+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

EMEBEKENI

Oct 20, 2012
My Nigeria people pls i need an advice on how this canada immigration works.

Iam new to it and i really need guidians on it.

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
EMEBEKENI
you should visit www.cic.gc.ca then you may come back from guideline....

FJ6

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-10
LANDED..........
28th Nov. 2012
orire congratulations

@ Emo and others with Medicals done more than 3 mths back please mail Accra concerning PPR and see what happens. thats what my brother and I did and it came with the response.

my two Ghanaian pesewas

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/those-who-plan-to-land-soonplease-please-research-hard-t123578.0.html

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
Reply with quoteQuote
After 11 months of relentless pursuit and struggles, I have managed to land in my first full-time job last week. Yes its a good news, notwithstanding the enormous pressure me and my wife had to go through after landing. In fact, by Oct end we had just 500 dollars as balance in our account, and was almost on the verge of returning back to Dubai. Despite my mid to senior management experience, spanning over 9 years in Strategic HR Operations, combined with working at top Dubai based multinationals, I had to volunteer for 6 full months in Toronto before getting into my first full-time job. It was very difficult for me to digest such a thing as volunteering when I first landed. But that's how the system works here. 90% of the Canadian employers look for candidates who can be culturally fit for their organization. And its very important how you convince them on that!!! Hence I decided to share a few words of advice for all those excited people out there, who are planning their landing soon!!

Relocating and settling in Canada works in a totally different way. Every case is different and it all depends on your Present Situation and Your needs. Please do remember "You are migrating to a new place - On the hopes of Better Life, not for a adjusting or compromising life". It is not related to your qualifications, or experience - the system is Different NOT Difficult, which cannot be explained by writing. Everyone has to come to Canadian Loop to understand and enjoy this.

Because immigrants are welcomed, Canada has so many immigrants, ironically, you may actually find you are competing with many of your country men/women even when you get here. In kind of a twisted way: you are not really a "minority" and will find it just as difficult, if not more difficult. Canadian employers will not be jumping up and down because you have had overseas experience - so many people here have that. So, in and of itself, your experience just being overseas will not necessarily "seal the deal".

Also, when one examines everything you have to wonder why people want to focus mostly on Toronto. Alberta has the lowest unemployment rate in the world (4.3%) right now and trying to find a job is very easy. While there are 100,000 jobs in Alberta that are seeking workers, there is still a labor shortage mainly because of the baby boomers who have retired creating this drain on the labor market.

I would encourage anyone who wants to come to Canada to first get trained in a vocation that is in demand (become a welder, a pipe fitter, a mechanic) anything with a trade. A Journeyman Welder can earn $46.00 per hour anywhere in Alberta but a dentist can't find employment. Drivers of heavy equipment earn $150,000 a year working in the oil industry. So find out which jobs are most in demand and get trained in one of those fields and don't stay stuck on finding employment in your field of certification. LEARN A NEW SKILL.............reinvent yourself first.

So do your research, before choosing Toronto, and my suggestion - make a full research till you get tired, identify needs, try to get a proper Job / Specified income which you are ready to accept - then you can enjoy your stay in Canada.

Careful with your qualifications and/or experience - depending - may nor be transferable to Canada. .Many certificates and/or uni degrees are not recognized here. Your expertise may enable you to move here - but your "paper" or "transcript" etc may not be transferable here.....

Having priorities set with no high hopes is the rational way of making a move if you want it reflecting positively on your, and your next generation's, future - especially when it comes to migrating. Disappointment and desperation are the only things you'd get if you've set your expectations too high, and this is commonly happening to those who end up moving without prior research.

While awaiting for your visa visa, its very important you research a lot, what's in demand, market dynamics in your field, alternates and local skills that you need to acquire there. This is something everyone of us should be aware of before the much awaited 'LANDING'.

Take as much funds with you as possible, not just the minimum suggested by CIC. I would suggest that you take at least savings for the first one year. Be prepared for a change in lifestyle. Try adapting to the Canadian lifestyle. Start building professional network even before the time you land. Times have changed and social media has evolved rapidly.world has shrunk - try LinkedIn(don't ask for jobs directly, they'll throw you out of their network, rather your profile should be strong enough to impress).

Ensure English (or French) and other skill sets are up to snuff. In many areas of the country (particularly urban), you would be speaking with others all speaking English or French with their own accents (not necessarily Canadian origin). And so proficiency is almost more important than ever since you will be hearing the languages spoken so differently by so many different people with so many different backgrounds... the plus side is most people here will have heard English (and French) spoken with your accent - but not necessarily the other way around?

Repurpose your application and resume for each job you apply for rather than a broad brushstroke. Start reading job boards, job descriptions and essential equirements, this should give you an idea of what background a Canadian employer seeks from candidates.

The list can go on, and on, so prepare yourself mentally to face these challenges.

That being said, I feel privileged to live here so far..and I love Canada Smiley
Report to moderator Logged
samar123

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
shaddy said:
Reply with quoteQuote
After 11 months of relentless pursuit and struggles, I have managed to land in my first full-time job last week. Yes its a good news, notwithstanding the enormous pressure me and my wife had to go through after landing. In fact, by Oct end we had just 500 dollars as balance in our account, and was almost on the verge of returning back to Dubai. Despite my mid to senior management experience, spanning over 9 years in Strategic HR Operations, combined with working at top Dubai based multinationals, I had to volunteer for 6 full months in Toronto before getting into my first full-time job. It was very difficult for me to digest such a thing as volunteering when I first landed. But that's how the system works here. 90% of the Canadian employers look for candidates who can be culturally fit for their organization. And its very important how you convince them on that!!! Hence I decided to share a few words of advice for all those excited people out there, who are planning their landing soon!!

Relocating and settling in Canada works in a totally different way. Every case is different and it all depends on your Present Situation and Your needs. Please do remember "You are migrating to a new place - On the hopes of Better Life, not for a adjusting or compromising life". It is not related to your qualifications, or experience - the system is Different NOT Difficult, which cannot be explained by writing. Everyone has to come to Canadian Loop to understand and enjoy this.

Because immigrants are welcomed, Canada has so many immigrants, ironically, you may actually find you are competing with many of your country men/women even when you get here. In kind of a twisted way: you are not really a "minority" and will find it just as difficult, if not more difficult. Canadian employers will not be jumping up and down because you have had overseas experience - so many people here have that. So, in and of itself, your experience just being overseas will not necessarily "seal the deal".

Also, when one examines everything you have to wonder why people want to focus mostly on Toronto. Alberta has the lowest unemployment rate in the world (4.3%) right now and trying to find a job is very easy. While there are 100,000 jobs in Alberta that are seeking workers, there is still a labor shortage mainly because of the baby boomers who have retired creating this drain on the labor market.

I would encourage anyone who wants to come to Canada to first get trained in a vocation that is in demand (become a welder, a pipe fitter, a mechanic) anything with a trade. A Journeyman Welder can earn $46.00 per hour anywhere in Alberta but a dentist can't find employment. Drivers of heavy equipment earn $150,000 a year working in the oil industry. So find out which jobs are most in demand and get trained in one of those fields and don't stay stuck on finding employment in your field of certification. LEARN A NEW SKILL.............reinvent yourself first.

So do your research, before choosing Toronto, and my suggestion - make a full research till you get tired, identify needs, try to get a proper Job / Specified income which you are ready to accept - then you can enjoy your stay in Canada.

Careful with your qualifications and/or experience - depending - may nor be transferable to Canada. .Many certificates and/or uni degrees are not recognized here. Your expertise may enable you to move here - but your "paper" or "transcript" etc may not be transferable here.....

Having priorities set with no high hopes is the rational way of making a move if you want it reflecting positively on your, and your next generation's, future - especially when it comes to migrating. Disappointment and desperation are the only things you'd get if you've set your expectations too high, and this is commonly happening to those who end up moving without prior research.

While awaiting for your visa visa, its very important you research a lot, what's in demand, market dynamics in your field, alternates and local skills that you need to acquire there. This is something everyone of us should be aware of before the much awaited 'LANDING'.

Take as much funds with you as possible, not just the minimum suggested by CIC. I would suggest that you take at least savings for the first one year. Be prepared for a change in lifestyle. Try adapting to the Canadian lifestyle. Start building professional network even before the time you land. Times have changed and social media has evolved rapidly.world has shrunk - try LinkedIn(don't ask for jobs directly, they'll throw you out of their network, rather your profile should be strong enough to impress).

Ensure English (or French) and other skill sets are up to snuff. In many areas of the country (particularly urban), you would be speaking with others all speaking English or French with their own accents (not necessarily Canadian origin). And so proficiency is almost more important than ever since you will be hearing the languages spoken so differently by so many different people with so many different backgrounds... the plus side is most people here will have heard English (and French) spoken with your accent - but not necessarily the other way around?

Repurpose your application and resume for each job you apply for rather than a broad brushstroke. Start reading job boards, job descriptions and essential equirements, this should give you an idea of what background a Canadian employer seeks from candidates.

The list can go on, and on, so prepare yourself mentally to face these challenges.

That being said, I feel privileged to live here so far..and I love Canada Smiley
Report to moderator Logged
samar123
i got this from another thread....

All-Wise

Sep 2, 2012
Dear Forumites,

I have an inquiry i want to make and need the experienced member's opinion on.

A friend of mine we applied togeda in MI3 Application stream in July 2011 had problem with his wife.

The wife left him and took away their two children without a trace initially. Upon extensive findings, he was able to trace the wife to her friend's place and the wife said she's no longer interested in continuing with their marriage relationship having taken custody of their two kids.

How can this development affect his FSW Application since he's just awaiting MR from Accra VO for himself and the family member?

What's the way out for him?

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
Well i suggest ur friend pray very well for guidance because if he decides to remove his wife n kids 4rm d applicatn it might be difficult to add them later when everytyn is settled, i as a christian believe there nothing too hard for God to do. He should consider his kids and see if he can talk to a pastor or somebody she respect most importantly pray for God to put ur home back in order without them his canada dream wont be complete.
My 2cents.
All-Wise said:
Dear Forumites,

I have an inquiry i want to make and need the experienced member's opinion on.

A friend of mine we applied togeda in MI3 Application stream in July 2011 had problem with his wife.

The wife left him and took away their two children without a trace initially. Upon extensive findings, he was able to trace the wife to her friend's place and the wife said she's no longer interested in continuing with their marriage relationship having taken custody of their two kids.

How can this development affect his FSW Application since he's just awaiting MR from Accra VO for himself and the family member?

What's the way out for him?

jedidiah

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Hi All-wise,

This case is difficult and you may need Legal advice. All family members are supposed to actually do medicals whether accompanying or not accompanying. If they go ahead and get divorced, it gets messy as child custody issues and divorce issues will arise and documents for these will be needed.

I will also suggest your friend prays, enlists the support of their families and friends and Pastor/Imam in this issue. Most importantly canada is for their children and future generations, why just allow the enemy mess this up without a fight?

I pray all goes well. Many relationships go through a rough parch and still come out stronger. NB if your friend is wrong, let him too be willing to make amends.

Regards

All-Wise

Sep 2, 2012
@Kayb/Jedidiah,

Thanks for your swift and useful hints. You are indeed too much.

I have told my friend time will heal the wound of discord between him and his wife moreso that the MRs have not start coming, by the timr the wife is aware of what they have at stake when the MR comes in, she will calm down,

I just realize that my friend's wife is actually planning to relocate with the kids to Germany because she have schooled their before. This plan have caused a serious argument between them because the wife seems to have lost fate in Canada having waited for well over a year while my friend have preference for Canada so that his children will continue to speak English as against dutch.

However, as suggested, family members are already engaging them to sort things out between them. Am certain that before the MR comes out, they would have sort things out especially if he is able to stop her from the Germany trip which will stall their Medicals.

By the way, what's keeping the flow of the MI2 and MI3's MRs?

Many thanks once again for your contributions.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
FJ6 said:
orire congratulations

@ Emo and others with Medicals done more than 3 mths back please mail Accra concerning PPR and see what happens. thats what my brother and I did and it came with the response.

my two Ghanaian pesewas
Thank you brother. I am particularly humbled by the concern of all in the house for the PPR. We trust God, that it will come this week.

Thanks

mayoress

Sep 9, 2011
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
MPNP-30/03/13; CIC-06/05/14
Doc's Request.
CIC- 06/08/14; Submitted- 18/08/14
Nomination.....
27/02/14
AOR Received.
MPNP- 09/04/13; CIC-25/06/14
IELTS Request
Submitted for MPNP. Expired submitted with CIC application
File Transfer...
25/06/14
Med's Request
07/08/14
Med's Done....
14/08/14; In-process- 13/08/14; medical received- 18/08/14
Interview........
MPNP-24/02/14; CIC- Waived iJn. Amen.
Passport Req..
26/08/14
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/14
LANDED..........
05/12/2014 by the help of God.
EMO said:
Thank you brother. I am particularly humbled by the concern of all in the house for the PPR. We trust God, that it will come this week.

Thanks
Amen iJn.

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request