+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Hakpoguma said:
My dear people,
I seriously need your assistance before I make any mistake(s).
I am one of the MI3 applicants, still awaiting MR from AVO. My wife and I are planning to spend our next holiday in Canada by August. This is based on the request of our son who is currently studying in an University after 3 years (went through grade 12) of not coming to Naija. We do engage ourselves through skype and voice calls always. He says we should come and see Canada for ouirselves and that he is not coming to Naija for now - when he heard of the awful robbery incident that affected us late last year.
At the moment, he is arranging through his University using the International student office to firm up invitation letters for us - to enable us submit same for the application of visitor's visa. Overall, he is doing great on his academics - we are able to view his grades online in the University portal.
The question is - would be advisable for us to go now, knowing that it may soon get to MI3 applicants for MR, since I do not want the CIC to think that either my wife or I will not want to come back - at the moment, we are both working in well established organisations. We just want to spend just 4 weeks with him. Should my wife go alone to further strengthen our position of waiting of the PR process to be completed.
I plan to file in our application latest by end of 1st week in May, since we are told it takes about 10-12 weeks to have visitors' visa from the embassy -being our 1st attempt to travel to Canada. Please, I seriously your advise to proceed on next steps.
Many thanks in advance for all your responses especially to all my seniors and superb colleagues of M2 and M3.
Looking forward to your help on same. Cheers, HAA.

Hmmmmm its quite tricky but not so difficult! to start with, are there other kids in Nigeria besides the boy? if yes then its obvious you cant abandon the younger ones just because of the eldest one. If there are no younger ones here i advise one of you apply preferably the mum you may however want to give it a try in that case you both apply worst case scenario they would refuse that would not affect your current application in any way. lets wait for others to respond.
cheers

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-11-2010
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
11-11-2011
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
congrats ppl with one update or the other...and those waiting God will surely put a smile on your faces.

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
priceless said:
ANother strange thing that occurred after we had lodged in our money was that the head of the teller came out and said they needed proof of the source of the money :eek: :eek:.WE told them we didn't have proof and that we are new immigrants and it is expected that prior to landing we should have a stipulated amount of money and that this was declared at point of entry(recall that after filling the declaration card no ne asked me anything)but the lady insisted that we should have a receipt for any amount of money above 7000$ :eek:.Na so they return our money oh but they wanted to retain our pounds na so we tell them to pls give us every thing oh :eek:but we were happy as the rate was bad anyway and we didn't have hassles with rbc. So if you would have above that amount ask at the point of entry for a receipt or bring your statement from Nigeria.

Hi Priceless..I hope this helps!
I believe the immigration officer wrote the amount you came with on your COPR...This was what I presented to Scotia bank in Calgary and they accepted my USD. For as long as the amount you are depositing is less than or equal to the amount on your landing paper that should be fine.
For anything from $10,000 and above you have to declare the source

Cheers!

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
tinuadeadebola said:
Hmmmmm its quite tricky but not so difficult! to start with, are there other kids in Nigeria besides the boy? if yes then its obvious you cant abandon the younger ones just because of the eldest one. If there are no younger ones here i advise one of you apply preferably the mum you may however want to give it a try in that case you both apply worst case scenario they would refuse that would not affect your current application in any way. lets wait for others to respond.
cheers
Thanks, Lady Tinu. Yes, we do have other kids who will be staying back in Nigeria - although they are not so happy, they all want to come along. We have promised them another holiday period for them to come along in batches.
Many thanks for your feedback on same.
Looking forward to others re comments.

Sahik

Mar 15, 2013
Hakpoguma said:
My dear people,
I seriously need your assistance before I make any mistake(s).
I am one of the MI3 applicants, still awaiting MR from AVO. My wife and I are planning to spend our next holiday in Canada by August. This is based on the request of our son who is currently studying in an University after 3 years (went through grade 12) of not coming to Naija. We do engage ourselves through skype and voice calls always. He says we should come and see Canada for ouirselves and that he is not coming to Naija for now - when he heard of the awful robbery incident that affected us late last year.
At the moment, he is arranging through his University using the International student office to firm up invitation letters for us - to enable us submit same for the application of visitor's visa. Overall, he is doing great on his academics - we are able to view his grades online in the University portal.
The question is - would be advisable for us to go now, knowing that it may soon get to MI3 applicants for MR, since I do not want the CIC to think that either my wife or I will not want to come back - at the moment, we are both working in well established organisations. We just want to spend just 4 weeks with him. Should my wife go alone to further strengthen our position of waiting of the PR process to be completed.
I plan to file in our application latest by end of 1st week in May, since we are told it takes about 10-12 weeks to have visitors' visa from the embassy -being our 1st attempt to travel to Canada. Please, I seriously your advise to proceed on next steps.
Many thanks in advance for all your responses especially to all my seniors and superb colleagues of M2 and M3.
Looking forward to your help on same. Cheers, HAA.
Your application for visiting visa is independent of the PR, however you are likely going to face a little hassle because you would be requested to state if you have applied for immigration at anytime.

The thinking of the consular officer is usually " why grant temporary visa to someone who has already applied for PR", (this is usually the snag!)

However I think you should give a shot, the worse that would happen is that you will get a No, but that won't stop your PR application.

You will surely see your son once PR is done!

MUFU

Mar 6, 2012
Mississauga,ON
Sahik said:
Your application for visiting visa is independent of the PR, however you are likely going to face a little hassle because you would be requested to state if you have applied for immigration at anytime.

The thinking of the consular officer is usually " why grant temporary visa to someone who has already applied for PR", (this is usually the snag!)

However I think you should give a shot, the worse that would happen is that you will get a No, but that won't stop your PR application.

Sahik and Babe Tinu, i am agree with you hoo haa, nothing is prevention anyones from visit canada city when you is wait for your PR. for this one now, the immigration law is talk it say, to issue you the visitation visases is at the discretion of immigration officer who is hold your application for hand, after she is weigh your case on balance of probabilities. they know it say, you is still to get your PR visases in the nearest future, but for now,it is your moneys which you and your wife and childrenses is want to go wack small for canada city, pending when the PR is come out, and you will go back and wack the real big moneys. Later when they is issue you the PR, the visitation visases is become ancient and modern :D
Hakpoguma, oya hanlele, make you is go apply, at worst you is get NO :p, like Sahiki is talk, not me o, but your wackies moneys is till dey kampe for future purposes. ;D

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Sahik said:

Thank you very much, Sahik for your comments and insight of what a potential consular officer may be thinking.
Like you have said, the worst opinion will be NO and it wouldn't stop my PR application process. Thank you, once more. Regards, HAA.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
MUFU said:
Sahik and Babe Tinu, i am agree with you hoo haa, nothing is prevention anyones from visit canada city when you is wait for your PR. for this one now, the immigration law is talk it say, to issue you the visitation visases is at the discretion of immigration officer who is hold your application for hand, after she is weigh your case on balance of probabilities. they know it say, you is still to get your PR visases in the nearest future, but for now,it is your moneys which you and your wife and childrenses is want to go wack small for canada city, pending when the PR is come out, and you will go back and wack the real big moneys. Later when they is issue you the PR, the visitation visases is become ancient and modern :D
Hakpoguma, oya hanlele, make you is go apply, at worst you is get NO :p, like Sahiki is talk, not me o, but your wackies moneys is till dey kampe for future purposes. ;D
My dear MUFU, I heard you loud and clear o!!. I couldn't stop laughing with the mixture of your words - coupled with the level of intelligence applied.

Truly, my mind is now at rest. I will GO for it-wifey and myself.

Many thanks to everyone, especially Lady Tinu, Sahik and MUFU for providing me the level of comfort I needed.

Indeed, this is a great forum to ask all your questions, concerns and express your fears and this great team of members are capable of managing all concerns. - PLEASE I GREET YOU ALL. Very grateful for all your support.

Kindly have a lovely weekend. Cheers, HAA

mide

Mar 26, 2013
MUFU said:
Pa Mufu GCFR,
I think Canada city has really improved ur spoken English o! :D

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
MUFU said:
yes o mide, but where was you hide and readed the formers of my postses, because your forum NOC is newbie 007 :D
Grand Pa Mufu GCFR, I dey hail ooooooooo

MUFU

Mar 6, 2012
Mississauga,ON
Ikemba said:
Grand Pa Mufu GCFR, I dey hail ooooooooo
Great Ikemba nke ibuo, I am catch the hailings oooooo. how is you?, na wao, long time nwane. i am additions poem below which is make me laughter since i am saw it this morn.

Mother: "Akpos I'm sorry I slept with someone that is not your dad 23 years ago.

And that person is your real father."

Akpos: "Mum, what rubbish! How could you! How am I to deal with this?! You should be hanged!"

Mother: "I am sorry baby, he was my first love and i could not marry him... Cause we are of different religion. He is on the phone at the moment and wants to speak with his son for the first time ever."

Akpos: "No I am speaking to no one. Mr Akpomiemie is my real and only father I know and that will NEVER CHANGE!"

Mother: "Please don't be so upset. Just talk to him."

Akpos: "Ok, let me talk to that useless wicked man, and warn him to stay away from us.

Phone: "Morning Son, I am Aliko Dangote. I am your real father."

Akpos: "Dad! Dad!! Daaaad!!! Thank God! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Thank God!!!!!! I Love you so much Dad!!!!! I always knew there was something special about me, I said it!. Ohhhhhh Thank God.

mide

Mar 26, 2013
MUFU said:
yes o mide, but where was you hide and readed the formers of my postses, because your forum NOC is newbie 007 :D
Pa Mufu GCFR,
I have been one of your ardent fans long before you left us and travelled to Canada city ;D anyway we shall join you there.

MUFU

Mar 6, 2012
Mississauga,ON
mide said:
Pa Mufu GCFR,
I have been one of your ardent fans long before you left us and travelled to Canada city ;D anyway we shall join you there.
ha! mide, you is flat me :'(. anyway thank sir or madam, please took the one that is applicable yous. yes we all shall meet for there.
all of we shall be in canada city, All of forums membars who is start this race will be finish it for canada city, IJMN.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
We landed safely in Canada yesterday. Before I post my landing experience. I will like to address the issue on ground. I have read what everybody has written and I am high impressed with how mature and peaceful people are. I think Beeyo did not mean all he said. I think we are different in our approaches to thinks. May be this is what I did not appreciate after reading Beeyo's posting. His recent comment showed he didnt mean evil. So to Beeyo, I am sorry for misunderstanding you. I am sorry for the pains I caused if there is any. I am really very sorry. Hope appology will be accepted. We will still get to know each other better than this.

To the whole house and to the elders like madam tinu, oloye, igbehinadara and others. Thanks for helping to resolve this issue. God bless you all.