+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

larrymilla

Mar 3, 2010
Hi my Naija Peeps,

I'm new to this room, though I registered here long ago. I need some sorts of advice & clarifications before I file my application.
I want to apply as FSW as a Plumber but I don't know my chances as I am yet to see anyone discussed this from Nigeria.
I think I qualify from the test I took; met all their requirements.

but I'm worried as I'm yet to see anyone talked about this skill in this forum; maybe there's distaste for Nigerian artisans.

Please enlighten me. I plan to take the IELTS test in January.

Seun

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
larrymilla said:
Hi my Naija Peeps,

I'm new to this room, though I registered here long ago. I need some sorts of advice & clarifications before I file my application.
I want to apply as FSW as a Plumber but I don't know my chances as I am yet to see anyone discussed this from Nigeria.

but I'm worried as I'm yet to see anyone talked about this skill in this forum; maybe there's distaste for Nigerian artisans.

You stand a better chance , you can go a head to submit your application on time, all the best.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
I will only advise you to apply if only you got what is required of the NOC. Many people think because the NOC is very scanty, they want to cash-in on it believing that CIC would immediately give them positive assessment due to shortage of applicants. This notion is not true as many Crane operators were rejected even though the application number is very low.

My 2 kobo advise gbam!

larrymilla said:
Hi my Naija Peeps,

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
1/2/12...... submitted 10/2/12
AOR Received.
24/5/10 in process:7/12/11, started processing: 18/4/12
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12
Congrats to all with PR, MR, and all d R's.

Got into discussion with some buddies and this particular issue was asked,

The issue is

1. Is it possible to process work permit after applying under fsw and even file nos has been given

2. if the work permit is granted can 1 now forward such to Accra , will it fasten the process or otherwise

Bearing in mind that you ave applied for FSW without the work permit for over a year..

Elders ova to u.

Thanks

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
seglad said:
Accra is ready to make a selection decision on your application. Fill a new form IMM0008 to add the new baby and submit with the new baby birth certificate. When the passport is ready, do the photocopy and send it to them. POF should cover the whole family(4).
Seglad - Abeg send me the link to the new form IMM0008. There are 2 links on CIC site. I got confused.

Thx, Kcsider

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
K
kpopi77 said:
@ Babe IG, VOA, Tinu,

I have been around just took Madam Tinu's position to let go and concentrate on other issues for a while. Moreover, it's beta to let the Newbies share their experience too. For the December 17 Eagles meeting, I have marked it in my Diary and plan to be there. Naija Pikin, Pa Right hope to see you all there.

Appreciate you all and yes Madam and the kids are doing great......... Don't worry Pa Right, are still the same number I don't need additional family information form.... ;D

Kpopi
I do understand how you feel cos am still there but hey we have every reason to bless God cos very

soon things will turn around for our good by his grace. @ thejackson,pls chillax and expect your MR gbam.

I AM REQUESTING ALL PR,MR,UPDATE RECIPIENT TO BE AT OUR END OF THE YEAR MEETING ,IT IS FOR ALL MANDATORY ALL MEMBERS.

I want the list of those attending please.

Ig

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
I was also having a challenge on how to get Schedule 1 Background Declaration form (IMM0008 Schedule 1), the one am seeing is schedule A
Mandie, kindly assist,
Thanx

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
Gabil said:
hi everybody,
got a mail from accra today, please find mail below and kindly advice

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

A separate and newly completed Schedule 1 Background Declaration form (IMM0008 Schedule 1) bearing original signature(s) for yourself. Update your addresses section, as the time between 09/2002 and 09/2004 is not covered. There is a gap in your Personal History between 06-09/03. You claim to have worked in lagos from 2003, but only lived there until 2002. Form can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

HELPPPPPPP
Pls can anybody advice me Schedule 1 Background Declaration form (IMM0008 Schedule 1) is not on the new cic website

VOA

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
1233/1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Additiona docs. request 15-06-11
AOR Received.
01-03-2011 from CIO
IELTS Request
Sent with appl.
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-11
LANDED..........
chinny09 said:
Dear VOA
thanks a lot.You talked of photos? What type,family? work photos?
Do they also need the said documents for my spouse? What if i my wife transfers money into my account,with her name showing on the bank statement, Is that ok? If we need to explain do we include a mail or something,please educate me.Also id like to get ur email addy mine is chimacuser2000 @ yahoo.co.uk
Thankyou
Yes, work photos for you as principal Applicant(although not compulsory). It's ok to transfer from your wife's account BUT why don't you just submit her bank statement as well and avoid explanation.Check your pm for my e-mail.

femolyn1

Sep 13, 2011
Gabil said:
I was also having a challenge on how to get Schedule 1 Background Declaration form (IMM0008 Schedule 1), the one am seeing is schedule A
Mandie, kindly assist,
Thanx
Note that the schedule 1 form has been replaced by Schedule A, though the content remains the same. The changes is only on the numbering that's all. So go ahead and work with the schedule A form..cheers

Phemy..

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Gabil said:
Mandie, kindly assist,
Thanx
Hi,
here is the link to the background declaration.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.PDF
Mandie

chinny09

Dec 1, 2009
igbehinadara said:
K I do understand how you feel cos am still there but hey we have every reason to bless God cos very

soon things will turn around for our good by his grace. @ thejackson,pls chillax and expect your MR gbam.

I AM REQUESTING ALL PR,MR,UPDATE RECIPIENT TO BE AT OUR END OF THE YEAR MEETING ,IT IS FOR ALL MANDATORY ALL MEMBERS.

I want the list of those attending please.

Ig
Hi Ig,I am in PH ,any venue for PH people?

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Abuja & PH guys can skype in or better still make plans to personally attend.

Is Mandie gonna come this time ??? :'( :'( :'(
Madam IG, I hereby confirm my LIVE attendance to the upcoming meeting.

Merry christmas in advance guys.

chinny09 said:
Hi Ig,I am in PH ,any venue for PH people?

Kanadamine

Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
Doc's Request.
06-06-2010
File Transfer...
06-06-2010
After a very long wait my Status finally changed to In Process. This shows Accra is really picking up.

Wishing All Merry Xmas