+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

momohj25

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
Med's Request
31-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-08-2012
Passport Req..
25-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
LANDED..........
tinuadeadebola said:
My people.
As am writing this, the envelope containing the Visa is safely tucked in my bag and am wacthing it with my two eyes i cant allow these hotel staff go near it.

Yes i got the visa and yes am still in Acraa to leave 2moro but level don change ooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I would sure give you people the full gist when i get home tomorrow this is just to let you know the my passport is now carrying a prized asset!!!!!

@ Pa Right Congrats!!! All things work together for good for them that love God!!!

Cheers all
Congratulations Tinu, am Very happy for you. and thank you for our last advice!

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
tinuadeadebola said:
My people.
As am writing this, the envelope containing the Visa is safely tucked in my bag and am wacthing it with my two eyes i cant allow these hotel staff go near it.

Yes i got the visa and yes am still in Acraa to leave 2moro but level don change ooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I would sure give you people the full gist when i get home tomorrow this is just to let you know the my passport is now carrying a prized asset!!!!!

@ Pa Right Congrats!!! All things work together for good for them that love God!!!

Cheers all
Congrats on the receipt of your visas and safe journey as you return to Naija.

@Right,
Congrats on your safe landing in Canada, sorry for the travelling stress God will compensate you with quick integration into the Canadian system as you start to prosper in the land.

@Murpheux, Landed applicant and Donbaker
You are all welcome to the forum and you are indeed at home.

@Donbaker,
Before going for my visa I only knew my own UCI number and filled the same in the IMM008 for each of my family members, the forms received with the visas from the VO contained the specific UCI for each person which I had no idea of the number, so don't worry about it am sure it will be updated by them when you go for your visa.

Cheers

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
Congrats Tinu

Loolo

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
momohj25 said:
Oga Emo, thanks for the reply, i have also replied you
Please check your skype looking forward to having you on

Cheers

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Right said:
My Dearest Forumites,

Thank you for the well wishes. I know many have really missed me but the truth is I miss you more than you miss me. We are like united Nations, all for one and One for all!
The journey was not smooth at all but if God has destined one for a place, no matter what; you must be there.
Yes, we boarded on Saturday 18th Aug. to montreal via doha but we missed our connecting flight to Montreal and the next flight is on Wednesday; unfortuately, we don't have the transit visa to stay in Doha for more than 24hrs! We have to come back to lagos to reshedule our flight. :-\ :-\ :-\

Lesson one for us all,
Please check your connecting flight to know if they fly to your destination on a daily basis. This was my error as I thought Qatar flies Canada daily.
Lesson two,
Transit free visa will only last 24hrs within the airport (Though I stand to be corrected), As I planned to check-in at any hotel but was refused for lack of transit visa.

We came back to Lagos on Monday to rebook our flight. Guess what, all seats were fully booked. Just like what happened in Doha when I asked to be placed on any other european nations or US. The London olympic and holiday returnees made seats unavailable. The only available seats we got was a bit on the high side and you know that yours sincerely we do the calculation to the nearest kobo! So I gave a tall order to search during the midnight. Alas we got 3 cheapest seats on United Airways for Saturday 25th August (A week after our first aborted journey!) wonderful!!!! while the last seat was N25,000.00 costlier on same plane o! We all have US visas, so no qualms passing through US. But if you must pass US, omo ready for regorous search and please declare all your POF. I did! :eek: :eek: :eek:

LANDING EXPERIENCE
We boarded on 25/08/2012 to Huston Texas at 10.50pm Naija time. Got to US at 5.05am Texas time. Went through the Immigration and Customs (Thank God one of my sons is US citizen) the queue na DIE! So we were allowed to pass through US citizen line. We were sent to the custom room for the declaration of above US$10,000.00.

Went straight to connect our Calgary flight. We wondered for sometime before check-in which actually started at 11am Texas time. We took off to the Holy Land of Calgary at 12.40pm and landed at about 4.00pm Calgary time for a 4hrs 19 mins flight. Note Calgary is 1hr behinde Texas.

AT POE
We were welcomed to Canada and Calgary in particular. Our passport was stamped and visa cancelled since it is for only one leg! We were asked to provide address for PR cards which the man said we come on 6weeks time.
AT CUSTOM POINT
I gave them the declaration form and nobody was even interested in my POF sheewww #hiss# all the houlabaloou that we make on the forum sef! I gave them my list of Goods to follow and was stamped and signed. Meaning any time I decided to bring those listed items, I pay no charges and I included food stuffs, furniture and cars in case I need to ship some items from Naija I heard it is easy and cheap if you got a good exporter. Am negotiating with one now and the price seems reasonable enough. Whats the point using like $5,0000 to equip your house when you got some of the things in Naija which you could ship for say $900.00 to $1,000 (am not Ijebuish but just being PRUDENT!)

FINALLY
I had called Gents2,Moegbenga and theJackson. I will call Seglad, Oloye, BDPA, and iii today. And anyone who I have the fone no.

Calgary is expanding o. The place cold small sha and the roads are bigger than Naija own. So far, am enjoying myself ooooo.

Pa Right has landed gbam gbam GBOSA oooooooooooooooooooo ;D ;D ;D
Congrat Pa Right. But, I need to take a lesson from you on this. what is one likely to save by going through your original route?

Thanks

idkolapo

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
Med's Request
21-05-2012
Med's Done....
24-05-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2012
@EMO,

CONGRATS!

cynmax

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-10
Congrats Ma Tinu wish you safe journey back to 9ja

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
tinuadeadebola said:
My people.

Cheers all
Babe Tinu
Congratulations. Good to know that you got it already tucked in your bag securely. You may need to deploy an alarm system on the bio pages of the passport for those 32 kiniuns that can remove socks without removing shoe. :p :p :p

Smallie

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010 (Biq paris); 07-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-11-2011, Fed application AOR=>14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 (QSC Received 18-10-2012)
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
Hello All,

@ Pa Right, congratulations and glory to God for a successful landing despite all the hassles. It is only a distinguished Pa like youself, that can have such a dramatic landing (i'm sure it wasn't very funny then). Surely, @ His own time, He maketh it all beautiful to them that love Him and are the called...
@ Tinuadebola, cngratulations on the uqwu leaf!!! I trust they are well wrapped under you pillow tonight ;D. Have a safe trip back

Lucasvilla

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 1st
JODAV, thanks for the advise you gave donbaker '' A word is enough for the wise ".

TITO, thanks for the advise you gave Pa right on export issues.

Pa right, thanks for sharing your journey experience with us... Two things are noted.

Don baker, tick tac tick tac tick tac ... the ball is in your court...

Accra, pls stop sleeping on a bicycle... MI2 and MI3 is waiting !!!

fatex

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
@Pa Right..congrats
@madamTinuofthemosthighGod of alberta ontario and BC...u no aw we do it..congrats.safe trip bk

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
fatex said:
@ Pa Right..congrats
@ madamTinuofthemosthighGod of alberta ontario and BC...u no aw we do it..congrats.safe trip bk
Bros you are next oh...

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
EMO said:
Congrat Pa Right. But, I need to take a lesson from you on this. what is one likely to save by going through your original route?
Thanks
Many things my dear, the price is slightly cheaper than others on round trip. They are "The best airline" for 2011 with very nice meal on board and powerful entertainment. children friendly and very exciting. The price they charge is low compared to what you get.

They served chairman as you want it GBAM. I took lots of it from Lagos to DOHA and back.....not the reason I missed the flight though! ;D ;D ;D

Imagine on United Airways to Huston, i was asked to pay $6 for one 33ml of chairman ........just imagine....Ok, i agreed to pay for the chairman because the journey too long (13hrs non-stop) I brought out $24 for 4 cans.....Alas the small girl say they don't accept cash on board...Yeepa. I quickly searched my hand luggage brought out the GT card I got.

Gbam, she inserted the card...Omo na error, error the useless machine begin show o. It does not recognise my card. thank God na sipini money I put inside. Another advise do not load your card with your POF o! :-\

I thirst for 13 solid hours, my throat almost burst...And I dey see chairman for other people front....I regreted not flying Qatar at that time.

The next flight from Texas to Calgary, EMO, na sufer head first class. Foods were served on purchase only. Same story no card on board. Omo I vex raise my voice and they agreed to serve us diet coke, coke, sprit and other jedi-jedi drinks. I took one tumbler cos of hunger. Thank God my wife had gone to buy fries and chicken for my children at airport before boarding. I refused to spend
N1,700.00 just for small potato chips and small wing of chicken (okuko) at $12.00. EMO hunger wire me like say I wan kaput inside plane. My wife warn me o! The journey was 4hrs 20mins yours sincerely carry empty stomach enter Calgary. :mad: :mad: >

Need I tell you what happened immediately I entered Calgary? Please fly Qatar! GBAM GBAM GBOSA. :p :p :p

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
nolzi said:
Hello Elders and fellow canadian compatriots ;D,

Can anyone give me an idea what the IOM fares for a family of 5 (no infant) will be?

the IOM office in Lagos says it will take up to 3 weeks to know and i want to know if the wait is worth it compared with booking with agents.

I think someone posted something like that on this thread but i cant find it again.
all advice is welcome ;D

Talk to Accra IOM and INSIST you need the information from them and NOT Lagos.