+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Goodmorning.
If one have an employment in the US. Can one go to work from canada. Is it easy to drive into US everyday or occassionally. I forsee that I am likely to get work as a doctor in the US immidiately as I am qualified to work in the US with my postgraduate certificate but I have to sit several exams and wait some period before getting work. But work is going to be immidiate in the US. While waiting to get job in canada. I will like to work in US instead of doing survival job. Looking at the map US and canada are pretty close. But the state of the boarder is what I dont know. How easy will intercountry driving be. If leave canada and return to sleep in canada, it will be counted for me towards citizenship. I forsee my wife will get job immidiately in canada. I want my kids to leave in canada. Thanks.

Eldorado

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th January 2012
Nomination.....
30th March 2012
File Transfer...
18th July 2012
Med's Request
25 Sept 2012
Med's Done....
28 Sept 2012
Passport Req..
06 Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12 Dec 2012
Hello house,

How is everyone? Happy new year all!

Happy to inform you all that we(my husband and I) landed in Montreal on the 16th at exactly 11:42pm Canadian time.

Just incase any one is interested in getting a cheap flight ticket a particular agency was able to secure a one way tickets for us via Qatar airline @ N204k per person ( with a five star hotel reservation in Doha inclusive) as the waiting hours in Doha is 8 hrs.

Customs officers in Montreal where really nice, they didn't check our bags at all and we didn't spend up to an hour to be cleared.

We boarded another flight to Winnipeg Manitoba, where out family was waiting.

Manitoba is really cold oh! So please come prepare with all winter jacket.

More gist to come later as am trying to settle in with Master Class @ university of Manitoba.

Wish all still waiting a speedy response from Accra. As for those asking if Accra office have resumed operation. I know of a family who got theirs PRV last week from Accra. Please keep all hope alive. It is well.

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Eldorado said:
Hello house,

Happy to inform you all that we(my husband and I) landed in Montreal on the 16th at exactly 11:42pm Canadian time.

Just incase any one is interested in getting a cheap flight ticket a particular agency was able to secure a one way tickets for us via Qatar airline @ N204k per person ( with a five star hotel reservation in Doha inclusive) as the waiting hours in Doha is 8 hrs.

Customs officers in Montreal where really nice, they didn't check our bags at all and we didn't spend up to an hour to be cleared.

More gist to come later as am trying to settle in with Master Class @ university of Manitoba.

Wish all still waiting a speedy response from Accra. As for those asking if Accra office have resumed operation. I know of a family who got theirs PRV last week from Accra. Please keep all hope alive. It is well.
Congrats Eldorado on your successful landing.Wishing you and hubby the best Canada has in stock as you integrate speedily into the sytem!!

idkolapo

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
Med's Request
21-05-2012
Med's Done....
24-05-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2012
Congratulations for your successful landing!

Please can I have your agents number as I need to book my flight to Edmonton. IOM is seriously misbehaving and frustrating people.

Hello house,

[/quote]

swinglow

Oct 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013
Eldorado said:
Hello house,

congrats on your successful landing. wishing u all the best in winniepeg

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Sleek Ricky said:
I have personally concluded that going through IOM Lagos is an unnecessary agravation and headache. I have been trying to get a ticket through them for the past two weeks but calling their office has been a frustrating episode. They are almost always rude on the phone. They wll tell you things like: 'we attend to you people from 10.am to 1pm'; 'yes, what do you want?!'; 'come tomorrow' etc. Once i was at Awolowo Road,Ikoyi at 11am on a Tuesday on the way to their office and decided to call ahead only to be told by some very rude lady that I should 'come tomorrow'. I was confused and asked if it is no longer 10am to 1pm for immigrants? To this she responded harshly 'i say come tomorrow'! Boy! The next time I called and spoke to a guy that sounded understanding after i narrated how I have been trying to get a ticket through them but have always been hitting a brick wall. I even asked him if they are still in operation because I could not understand all the 'come today, come tomorrow business'. He said yes, they are still operating. Anyway, to cut a long story short, i went to their office two days ago and only then did it hit me that this appears to be an outfit run from someone's residential apratment! I was told at the gate by the security lady in a blue uniform that i should call the office number and tell them that I am here for ticket reservation! Note that I went with all the Passports of my family members(5) containing our visas. In amazement I called the office number from the gate and a male voice asked me to wait. The man behind the voice came out shortly to meet me at the gate and told me that they were about to go out that they cannot attend to me. Huh? :eek: Unbelieveable! I told him that I have all my family's document here and would like to process it today please. He then said I should hold on and made an entry back into the building. After he left I asked the security lady that that oga that just left what does he do for them? She said he works as a driver! Hah, for real? Anyways, i waited outside the gate (by this time another visiting gentleman had joined me in the waiting game) under the Lagos sunshine. The man came back after a few minutes to tell me that 'madam say when they are on their way out she will tell me the procedure to follow, that I should still wait. I asked him where was I supposed to wait? 'Here now', he responded, pointing to the earth by the gate. What nonsense? At this point I decided the humiliation was not worth the 40% discount that one is chasing. I have gone ahead to make my reservation through KLM in peace. IMO Lagos can go jump down a well! Crap!
I use KLM and I saved more than 40% courtesy of chairman ORIRE........ in fact I almost bought the ticket on my bed, but I eventually bought it on my table :p :p :p
IOM or IMO or OMI what are called? whatever....the refugee matter na another angle o o o o o. I no be refugee o :p

Geelado

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010.
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2010
Med's Request
May 28, 2012
Med's Done....
June 14, 2012
Passport Req..
November 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2012
LANDED..........
April 2013
Sleek Ricky said:
I have personally concluded that going through IOM Lagos is an unnecessary agravation and headache. I have been trying to get a ticket through them for the past two weeks but calling their office has been a frustrating episode. They are almost always rude on the phone. They wll tell you things like: 'we attend to you people from 10.am to 1pm'; 'yes, what do you want?!'; 'come tomorrow' etc. Once i was at Awolowo Road,Ikoyi at 11am on a Tuesday on the way to their office and decided to call ahead only to be told by some very rude lady that I should 'come tomorrow'. I was confused and asked if it is no longer 10am to 1pm for immigrants? To this she responded harshly 'i say come tomorrow'! Boy! The next time I called and spoke to a guy that sounded understanding after i narrated how I have been trying to get a ticket through them but have always been hitting a brick wall. I even asked him if they are still in operation because I could not understand all the 'come today, come tomorrow business'. He said yes, they are still operating. Anyway, to cut a long story short, i went to their office two days ago and only then did it hit me that this appears to be an outfit run from someone's residential apratment! I was told at the gate by the security lady in a blue uniform that i should call the office number and tell them that I am here for ticket reservation! Note that I went with all the Passports of my family members(5) containing our visas. In amazement I called the office number from the gate and a male voice asked me to wait. The man behind the voice came out shortly to meet me at the gate and told me that they were about to go out that they cannot attend to me. Huh? :eek: Unbelieveable! I told him that I have all my family's document here and would like to process it today please. He then said I should hold on and made an entry back into the building. After he left I asked the security lady that that oga that just left what does he do for them? She said he works as a driver! Hah, for real? Anyways, i waited outside the gate (by this time another visiting gentleman had joined me in the waiting game) under the Lagos sunshine. The man came back after a few minutes to tell me that 'madam say when they are on their way out she will tell me the procedure to follow, that I should still wait. I asked him where was I supposed to wait? 'Here now', he responded, pointing to the earth by the gate. What nonsense? At this point I decided the humiliation was not worth the 40% discount that one is chasing. I have gone ahead to make my reservation through KLM in peace. IMO Lagos can go jump down a well! Crap!
I was attended to in a good manner in IOM Abuja office. The guy actually got booking for my family in less than 2weeks ( family of 5, 2 adults 3 children) for Last December for NGN 1,050,000.

I told him about Lagos office rude way of attending to people and that I was surprise to be attended to the way he did. His excuse was that they are very busy in Lagos. He also said Ticketing is the least of what they do, I think that was why they use to behave in an irrational manner.

I think Abuja office is better than Lagos office. I still have the guys email and mobile No should incase anyone is interested.

I pray there shall be good news this week.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
TJ2010 said:
Goodmorning.
If one have an employment in the US. Can one go to work from canada. Is it easy to drive into US everyday or occassionally. I forsee that I am likely to get work as a doctor in the US immidiately as I am qualified to work in the US with my postgraduate certificate but I have to sit several exams and wait some period before getting work. But work is going to be immidiate in the US. While waiting to get job in canada. I will like to work in US instead of doing survival job. Looking at the map US and canada are pretty close. But the state of the boarder is what I dont know. How easy will intercountry driving be. If leave canada and return to sleep in canada, it will be counted for me towards citizenship. I forsee my wife will get job immidiately in canada. I want my kids to leave in canada. Thanks.
I love creativity, but in this case, you will have to be careful.
1. Though Canada and the US shares same border, the distances btw those points are huge.
2. Your daily or weekly crossing will raise a suspicion.
3. You may have to land and move to the US and reduce the frequency of you crossing, that will also impact the citizenship qualification days you need.

But you may have to chose one over the other, something has to give.

Cheers

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
As someone who lived in one of the Canada/US border towns, I would say it all depends on which of the border towns you're looking at. The Windsor/Detroit axis is very practical for people who desire to crossover on a daily basis. There are so many people who work in Detroit and live in windsor Ontario. Ouellette Avenue, Windsor is just 10mins drive to the border.

Calgary/ Montana corridor takes like 3hrs. And there's Toronto/Buffalo as well. There's a certain lady on here who did the commute through Buffalo/Toronto for work. So it depends on where in the US you're looking at.

TJ2010 said:
Goodmorning.
If one have an employment in the US. Can one go to work from canada. Is it easy to drive into US everyday or occassionally. I forsee that I am likely to get work as a doctor in the US immidiately as I am qualified to work in the US with my postgraduate certificate but I have to sit several exams and wait some period before getting work. But work is going to be immidiate in the US. While waiting to get job in canada. I will like to work in US instead of
doing survival job. Looking at the map US and canada are pretty close. But the state of the boarder is what I dont know. How easy will intercountry driving be. If leave canada and return to sleep in canada, it will be counted for me towards citizenship. I forsee my wife will get job immidiately in canada. I want my kids to leave in canada. Thanks.
As someone who lived in one of the Canada/US border towns

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
Hi all,

Happy new year to everyone and I wish us all a most fulfilling 2013 in Jesus name.

A few things:
1. IOM Lagos - The rudeness without any sense of shame from the folks at that office is not new and when I reported to the only guy that appeared humane, all he could do was apologize on his colleagues' behalf. Their case is really bad and like many have commented, they are a far cry from what obtains in Accra. I was in Accra IOM office with Pa Right and TheJackson and indeed, they are a wonderful set of people there in Accra. Reality is that though I initiated and completed my ticket purchase though IOM Lagos, it was Accra that got the real booking job for me within a single day. Lagos office went to bed and forgot about me for 48hrs after my initial contact. After sending in two reminders with an unpalatable feedback that Accra was the bottleneck, I called Ghana immediately 48hrs later, mailed our passport details to them and got the booking done on phone. They even sent me a mail to confirm same but highlighted they will ask Lagos to send me account details so I could pay. That was a Friday and by Monday 5.45am or thereabout, Lagos office sent me the account details - I was shocked. I paid same day and the rest is history. My interim advise will be to avoid the office and use Accra/Abuja for now but we should not stop there, let all aggrieved folks report to Accra IOM office. Otherwise, look for other credible and cheaper means of flying. You need to tone down on your expenses as much as possible...enough naira saved is some dollar gained :p

2. Anyone who landed in any of the Canadian cities to please PM any of the landed folks so we can all continue to hook up here. We need one another. Don't go alone. Fact.

3. Canada has joined the US to profile Nigerians alongside Iraq and some other 29 countries. Beginning 2013, visitors and students to Canada from Nigeria will be required to submit their biometric details during application and on landing at any of the Canadian airports. Shame. This does not however affect Canadian PRs and Citizens of Nigerian descent. See full details here: http://www.migrationexpert.ca/visa/canadian_immigration_news/2012/Dec/0/951/canada_to_collect_biometrics_from_foreign_visa_applicants

4. Those who plan crossing borders cos of work and other reasons after landing should just be careful about maintaining their PR status.

5. Babe IG and others, please keep up the good works!

All the best to us all.

I will be back in the coming days!

Sleek Ricky

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2009
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
Med's Request
22-03-2012
Med's Done....
6-05-2012
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
1st April 2013
Good morning my fellow Nigerians/Africans/World citizens,

This is truly a remarkable thread on this forum. I am glad I found you guys ;D albeit a tad late but better late than never. Thanks to some members here that I met in Accra when I went to pick up our PR visas I would have been operating as a lone ranger but now i know I have a formidable squad to brain storm/rub minds with on many issues.

Thanks to you all, please let us continue to help/encourage one another. It makes this life easier to live. Iron sharpeneth iron. Let's make a change.

Best Wishes.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
Eldorado said:
Hello house,

Congratulations Eldorado on your successful landing in Manitoba, Canada.
May God Almighty prosper your family in the land Amen.

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
oceana said:
As someone who lived in one of the Canada/US border towns, I would say it all depends on which of the border towns you're looking at. The Windsor/Detroit axis is very practical for people who desire to crossover on a daily basis. There are so many people who work in Detroit and live in windsor Ontario. Ouellette Avenue, Windsor is just 10mins drive to the border.

Calgary/ Montana corridor takes like 3hrs. And there's Toronto/Buffalo as well. There's a certain lady on here who did the commute through Buffalo/Toronto for work. So it depends on where in the US you're looking at.

As someone who lived in one of the Canada/US border towns
Nothing like the voice of experience (or an informed voice for that matter) to clarify grey areas in a conversation.
This was a powerful example and I just had to break my long silence to acknowledge this.

Greetings to everyone ;)

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hi Naija,

good to hear fron goldenapple,congratulations Eldorado,Oceana thanks for breaking it down and Spokes Spokes Spokkes.

We welcome all our Newbies to this great forum.

Eldorado ,pls get in touch with Ladapo or Ind_dan both in Manitoba.

Thanks

Ig

Godpikin

Jan 17, 2013
@Eldorado congrats!

Kindly share the details of the agent with me, as I will like to explore this option for my family and I.

Eldorado said:
Hello house,