+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

RiVic

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yejydo said:
To current PPR holders that s planning to visit accra on monday, 12 th Noember, there s info dt its a public holiday in canada and therefore AVO will not be at work.
You can plan your journey for tuesday13th.

All d best.

For expectant ppl in d hse,
MRs / PPRs... MI2/3, there s info tht all existing backlogs must sublime sooner than you can imagine.
Pls keep the hope alive

Cheers all

Hi,
Can I find out what M1, M2 and M3 mean?
Thanks

RiVic

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jedidiah said:
Hi my people,

Firstly I want to apologise if my post is rude or inappropriate. I just want to vent my feelings.

I will suggest if you are going to canada... NETWORK! Have friends, family, landed seniors etc that can advise you as much as possible. Who said children's clothes are cheap in the UK? Are we talking primark or M&S or debenhams? If you need to buy affordable things, ask people who got there before you and don't come and spread panic in the forum.

Folks, you can buy affordable furniture, clothes, utensils etc if you know where to go. Just ask questions. I'm not saying Canada is cheap, I'm saying you can cut your coat according to your cash.

I apologise if I appear sharp. Pessimism gets me down.

Have a good evening folks

WELDONE Mate! Please, there is no country where they do not have affordable things. The problem is that a lot of people don't like to pay their dues. They want to ride the types of cars people who have been on ground for three, four,five years are riding. It is an illusion!

Many of them start "doing" other people's credit card. You can be sure they will get caught. So please, get there, "cut your cloth according to your cash", settle down, improve yourself to fit adequately into the system, don't be a spendthrift, use your children (if you have any) benefit wisely and you will discover that nothing is expensive if you have enough money.

You can ask about times of SALE! What stores will normally sell for $45 could be sold for $20 or even cheaper during sale period. Target sale period such as Xmas sale, Bank Holiday Sale, summer sale etc. When you get there, you will discover you do not have anyone to impress. During winter, no one will see what you are wearing under because thick winter jacket would have covered it.
When you have settled with a fantastic job, you won't have to wait for Sale period anymore if you don't want to.

I know people who build towers of cloths, shoes, cars in their homes but I also know those who build towers of properties and investment at HOME. Be Wise! very soon both of them will have two different stories to tell.

I apoligise if this is even sharper.
All the best mate and God bless you all.

jedidiah

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Good day my people,

Please I need your advice. I'm sure my driving license and my wife's are original. Do I need to get a letter from FRSC in lagos before going to canada, or this will be sorted out when the licenses are sent to naija high commission in ottawa for verification?

Thank you.

Orire

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2010
Doc's Request.
27-October-2010(Another Doc's Request:24-Feb-2012)
AOR Received.
27-October-2010
IELTS Request
27-October-2010
Med's Request
05-April-2012
Med's Done....
11-April-2012
I think it is better to get authentication letter from Nigeria to save unnecessary wait time
jedidiah said:
Good day my people,

Please I need your advice. I'm sure my driving license and my wife's are original. Do I need to get a letter from FRSC in lagos before going to canada, or this will be sorted out when the licenses are sent to naija high commission in ottawa for verification?

Thank you.

swinglow

Oct 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013
RiVic said:
WELDONE Mate! Please, there is no country where they do not have affordable things. The problem is that a lot of people don't like to pay their dues. They want to ride the types of cars people who have been on ground for three, four,five years are riding. It is an illusion!

Many of them start "doing" other people's credit card. You can be sure they will get caught. So please, get there, "cut your cloth according to your cash", settle down, improve yourself to fit adequately into the system, don't be a spendthrift, use your children (if you have any) benefit wisely and you will discover that nothing is expensive if you have enough money.

You can ask about times of SALE! What stores will normally sell for $45 could be sold for $20 or even cheaper during sale period. Target sale period such as Xmas sale, Bank Holiday Sale, summer sale etc. When you get there, you will discover you do not have anyone to impress. During winter, no one will see what you are wearing under because thick winter jacket would have covered it.
When you have settled with a fantastic job, you won't have to wait for Sale period anymore if you don't want to.

I know people who build towers of cloths, shoes, cars in their homes but I also know those who build towers of properties and investment at HOME. Be Wise! very soon both of them will have two different stories to tell.

true talk

very wise talk

Orire

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2010
Doc's Request.
27-October-2010(Another Doc's Request:24-Feb-2012)
AOR Received.
27-October-2010
IELTS Request
27-October-2010
Med's Request
05-April-2012
Med's Done....
11-April-2012
Could you please let me know the total cost of your tickets for 4? I helped a family of 4(An infant, a child and 2 adults) booked return tickets on BA for 698,000 in Naira equivalant after discovering a higher price for one way. Baggage allowance depends on the Airline and the class of tickets. For Lufthansa non flexible economy class: 1-23kg baggage and 1-7kg hand luggage for infants while each passenger above 2years are allowed 2-23kg baggage and 1-7kg hand luggage. For you Egusi or other food items, you are allowed to take up to 20kg per person but try as much as possible to use transparent packaging and tagged accordingly to avoid Nigerian Custom troubles or better still, get them quarantined. Please check http://www.beaware.gc.ca/english/declaree.shtml for more information
MAKY said:
IOM gave us a bill of for a family of 2 adults and 2 babies less than 2yrs(4months&1yr7months). Please who knows how many kg the go give.pls i want to know how many bags of egusi i go carry oh

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
Orire said:
I think it is better to get authentication letter from Nigeria to save unnecessary wait time
Correct!

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
RiVic said:
Hi,
Can I find out what M1, M2 and M3 mean?
Thanks
RiVic,
MI 1 = Ministerial Instructions 1 Instructions on all Applications received by CIC from Nov 28, 2008 - June 25, 2010
MI 2 = " " 2 " " " " " " " " June 26, 2010 - June 30, 2011
MI 3 = " " 3 " " " " " " " " July 01, 2011 - June 30, 2012

Hope this help your needs?

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-11-2010
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
11-11-2011
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
The ticket 4 four is 515K with some fraction .am not at home now i would have given u the full figure.but its one way ticket

RiVic

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MAKY said:
The ticket 4 four is 515K with some fraction .am not at home now i would have given u the full figure.but its one way ticket
N515K at this time of the year isn't a bad deal at all. But still do a bit more of ticket price shopping. All the best!

RiVic

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akerekoro said:
RiVic,
MI 1 = Ministerial Instructions 1 Instructions on all Applications received by CIC from Nov 28, 2008 - June 25, 2010
MI 2 = " " 2 " " " " " " " " June 26, 2010 - June 30, 2011
MI 3 = " " 3 " " " " " " " " July 01, 2011 - June 30, 2012

Hope this help your needs?

Thanks, I am on PNP that is why I am not conversant with the ministerial instruction.
Thanks again

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
RiVic said:
Thanks, I am on PNP that is why I am not conversant with the ministerial instruction.
Thanks again
RiVic, you welcome!

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
RiVic said:
@ Bukunola,
I think the second AOR you received came from the VO Accra. You can send a mail to the VO saying that you noticed an error in your correspondence address. You should also let them know the right address you filled in your original application. It happened to me too, I sent a mail to them and they replied saying that it was a minor error that won't affect my application. But you need to let them know in case they won't send your MR by email but I pray they do because it is easier, it saves you time and it makes you act quickly. If you are sent a snail mail, it can take two months sometime before you receive it. All the best Bukunola!
You are welcome here and I would have thought there will be a kind of introductory.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
RiVic said:

The only one I need to impress is my landlord as my rent must paid on time and also earn the respect of my bills, as clearing them without story is what will make them accept me as the boss.

Cheers