheers, HAA

POLESTAR1

Star Member
Jul 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
Nomination.....
PER: 05-07-2011
AOR Received.
+ Additional doc Requested: 25-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-08-2011
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-04-2013
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
Hi all,

I stumbled across this material while ransacking CIC website, it is titled welcome to Canada …… what you should know. The material contains myriad of information for us yet to land juniors and even the landed seniors.

find it in the link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/welcome/index.asp

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
@All,

Just to say BIG thank you for your wishes and expression of love. this week, we shall witness uncommon update in AOR,MR,PPR ETC IN IJN (Amen).

BIOLAH

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
@Shaddy,
Congratulations on your successful landing. You and yours shall eat of the fruits of the Land. Amen

Biolah

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
POLESTAR1 said:
Hi all,

I stumbled across this material while ransacking CIC website, it is titled welcome to Canada ...... what you should know. The material contains myriad of information for us yet to land juniors and even the landed seniors.

find it in the link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/welcome/index.asp
Polestarrrrr,
CIC na your house? Ransacking ke. ;D Na wa. Anyway, I also "ransacked" sometime back and found the publications will be useful when the time comes.

POLESTAR1

Star Member
Jul 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
Nomination.....
PER: 05-07-2011
AOR Received.
+ Additional doc Requested: 25-08-2011
File Transfer...
05-08-2011
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-04-2013
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
Double portion said:
Polestarrrrr,
CIC na your house? Ransacking ke. ;D Na wa. Anyway, I also "ransacked" sometime back and found the publications will be useful when the time comes.
:D ;D ;)

Smallie

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010 (Biq paris); 07-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-11-2011, Fed application AOR=>14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 (QSC Received 18-10-2012)
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
Congratulations Priceless. Such inspiring testimonies increases my eagerness to land ASAP as I know my story will not be much different. May you continually find joy in your new home and may you move from glory to glory in Jesus name.

priceless said:

OMOGE

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2010
AOR Received.
15th December 2010
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
13th July 2011, Furthered medicals 15th Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th July 2011, Repeat medicals 23rd Aug 2011/ 2nd repeat medicals Dec 2011> medical result received showed 12/3/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21st March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
2nd April 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012
shaddy said:
this is to inform you that,the whole battalion landed safely on friday 3.45pm canadian time and the process was very interesting.please bear with me as am very tired now.please relax your mind my people nobody ask about proof of fun,.but we should be truthful in whatever you are doing.toronto is a place to be.i will gist you later.please please please.....
Welcome to the GTA, shaddy and battalion, did you a PM

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
OMOGE said:
Welcome to the GTA, shaddy and battalion, did you a PM
PM replied......

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Congrat on your successful landing Shaddy.

Ig

Cynthybaby

Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-10
Med's Request
30-05-12
Med's Done....
28-06-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23-10-12
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-12
LANDED..........
Soon by His grace
Congrats Shaddy on your successful landing. May God prosper u and yours in your new home in Jesus name.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
Cynthybaby said:
Congrats Shaddy on your successful landing. May God prosper u and yours in your new home in Jesus name.
Amen and Amen o.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
Hey Men, AVO put smiles on peoples face. We want more updates on this forum :eek:
Warm up men good news by the corner in Jesus Mighty Name Amen.