+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Emperor said:
Congrat Priceless. It is well with you and hubby in this new homeland of Canada. ;D
Thanks and Amen.
Busy B said:
@ PrIceless, Kemke congratulations.

Busy-Bee
thanks.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
shaddy said:
congratulation to .you and your hubby on successful landing,its a God doing..i wish you success as you are integrate into the system..
Thanks and Amen.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
babymart said:
Congrats Priceless on your successful landing!May Canada favour you and yours!!
Thanks and Amen

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Emperor said:
Congrat Priceless. It is well with you and hubby in this new homeland of Canada. ;D
Thanks.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
gabrilla said:
@ Kemke, congratulations for your MR am happy for you.
@ priceless, congrats for your safe landing. I can see God's favour with you and family. What about your kids, you did not land with them?
thanks ,we don't have kids yet, recently got married.Hopefully we would have a canadian citizen by God's grace soonest ;D ;D

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Okay so today was a very eventful day, we left the house at about 9.30am and didn't get back till 6.00pm.

We have concluded getting our sin, Alberta health card and then opened an account with Rbc(we decided to open a joint one in one bank and single accounts with scotia).pls note that when obtaining the sin, we were warned not to disclose this nos to anyone to prevent identity theft and that its only alberta health registry and banks(for credit card purposes) that we should disclose it to.Also when you secure an employment, your employer is allowed to have this info.Note that no other company is allowed to ask for this and when they ask just tell them you can't give it out.Emphasis was made especially on phone companies and we were severely warned not to give any phone company our sin nos as when this enters their database, then you know that the whole world as access to your sin and can easily steal your identity.

Usually the banks would want to verify your addy and if you have not received any mail on that address you give then you might have to show then your sin paper with your address on it but please do not allow them make a copy(scotia bank requested and we declined) and they proceeded with the account opening anyway.

When we stepped into Rbc we were warmly received and the atmosphere was fantastic, we were attended to and we opened a joint co-signatory checque account with no charge for a year ;D,however Rbc does not give new immigrant a secured/unsecured credit card for this account would need to verify tomorrow if this is possible for a sole signatory account(don't think so though).the exchange rate we got for our US dollar conversion was1.034thereabout which was fantastic compared to what scotia was offering.We asked all the necessary question as we had been severely warned by our relative to ask this and possible bargain/negotiate as there maybe some hidden charges that won't be disclosed.FOr instance usually Rbc does just 6mnths free banking for new immigrant but we were able to negotiate for a yr ;D ;D.plus we got a free safe box for 6months .

So we then proceeded to scotia to open our individual accounts and the very irst shock was that we couldn't be attended to cause we didn't have an appointment :eek: :eek:f or money wey I dey bring oh.I was totally shocked at the poor customer service sha but my hubby persuaded the lady to see if anything could be done and alas she scheduled us eventually.The main reason for wanting to open with scotia was to get the credit card so we cold start building our credit rating.So we opened our accounts got their debit card, was promised a free seve card in which you generate points for any purchases made at a particular cinema(this card would be mailed to our address).SO it came to lodging our dollars and pounds and we were shocked that the exchange rate was way lower than Rbc so we would eventually be loosing some dollars more so if the money to be deposited is high.ANother strange thing that occurred after we had lodged in our money was that the head of the teller came out and said they needed proof of the source of the money :eek: :eek:.WE told them we didn't have proof and that we are new immigrants and it is expected that prior to landing we should have a stipulated amount of money and that this was declared at point of entry(recall that after filling the declaration card no ne asked me anything)but the lady insisted that we should have a receipt for any amount of money above 7000$ :eek:.Na so they return our money oh but they wanted to retain our pounds na so we tell them to pls give us every thing oh :eek:but we were happy as the rate was bad anyway and we didn't have hassles with rbc. So if you would have above that amount ask at the point of entry for a receipt or bring your statement from Nigeria.

I would use this tomorrow or probably as my Naija account officer to help generate a receipt of withdrawal, i didnt get this in gtb , should have collected the copy of the dollar photocopy made, this would have ben easier to show as proof as I would still need to deposit some amount in there cause the account is in existence any way.

So we have technically opend a zero balc account with scotia 8)don't know if previous landed snrs experienced this and how this was averted so that newly landed immigrants don't experience same.

Tomorrow bank runs continues as this would need to be sorted and between Rbc and scotia we spent like 6hrs.We didn't waste time at all getting sin and signing up for Alberta health.

Also it's important that you keep your documents as you do all this registrations as we were told that a newly landed immigrant misplaced their passports, copr and sin during the process of trying to get all their registration done.They forgot the documents on the train and till date they are yet to find them.This incident occurred in March :mad:and the family of 5 is currently distraught.So pls pls guide all this document with your life.

Guess that's the update for now, hopefully someone would pick a pt from this and would learn from us.

Ciao.

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
@ Priceless,thanks for the updates.yEh,I actually did pick some points !!

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Thanks, Priceless. Good experience to share with us - Superb advise to follow through.

Cheers.
priceless said:
Okay so today was a very eventful day, we left the house at about 9.30am and didn't get back till 6.00pm.

We have concluded getting our sin, Alberta health card and then opened an account with Rbc(we decided to open a joint one in one bank and single accounts with scotia).pls note that when obtaining the sin, we were warned not to disclose this nos to anyone to prevent identity theft and that its only alberta health registry and banks(for credit card purposes) that we should disclose it to.Also when you secure an employment, your employer is allowed to have this info.Note that no other company is allowed to ask for this and when they ask just tell them you can't give it out.Emphasis was made especially on phone companies and we were severely warned not to give any phone company our sin nos as when this enters their database, then you know that the whole world as access to your sin and can easily steal your identity.

Usually the banks would want to verify your addy and if you have not received any mail on that address you give then you might have to show then your sin paper with your address on it but please do not allow them make a copy(scotia bank requested and we declined) and they proceeded with the account opening anyway.

When we stepped into Rbc we were warmly received and the atmosphere was fantastic, we were attended to and we opened a joint co-signatory checque account with no charge for a year ;D,however Rbc does not give new immigrant a secured/unsecured credit card for this account would need to verify tomorrow if this is possible for a sole signatory account(don't think so though).the exchange rate we got for our US dollar conversion was1.034thereabout which was fantastic compared to what scotia was offering.We asked all the necessary question as we had been severely warned by our relative to ask this and possible bargain/negotiate as there maybe some hidden charges that won't be disclosed.FOr instance usually Rbc does just 6mnths free banking for new immigrant but we were able to negotiate for a yr ;D ;D.plus we got a free safe box for 6months .

So we then proceeded to scotia to open our individual accounts and the very irst shock was that we couldn't be attended to cause we didn't have an appointment :eek: :eek:f or money wey I dey bring oh.I was totally shocked at the poor customer service sha but my hubby persuaded the lady to see if anything could be done and alas she scheduled us eventually.The main reason for wanting to open with scotia was to get the credit card so we cold start building our credit rating.So we opened our accounts got their debit card, was promised a free seve card in which you generate points for any purchases made at a particular cinema(this card would be mailed to our address).SO it came to lodging our dollars and pounds and we were shocked that the exchange rate was way lower than Rbc so we would eventually be loosing some dollars more so if the money to be deposited is high.ANother strange thing that occurred after we had lodged in our money was that the head of the teller came out and said they needed proof of the source of the money :eek: :eek:.WE told them we didn't have proof and that we are new immigrants and it is expected that prior to landing we should have a stipulated amount of money and that this was declared at point of entry(recall that after filling the declaration card no ne asked me anything)but the lady insisted that we should have a receipt for any amount of money above 7000$ :eek:.Na so they return our money oh but they wanted to retain our pounds na so we tell them to pls give us every thing oh :eek:but we were happy as the rate was bad anyway and we didn't have hassles with rbc. So if you would have above that amount ask at the point of entry for a receipt or bring your statement from Nigeria.

I would use this tomorrow or probably as my Naija account officer to help generate a receipt of withdrawal, i didnt get this in gtb , should have collected the copy of the dollar photocopy made, this would have ben easier to show as proof as I would still need to deposit some amount in there cause the account is in existence any way.

So we have technically opend a zero balc account with scotia 8)don't know if previous landed snrs experienced this and how this was averted so that newly landed immigrants don't experience same.

Tomorrow bank runs continues as this would need to be sorted and between Rbc and scotia we spent like 6hrs.We didn't waste time at all getting sin and signing up for Alberta health.

Also it's important that you keep your documents as you do all this registrations as we were told that a newly landed immigrant misplaced their passports, copr and sin during the process of trying to get all their registration done.They forgot the documents on the train and till date they are yet to find them.This incident occurred in March :mad:and the family of 5 is currently distraught.So pls pls guide all this document with your life.

Guess that's the update for now, hopefully someone would pick a pt from this and would learn from us.

Ciao.

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
priceless said:

We have concluded getting our sin, Alberta health card and then opened an account with Rbc(we decided to open a joint one in one bank and single accounts with scotia).pls note that when obtaining the sin, we were warned not to disclose this nos to anyone to prevent identity theft and that its only alberta health registry and banks(for credit card purposes) that we should disclose it to.Also when you secure an employment, your employer is allowed to have this info.Note that no other company is allowed to ask for this and when they ask just tell them you can't give it out.Emphasis was made especially on phone companies and we were severely warned not to give any phone company our sin nos as when this enters their database, then you know that the whole world as access to your sin and can easily steal your identity................
Congrats, good to see you are really making progress with all the registrations.

About Scotia Bank, we were asked a similar question and all we did was tell them new immigrants are allowed to come in with cash as POF and no further document was given to us at POE, that was sufficient for them to accept the funds, I may be able to get a number of the account officer who attended to us @ Downtown (8th Av, in case that is close to you), she may be of help, will send as PM

For everyone, planning to land, its advisable to get a man-bag (see image below) before leaving and have all your documents and passports strictly in this singular bag (Goldenapple gave this advise a while back also), it will help you stay organized and prevent the loss of your documents, this is very critical.

Congrats and have the best of Canada

Guvcode

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
guvcode said:
Congrats, good to see you are really making progress with all the registrations.

About Scotia Bank, we were asked a similar question and all we did was tell them new immigrants are allowed to come in with cash as POF and no further document was given to us at POE, that was sufficient for them to accept the funds, I may be able to get a number of the account officer who attended to us @ Downtown (8th Av, in case that is close to you), she may be of help, will send as PM

For everyone, planning to land, its advisable to get a man-bag (see image below) before leaving and have all your documents and passports strictly in this singular bag (Goldenapple gave this advise a while back also), it will help you stay organized and prevent the loss of your documents, this is very critical.

Guvcode
@Priceless

Another thought is deposit the money in RBC (get the good rate available there) and do Interac/Email transfer to Scotia, not sure about the limit for interac sha, you can do this once your internet banking is set up at both RBC and Scotia, the charge is just $1 for the transfer.

Guvcode

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
guvcode said:

Guvcode

Tnx Guvcove on your inputs!Hope you and yours are doing well.
Cheers.

Forsure

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2012
AOR Received.
08/03/2012
Med's Request
13/11/2013
Med's Done....
20/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013 IJN
udu said:
Hi my people, remember me? kindly check my comment on page 833 and wait for a miraculous response tmoro. :D ;D
Udu, am sorry as it seem youre on your own. you virtually kept everyone on suspence as you never replied back to the group. What ever you have to say, its better you keep it to your self my dear.as you can see, pple share and not keep group on a hyper level.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Forsure said:
Udu, am sorry as it seem youre on your own. you virtually kept everyone on suspence as you never replied back to the group. What ever you have to say, its better you keep it to your self my dear.as you can see, pple share and not keep group on a hyper level.
Thanks @ Forsure- good write-up ......I guess Udu is still in the spirit :) 8) wrt page 833 comments - I checked it out, but couldn't get anything from same.

Cheers.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
udu said:
Hi my people, remember me? kindly check my comment on page 833 and wait for a miraculous response tmoro. :D ;D
Udu, keep what ever you want to say to yourself as members in this forum are serious minded people.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
priceless said:
thanks ,we don't have kids yet, recently got married.Hopefully we would have a canadian citizen by God's grace soonest ;D ;D
Iyawo, congratulations, what a good way of starting your marital life. Your marriage shall be a blessing to you and your children shall surrender your table. Amen