+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

BeeYo

Aug 15, 2012
Okay then, the landing experience wasn't too much different from most of the others so I wont go into details. Like others have said, register to get your SIN cards immediately, it'll take ten working days thereabout, health insurance is three months in Ontario but subject to proof of a landing address, (in Alberta it is immediate) make sure you open a bank account immediately because it is the bank statement that you will use as evidence of address to get health insurance and it will be a month after opening the account that the statement will be sent to your address. Taxes are over the roof in Ontario, 13% sales tax on all your purchases, and income tax is progressively increases as your income goes up. Accomodation is another kettle of fish, don't want to put in my experience here,(You never know whose reading and you will never understand what is recommended you do till you are actually here). Advise, Alberta is good for engineers, Ontario for accountants, this is a subjective opinion however. It makes sense to register for a "Newcomers" program on arrival as most jobs are on "referrals". i.e. "man know man", yep just like in Nigeria. You get these referrals after attending one of these programs. (For a deeper incite, shoot me a mail on the email address I put here.There are many programs and getting into the right one can determine what kind of landing you have in the labour market). By the way, spring didn't show up in much of Canada this year. So summer may be late too, come with warm clothes or buy them. Everybody will greet you "Welcome to Canada", don't believe the hype!

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
BeeYo said:
Hi all,
Landed on the 24th March 2013. Arrived in Toronto that day. Spent three weeks surveying Ontario and presently in Calgary, Alberta. Any forumites landing soon? Shoot me an email on skibochi @ gmail.com and I will give you some tips that will definitely prove useful when arriving in Canada. To everyone, I wish you Godspeed! Ciao!
Congrats on your successful landing!!I must tell you that usually,we do get excited reading Landing experiences here cos we have one or two things to benefit from,but honestly,you made the whole process awkward and uninteresting!!
Pls be more humorous and considerate in your subsequent posts considering your auience-Me and every other person reading,
Wishing you the best life in Canada!
Cheers!!

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
BeeYo said:
@ Babymart, I will assume you didn't read my latest post just above yours?
Seen it Beeyo,see you soon in Calgary!!

isy

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
0631/6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats to all received their MR and we hope this new week will usher in more MR.AMEN

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hi Beeyo,

Congratulations on your successful landing but I feel a bit of arrogance in your posting and sincerly it is not nice.

In as much you are trying to help,it must be with the right attititude please.We are happy when one of our own crosses over.

All the best.

Ig

Double portion

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
11-08-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
Hello everybody,
I hope you are all having a wonderful and blessed weekend.
To every one waiting, please keep your hopes up and your faith active. This week will speak and spill out our heart's desires IJN.
Remain blessed and unshaken.

anthony16

Aug 28, 2011
ofonzo said:
Justice Rennie's ruling against the backlog applicants is a sad one. For those that have waited the longest, it is disappointing. But don't stop believing. Please don't stop your canadian dream. Please look at the other immigration streams and see which one you qualify for. Don't waste a second. An expression of interest system would be introduced in 2014 If Mr.Kenney has his way and this may make it difficult for applicants from the developing world. So the earlier the better.
It is well!
it is well

BeeYo

Aug 15, 2012
@Igbehinadara,
Arrogance? Wow, sorry if it came across to you like that. What exactly didn't you find nice about it? Send me a PM then. Ciao!

BeeYo

Aug 15, 2012
I don't know what your problem is and I am not an immigration agent. I did not insult anybody and I do not owe you any apology. I made a simple offer and if you are not interested, then don't bother with it.

BeeYo

Aug 15, 2012
@TJ2010, Your comments are very offensive to me. You cannot just see a comment and conclude that someone is being selfish. It is rather very prejudicial.There is no big deal about being a Canadian PR. If things were perfect back home many pf us wouldn't be here, and anybody whose doing very well in Nigeria doesn't really have to be here, people come for different reasons though, you are entitled to your opinion and I don't really care what you think about me. Those who know me, know the kind of person I am, and I had something in mind which you have absolutley no idea about, and which a selfish person would never consider doing for other people. But being a public forum, anybody can come and read what is being written here and the information isn't just for anybody, so find out facts and stop per-judging people you don't know. I owe you no apology, I will say again. It was an oepn offer, since you are already in Canada why are you so upset about it?

Ben1

Apr 21, 2013
BeeYo said:
@ TJ2010, Your comments are very offensive to me. You cannot just see a comment and conclude that someone is being selfish. It is rather very prejudicial.There is no big deal about being a Canadian PR. If things were perfect back home many pf us wouldn't be here, and anybody whose doing very well in Nigeria doesn't really have to be here, people come for different reasons though, you are entitled to your opinion and I don't really care what you think about me. Those who know me, know the kind of person I am, and I had something in mind which you have absolutley no idea about, and which a selfish person would never consider doing for other people. But being a public forum, anybody can come and read what is being written here and the information isn't just for anybody, so find out facts and stop per-judging people you don't know. I owe you no apology, I will say again. It was an oepn offer, since you are already in Canada why are you so upset about it?
With due respect to all Seniors and the Coordinator/initiator of this forum, I am a landed Naija and great beneficiary of the forum irrespective of the facts that I paid heavily for hiring a consultant.

Beeyo, for the truth sake, you need to work on your attitude! Initially, I was looking at you statements from the point of poor communication but later realised the real issue. You are in Canada already and you will be SHOCKED when you discover that apart from the Landed members, nobody will tell you the truth instead they will hail you "great! wonderful! perfect!" and doesn't matter if you were going wrong.

We have seen members of the forum Mama Igbehinadara, Pa Mufu, Gent2, Golden Apple, BDX, EMO, Pa Right, the Jackson, guvcode etc offering helps without building bureaucracy around it.

If I were you, I will appreciate the fact that Mama IG, babakura, Ikemba, babymart bodly talked about their concerns others might just ignore you. You really need good positive attitude to survive in this land. No doubt, you will be successful

BeeYo

Aug 15, 2012
@TJ2010, I do not intend to join issues with you.I AM NOT A FRAUDSTER, have never been and will never be. You have an attitude which you really need to work on. Everybody else that who had issues with my posting were very polite about it. I am not soliciting any money from anybody and don't need to. Again you are bring prejudicial in your thinking, maybe that is what your intention would have been if you were me, but news flash i DON'T THINK LIKE YOU. And I don't need anybody's money. I have made sacrifices for people more than you will probably ever do in your entire lifetime.If you have nothing to offer people do not stop people that have something to offer. One reason your country is so backward, is because of people who have your kind of attitude.They have nothing to contribute and they don't want anybody to make any contribution. I am open to anybody who is open to me. You don't even know me, aren't bothered to find out anything and you are busy running your mouth here. I will not be engaging you in a war of words again. I really don't give a damn about your opinion here. When you get here you will discover that you need people and can't discard any info that may be helpful to you.... I am reporting you to the moderator for calling me a fraudster and believe me if you do not apologize formally to me, I am going to take it up with you in Canada. You are leaving Nigeria and cannot just be running your mouth insulting people, you will get sued and will pay through your nose. You need to watch what you call people here or you could land in trouble.
@Tinuade,@Jovic, all my friends here that I have met in person,eveyone please kindly call this gentleman to order or I may be forced to take an action that will not be desirable to either of us.

BeeYo

Aug 15, 2012
@Ben1, what attitude? Everyone that had a problem with it, I replied them politely. If you are rude to me, I won't be very friendly. People asked me to share my experience which I did, some of us have connected on a personal level here outside of the forum. FYI, the Canadian immigration people read these posts. There are some things which we would like to share that may be a little private. I have no idea what you mean by attitude, someone with an attitude never apologizes. You don't need to "pre-judge" people.