+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

richierich5618

May 14, 2012
Dear Members.

I sincerely appreciate your messages. May the good lord perfect all that concerns everyone of us IJN.

Please, I will like to go to Ghana tomorrow and I need to book a ticket for my wife and myself unfailingly today.

We were ''categorically informed'' that my wife must not deliver in Nigeria, so we have to do all we have to do and leave for Canada before Xmas.

Here are my questions:

1) Which is preferable- Aero or Arik
2) Do I book On-line or I just go there with cash? Do you have an idea where their office is located?
3) How do I get the yellow fever card, Is it mandatory?
4) I read somewhere in the forum I can get a cheaper airline from the IOM office in Ghana to Winnpeg, Manitoba. Please can I have their details and process of payment?
5) Which airline do you think I should go with, considering our huge luggage and even fun to go with? (Where i go see enouf food inside plane)

Your quick response will be appreciated.

Thanks and God bless you.

swinglow

Oct 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013
i wish to announce to the house that to God be all glory and adoration, my sweetheart and "the wind beneath my wings" landed in Toronto 8pm(toronto time) yesterday. i will be joining him early next year. he was supposed to land 12.30pm but the flight was delayed because of heavy snow.
pls anyone wishing to travel should pls arrive at MMI or any airport early(at least 3hours b4 take off time) cos my hubby's flight was supposed to be 11.30pm(dec 9th) but was bought forward to 10pm without notice because, according to the ground hostess, there was delay with the Lufthansa flight from Frankfort and instead of coming from PH to pick lagos passage b4 leaving for Frankfort, they decided to land in lagos and and then go to PH so as to reduce the time lost. so my hubby had to leave MMI for PH b4 they left they country.

Thank God we go to the airport b4 6pm that day. we went with naira cash and was able to buy all the dollars we needed at the airport and he traveled with all cash. he had no problems with customs or immigrations, in fact he was not even asked how much he was carrying at any point(no be God ;D) untill he got to Toronto. he declared at Toronto and the rest is history.

Glory be to God Almighty

thank u all for making this journey a reality.

swinglow

Oct 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013
richierich5618 said:
Dear Members.

I sincerely appreciate your messages. May the good lord perfect all that concerns everyone of us IJN.

Please, I will like to go to Ghana tomorrow and I need to book a ticket for my wife and myself unfailingly today.

We were ''categorically informed'' that my wife must not deliver in Nigeria, so we have to do all we have to do and leave for Canada before Xmas.

Here are my questions:

2) Do I book On-line or I just go there with cash? Do you have an idea where their office is located?
4) I read somewhere in the forum I can get a cheaper airline from the IOM office in Ghana to Winnpeg, Manitoba. Please can I have their details and process of payment?
5) Which airline do you think I should go with, considering our huge luggage and even fun to go with? (Where i go see enouf food inside plane)

i will try to respond to some of ur questions
firstly aero is cheaper than arik. i think i prefer aero.
secondly, u do not need to go to their office, u can book online and pay at the airport and the ticket will be issued immediatly.
yellow fever vaccination is compulsory to enter accra. just get one at the airport b4 ur departure for 500 naira only. it will only take 5mins.
IOM books flights with Lufthansa airline only with 40% discount for one way ticket. i will pm u their contact. u cal also compare prices with other airlines at wakanow.com
others can add.
i wish u the best in all ur decision making.

Eldorado

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th January 2012
Nomination.....
30th March 2012
File Transfer...
18th July 2012
Med's Request
25 Sept 2012
Med's Done....
28 Sept 2012
Passport Req..
06 Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12 Dec 2012
richierich5618 said:
To God be the glory. We received our PPR just 10mins ago .

Thank you Lord.
Congrats Richierich5618 sooo happy for you

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
richierich5618 said:
Dear Members.

Here are my questions:

1) Which is preferable- Aero or Arik= you can go with either but i went with aero they are usually timely with their international flight.But make sure you get there very early like 3hrs before departure.We were told our name was not on their manifest so we had to go upstairs(international)to rectify this.If we got there late we wouldnt have the luxury of time for this.2) Do I book On-line or I just go there with cash? Do you have an idea where their office is located?Pls do whatever booking you have to do preferably online if you go with cash the flight maybe fully booked.Also you can check in online instead of going to the counter to check in.They have ticketing offices in mma(international)3) How do I get the yellow fever card, Is it mandatory?=yes yellow card is mandatory, i think you can get at the international airport.Those that obtained form ghana paid 2k instead of 500....4) I read somewhere in the forum I can get a cheaper airline from the IOM office in Ghana to Winnpeg, Manitoba. Please can I have their details and process of payment?landed seniors can give info on this5) Which airline do you think I should go with, considering our huge luggage and even fun to go with? (Where i go see enouf food inside plane)

Dmaks

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-12
Doc's Request.
03-05-12
AOR Received.
22-03-12
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
01-10-12
Med's Done....
05-10-12
Passport Req..
12-12-12
richierich5618 said:
To God be the glory. We received our PPR just 10mins ago .

Thank you Lord.
Congratulations richierich.
That's great news.
I'm next on line in Jesus name

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
This is my appreciation to all who sent congratulatory message with respect to our PPR. And you can trust am set to go to Accra for the price.

Thanks

Crest

Sep 26, 2012
jedidiah said:
Hi Crest, Have you tried checking the status of your application by logging into e-cas on the cic website? It may be updated to tell you what stage your application process is.

Regards
Thanks jedidiah

I have checked severally.

The response is your Application was received by CIO on oct 2011 and it is being processed. It has been same since January, 2012.

Crest.

gel003

Sep 27, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2011
AOR Received.
In Process 16-07-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
I have been off the forum for some unforseen contigences. Let me say Congratulations ta all that got one update or the other. Our God is truly Faithful. And for those of us awaiting updates, we are getting closer by d day! God is in control.

gel003

Sep 27, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2011
AOR Received.
In Process 16-07-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
G.E.Jonathan met with the Queen of England. He asked her, "Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient government? Are there... any tips you can give to me? I want to help Nigeria" "Well," said the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people." Jonathan frowned, and then asked, "But how do I know the people around me are really intelligent?" The Queen took a sip off her cup of tea. "Oh, that's easy; you just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle." The Queen pushed a button on her intercom. "Please ... send Tony Blair in here, would you?" Tony Blair walked into the room and said, "Yes, Your Majesty?" The Queen smiled and said, "Answer me this please. Tony, your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?" Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answered, "That would be me." "Yes! Very good," said the Queen. Jonathan went back home to ask N. Sambo, his vice presidential choice the same question. "Sambo, answer this for me. Yourmother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?" "I'm not sure,8-|" said Sambo. "Let me get back to you on that one..." He went to his advisors and asked every one, but none could give him an answer. Finally, one night, he ran into Dora Akunyili #:s. Sambo asked, “Dora, can you answer this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?" Dora answered sharply, "That's easy, it's me! /­:)" Sambo smiled, and said,"Thanks!" Then, he went back to speak with Jonathan. "Sir,I did some research and I have the answer to that riddle. It's Dora Akunyili! =D" Jonathan got up angrily,frownin he said to Sambo, No wonder Nigeria isn't moving forward, I don't have intelligent people around me. !You Dummy! The answer is Tony Blair! LolzzZzzzzZ

Bukonla80

Oct 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
Doc's Request.
05-03-2012
Nomination.....
30-06-2012
AOR Received.
Application received at CIO 29-08-2012, CC charged on 22/10/2012, AOR received on 27/10/2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Medical Request received on 26-11-2012 from Accra VO
Med's Done....
7-12-2012; 25/2/2013 furtherance medical test requested - Medicals Received 12-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Received Passport Request on 19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-2014
EMO said:
This is my appreciation to all who sent congratulatory message with respect to our PPR. And you can trust am set to go to Accra for the price.

Thanks
Congrats bro...!

Orire

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2010
Doc's Request.
27-October-2010(Another Doc's Request:24-Feb-2012)
AOR Received.
27-October-2010
IELTS Request
27-October-2010
Med's Request
05-April-2012
Med's Done....
11-April-2012
1. Either of the two carriers is ok
2. Book online and pay with your debit card, otherwise the available slots may be exhausted before you get to the airport.
3. No alternative to the yellow card
4. Please finalize ticket purchase with IOM Accra before you return to Lagos because you might need some boxer's kits to get thesame service in the Lagos Office. My experience with the Lagos office lead me to the discovery of another cheaper options in KLM even though you need special booking skills ;D
5.KLM doesn't allow more than 12kg for a child under 2years while adults are allowed 2 bags not more than 23kg each, in addition to hand baggage. Extra baggage cost USD160/23kg if arranged in advance. Some other Operators take as much as between USD200 to USD250. You may consider the cargo option. As for food, Emirates, BA, Kenya, KLM, Lufthansa etc dem all get food o. :p

richierich5618 said:
Dear Members.

Here are my questions:

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Orire, please can you enlighten us on the special booking skills needed for KLM cos we need to start having other options to benchmark the IOM quote.

[q :)uote author=Orire link=topic=30420.msg1945518#msg1945518 date=1355234282]
1. Either of the two carriers is ok
2. Book online and pay with your debit card, otherwise the available slots may be exhausted before you get to the airport.
3. No alternative to the yellow card
4. Please finalize ticket purchase with IOM Accra before you return to Lagos because you might need some boxer's kits to get thesame service in the Lagos Office. My experience with the Lagos office lead me to the discovery of another cheaper options in KLM even though you need special booking skills ;D
5.KLM doesn't allow more than 12kg for a child under 2years while adults are allowed 2 bags not more than 23kg each, in addition to hand baggage. Extra baggage cost USD160/23kg if arranged in advance. Some other Operators take as much as between USD200 to USD250. You may consider the cargo option. As for food, Emirates, BA, Kenya, KLM, Lufthansa etc dem all get food o. :p

[/quote]

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
gel003 said:
G.E.Jonathan met with the Queen of England. He asked her, "Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient government? Are there... any tips you can give to me? I want to help Nigeria" "Well," said the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people." Jonathan frowned, and then asked, "But how do I know the people around me are really intelligent?" The Queen took a sip off her cup of tea. "Oh, that's easy; you just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle." The Queen pushed a button on her intercom. "Please ... send Tony Blair in here, would you?" Tony Blair walked into the room and said, "Yes, Your Majesty?" The Queen smiled and said, "Answer me this please. Tony, your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?" Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answered, "That would be me." "Yes! Very good," said the Queen. Jonathan went back home to ask N. Sambo, his vice presidential choice the same question. "Sambo, answer this for me. Yourmother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?" "I'm not sure,8-|" said Sambo. "Let me get back to you on that one..." He went to his advisors and asked every one, but none could give him an answer. Finally, one night, he ran into Dora Akunyili #:s. Sambo asked, “Dora, can you answer this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?" Dora answered sharply, "That's easy, it's me! /­:)" Sambo smiled, and said,"Thanks!" Then, he went back to speak with Jonathan. "Sir,I did some research and I have the answer to that riddle. It's Dora Akunyili! =D" Jonathan got up angrily,frownin he said to Sambo, No wonder Nigeria isn't moving forward, I don't have intelligent people around me. !You Dummy! The answer is Tony Blair! LolzzZzzzzZ

Hahahahhahaha.kettle is calling pot black!!wonder who is the dummy dummy among the two!

Orire

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2010
Doc's Request.
27-October-2010(Another Doc's Request:24-Feb-2012)
AOR Received.
27-October-2010
IELTS Request
27-October-2010
Med's Request
05-April-2012
Med's Done....
11-April-2012
I didn't dey ooooooooo ;D

gel003 said: