+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
I have a question for the landed seniors regarding credential evaluation....I want to know if this is really useful for those of us that are not in the regulated profession.What edge do i have in terms of securing employment with this?also if am to do one is it better i do with IQAS in alberta since i would be landing in alberta in the first instance or can i go with CES(University of Toronto)since there requirement isnt too stringent(no notarized copies needed)

Is this evaluation widely accepted around canada irrespective of the evaluating body and province one is seeking employment.

Pls dont refer me to the cicic website as i want a first hand info from someone who has or knows someone in the non regulated profession that has done this and is benefitting from it.

Your 2cents needed......Thanks.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
vikolo said:
ANOTHER EAGLE HAS LANDED IN CALGARY.

Hi Great people,
Please be informed that yours truly and family got to calgary at about 12.30pm on 27th December ending the a process that started with the submission of an application for PR in early 2010

We took off from Abuja with the lufthansa 11pm flight and everything was smooth all the way right from the airport. No queues (arrived Abuja airport 9.25pm for an 11pm flight and in less than 30 mins we were ready for boarding without any form of assistance or egunje. I told everyone that cared to know that am leaving the country for good so they gave me all the support...lol!), all baggages where checked in with a lot of yes sir, yes sir from airport officials. I recommend abuja airport if you decide not to use IOM and stay around abuja only 2 flights leave in the night and this makes it a lot calmer compared to lagos.

Am planning to attend the calgary meeting this saturday as part of my first ''official assignment'' after landing.

For all those still in this process, I want to wish you all well. The d-day will surely come to pass by the grace of GOD

Victor
congrats on your safe landing and I pray that canada will do you and your family good.

richierich5618

May 14, 2012
priceless said:
Congrats on your successful landing.....Did you have the goods to accompany list and goods to follow?was there any issue regarding foodstuff?Need to know the landing formalities at calgary airport.Hope you can throw more light on this.Thanks.
Hello Priceless. Regarding food stuffs and goods, these have stated earlier in previous responses.

The international Airport in Calgary and other International Airports in Canada has the same immigration laws regarding foodstuffs. Roots, Wooden products-frames(Which I think is a wooden products)are not allowed. Fish, stock fish, garri, beans are allowed.

Well, I got away with my frames though. But there is a fine of $800 for 2nd time offenders on immigration laws.

Cheers>

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
vikolo said:
ANOTHER EAGLE HAS LANDED IN CALGARY.

Hi Great people,
Please be informed that yours truly and family got to calgary at about 12.30pm on 27th December ending the a process that started with the submission of an application for PR in early 2010

We took off from Abuja with the lufthansa 11pm flight and everything was smooth all the way right from the airport. No queues (arrived Abuja airport 9.25pm for an 11pm flight and in less than 30 mins we were ready for boarding without any form of assistance or egunje. I told everyone that cared to know that am leaving the country for good so they gave me all the support...lol!), all baggages where checked in with a lot of yes sir, yes sir from airport officials. I recommend abuja airport if you decide not to use IOM and stay around abuja only 2 flights leave in the night and this makes it a lot calmer compared to lagos.

Am planning to attend the calgary meeting this saturday as part of my first ''official assignment'' after landing.

For all those still in this process, I want to wish you all well. The d-day will surely come to pass by the grace of GOD

Victor
Congrats Vikolo on your successful landing!Wishing you and yours speedy integration into the canadian system.

Regads 2 wifey and the kidz.

Cheers!!

Lucasvilla

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 1st
@ Vikolo, Congratulations on your successful landing... Wish you all the best brother.

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
@Vikolo congratulations for safe landing

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Naija Pikin said:
Pa' Prof Right, my main man, I dey feel your side. Chairman for life. EMO does not feel the koko, he takes coke and fanta just like Pa' Seglad, we go open sugar factory for them.

I dey wait for you my man, Chairman sandwich is very plentysious for here :p, and you know nah, it was prepared by OMOGE in such a way for me to gather more wind to push her wings ;). My brother the snow this morning na kpamgbaaaaa, I dey shovel the snow with one hand, and use the other hand dey swallow Chairman :p. I hear say Calgary na die now.
MAZI NAIJA PIKIN

Calgary na die. I don pack snow tire like say I be bricklayer
I am glad to hear from you again

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Thanks.when you say frames does this include picture frames?we have our wedding pictures in frames and we intend taking along. :-[Do you have a link where i can get a detailed list of items allowed and prohibited?

Thanks

richierich5618 said:
Hello Priceless. Regarding food stuffs and goods, these have stated earlier in previous responses.

The international Airport in Calgary and other International Airports in Canada has the same immigration laws regarding foodstuffs. Roots, Wooden products-frames(Which I think is a wooden products)are not allowed. Fish, stock fish, garri, beans are allowed.

Well, I got away with my frames though. But there is a fine of $800 for 2nd time offenders on immigration laws.

Cheers>

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
stumbled on this link.
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5056-eng.html

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
thejackson said:
MAZI NAIJA PIKIN

Calgary na die. I don pack snow tire like say I be bricklayer
I am glad to hear from you again
Papa de de o yoyoooo, Pa' thejackson it seems like an age, I dey feel your side, but bros I don't envy you guys in Calgary, with what I have experienced here so far, and to consider that it is 4 times colder in Calgary, nna, you guys are supposed to be living in Igloos :D. Una be Eskimos :D.

Pls pm me your phone number, will call you asap. I trust you are having a beautiful Xmas season.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goldenapple said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt]EAGLES' MEETING LIVE IN CALGARY!!![/size][/size]

Calling all landed Forumites in the Calgary arena...

The much awaited Calgary Eagles' meeting holds DOWNTOWN on Saturday 29th December at 11am prompt. Please come with snacks/food/drinks at least for yourself and one other person. Its open house. We will be connecting with the Toronto Eagles' meeting via skype at the venue so it promises to be very fulfilling. Please endeavor to make it. Thanks.

NB:
1. If you live in Calgary and have not been previously contacted, please PM me for address tracking information ;)
2. This is NOT restricted to Calgarians alone, neighboring cities are most welcomed if the distance is not a barrier.
3. Kids are most welcomed.

We looking forward to re-uniting :-* with everyone WARMLY ;D again, its COLD :eek: out there!

GoldenApple
GoldenApple, You are a true Ambassador, Thank you very much, We shall hook up on skype

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naija Pikin said:
Papa de de o yoyoooo, Pa' thejackson it seems like an age, I dey feel your side, but bros I don't envy you guys in Calgary, with what I have experienced here so far, and to consider that it is 4 times colder in Calgary, nna, you guys are supposed to be living in Igloos :D. Una be Eskimos :D.

Pls pm me your phone number, will call you asap. I trust you are having a beautiful Xmas season.
@ Naija Pikin, Are u planing to move to Galgary? Remember, Obi no like cold o.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babymart said:
Congrats Vikolo on your successful landing!Wishing you and yours speedy integration into the canadian system.

Regads 2 wifey and the kidz.

Cheers!!
VIKOLO, Good to hear that you finally landed. Wishing you speedy integration.

richierich5618

May 14, 2012
priceless said:
Thanks.when you say frames does this include picture frames?we have our wedding pictures in frames and we intend taking along. :-[Do you have a link where i can get a detailed list of items allowed and prohibited?

Thanks
Yes picture frames. I have the pamphlet which was giving to me at the point of entry but me tear as i don enter Canada for good. I realised i actually need it cos if am going out of Canada and I bring in what am not supposed, Its a fine of $800.
You can contact other landed seniors for that info.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
seglad said:
@ Naija Pikin, Are planing to move to Galgary? Remember, Obi no like cold o.
Lai lai, I no fit near the border of Calgary, my power no rich there. :D