+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egrace62 said:
by the Grace of God, i finally landed safely on the island of MOntreal after a 13hrs non-stop flight.... landed 2;30pm....
but still at the airport.... very many immgrants to clear..... we all are quietly passing our time with their free Wi-Fi..... all one need get is a laptop and the internent is free................. details later
Hi egrace, thank God for journey mercies. How are u, I really wish i was there. Hope u have started speaking your yoruba accented french.

To all those that were given MR , PPR ETC, CONGRATULATIONS. Ours will come soonest.

dejiword

Oct 28, 2011
hi
guys i am new on the forum, i intend submitting my fsw application, can somebody tell me whether bank draft issue by gtb in nigeria is accepted by cic, pls reply soon, email dejilord@yahoo.com

reddish

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2009
Doc's Request.
27-10-2009
IELTS Request
02-02-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2011
Med's Done....
11-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 -08- 2011
LANDED..........
Nov. 2011
dejiword said:
hi
guys i am new on the forum, i intend submitting my fsw application, can somebody tell me whether bank draft issue by gtb in nigeria is accepted by cic, pls reply soon, email dejilord @ yahoo.com
@ Deji, yes bank draft issued by GTB is acceptable it should be addressed to "The Receiver General for Canada" and in Canadian dollars (CAD$), all the best in your application.

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Egrace: GOD go make you land gbaragada for Obodo Canada, Na better song you go dey sing. The ground go favour you, the people go favour you in the name of Almighty Jesus.

All:

If you are contemplating applying for Canadian immigration, please don't delay. new applications may slow to a trickle in the coming year.

Backloggers,

We may be be seeing some drastic changes in the system in the coming year. House of commons have been running a series of hearings essentially on the backlog. Looks like better days ahead.

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
1/2/12...... submitted 10/2/12
AOR Received.
24/5/10 in process:7/12/11, started processing: 18/4/12
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12
ofonzo said:
Egrace: GOD go make you land gbaragada for Obodo Canada, Na better song you go dey sing. The ground go favour you, the people go favour you in the name of Almighty Jesus.

All:

If you are contemplating applying for Canadian immigration, please don't delay. new applications may slow to a trickle in the coming year.

Backloggers,

We may be be seeing some drastic changes in the system in the coming year. House of commons have been running a series of hearings essentially on the backlog. Looks like better days ahead.
Ameeeeeen ooooooo o, cos can't wait to share landing experience, as well as brighter n better future 4 all of us

moegbenga

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra,Ghana
NOC Code......
2151(Architects)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application resent-Jan 26th 2011
Doc's Request.
All sent including PCC.
AOR Received.
PER received 22nd March 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application(6.5 band score)
Med's Request
30th June 2011.
Med's Done....
12th July 2011.
Interview........
waived, Glory be to Jesus.
Passport Req..
8th September 2011.
VISA ISSUED...
19th September 2011.Glory be to Jesus.
LANDED..........
Soon.
lnd_dan said:
Hello House,
i greet you all.
How far Mogbenga? are u in Canada or still in 9ja?
i pray that the Lord who has granted many of us Visas and safe landing will grant you all expecting soon.
The God that remembered Joseph and made him the prime Minister will remember you all and grant you all your heart desire.
God bless.
@ Nija pikin i hail o!

the system is well arranged that you call a bus here and the time they give for the bus at same time the bus gets here wow! i pray one day our BRT will function like dat. lol :D ;D :D
Dan

Hi Dan,
i have been trying for days now to send message to you.could you please send your phone number to me.thanks.how is the cool breeze of winnipeg.take care.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my people, una good afternoon o its 8:22am here is Montreal..... i thank all PAPA and MAMA dem for this forum without leavind out the bor bors and the mademoiselles... thank u all for the wishes.....

Pre-departure preps.
Nothing much here, other than resignation from work, securing an accommodation in Montreal and deciding which airline to use. the accomodation was a bit challenging.( and u wont believe than accomodation in montreal is one of the cheapeast in d world) i 1st got an furnished apartment at hochellaga for 480 CAD which is about 25mins 4rm Downtown montreal where 855 of jobs are located.... but i lost the apartment cos i was unable to pay... they requested i can only pay via western union and as u knw, we can only receive western union in Nigeria. we cannot send money via same outside nigeria... i pleaded with them to give an acct nos so i can wire but they declined ... but i kept on monitoring until the lease was taken by someone else...
FRANCOMAJ:: He was intrumental to the new apartment i now got.. i discoursed with him and b4 i knew it, he bombaded me with sevral sites. and he even went out of his very busy schedule to get me a good one b4 i could even pick one from the sites... at a very good price of just 360CAD ( with very high speed internent WI-FI, hot water, room heating, laundromart (since there was no washing machine), furnished kitchen, bed, table, chair, etc) all this are included in the 360CAD. uuuh it;s a very nice apartment. this nice man helped out with the deposit for the apartment cos he said the janitor told him some other pple will be comming to check out the apartment. and he helped me tie down the apartment with his money ( thank u bros 8))..am indeed grateful to av benefitted from ur acts of kindness....
AIRLINE: since i planned coming back to Naija next year, i wanted to opt for a return ticket so Airfrance readily came to mind and the cost was 298k.. while a one-way ticket was 340k... BA's price was also in that range but them will take me to UNCLE SAM's Country where i will be required to av a transit visa... so that option was out....but some aw i got to knw Qatar airways and i got one-way ticket for 178k ( unbelievable)...
AIRPORT
check in was to start by 10:30am, i left home by 7am and got to the port abt 10;35... queue was not too long and i got done with the check-in.although with issue. the lady told me that qatar does not ply Montreal route... she then directed me to go to their office at the port.. when i was also told same thing.. uuuh , i told the man that it is actually a new route and that i got the ticket from thier office in VI.. he ckick one or two keys and he smiled yeah u are right... there after i wa scleared and i waved loved ones a good bye after spending some time with them

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
TAKEOFF:
the metallic bird taxied accrss the runway and then stopped saying Emirates will be cleared b4 it..while waiting the cabin crew wree already whetting our appetite with some candies and chocolates.... the bird soon zoomed off and were are in the air.. the plane was very very huge turning was really really something else.. in abt 15monutes were had rice+ vegtable +bread+ u name it... at intervals they kept on coming with more and more until we were fed-up.. it indeed was a mery making as EMO had stated... on getting to the horn of Africa. while crossing the red sea, he pilot said we will av turbulence for 15minutes :eek: :eek:. he now had to climb up high into the clouds with the metallic bird shaking but the hugeness of the craft was really able to conceal the shaking and the merriment continued.. we travelleved 6hours and by 10:30 Qatari time and 8:30 naija time we touched down at DOHA... the hub for Qatar airways.... on seeing the port , i do not even knw what to call MMA1+2, we were bus driven to the waiting lounge while the business class and 1st class persengers were Limousine driven to some luxurious apartment... on arrival at our louges it was so huge with several shopping complexes all still within the airport.. we were provided with a voucher for dinner and a blanket = a reclinable chair for rest... believe u me since i didnt sleep on time i was busy sight seeing when i eventually slept i almost missed my flight thanks to my flight friend ugochukwu who i had entrusted with the task of waking me.... he was going to China to get some equipment.. he is a business man... they gave us brush _ paste etc... i got my brakefast voucher and i rusbhed to get my flight...
this time around the AIrbus was a super jumbo craft... i was thinking whether the thing wasent even too big to fly :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:... as usuall i had choseen a window side seat so i can watch the mechnics of the craft wings... pronto the 13hrs non-stop journey commenced... and again the merriment continued... soon my mess became concentrated :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D. i dare not release more than one of it least the craft tumbles into the ocean... :D :D :D ;D ;D.. i read, read and read until i became RED :D :D :D..
the journey seems to have no end... the trajectory of the craft was a Parabola (a curve like a circle cut into 2halves)... we crossed the caspian sea 2hours on that sea and we spent about 6hours on the atlantic ocean.. before finally escaping to Goose bay in Newfoundland Canada we travellevsd another 3hours and we soon are in the island.... the skyline was very beautiful and i quickly reached out for the camera i had bought in qatar to take some shoots.... oh beautifullllllllll

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Airpot Montreal..
i there were several travellers who just arrived hence the queue was very very long.... after clearing from there, i had to go look fr my luggage... i spent about 2hts here... until the bags finally came down from the motorized wheeler... a sniffer dog sniffed my luggage and next i was at CBSA.... here again there were several new immigrants. so i waited my turn. my visa was cancelled, i was asked if i will leave canada within the next 60days , i said no... and then all docs were rturned to me.. then i was directed to MICC( minitres des immigration et culturel coummunautes de Quebec) there they checked my quebec selection certificate and i was charged to guide it precoiously all my life... was given several brochures to read and important places i must visit the next day.... at abt 6:30pm , i left the airport. we landed at abt 2:30pm... i changed my money to CAD and i went to the car hire spot... gave them the address to my aprtment at mackenzie road... and a camry Muscle carried me... he charged me 35CAD.. ... FRANCOMAJ would av come to pick me but he had a meeting which was very important so he couldnt meet me... but he gave me the address and the landlord nos a day prio to my take-off.
i coundnt even make a call, so i was just praying the landlord will acknowlege me... on pressing the bell, i was suprised when some pple rushed out and shoulted are u Emmanuel ur friend told us abt u... he was here this morning and we all av been expecting u.... oooh thank God... i got my keys.... there also was a big black dog and b4 u knw it i was already sleeping

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
by the time i woke up, it was morning... then i was told Francomaj came around with Pounded Yam for me :( :( :(. but i was fast asleep... they knocled and knocked but i was far away...
I finally saw Oga francomaj the following morning and he sacrificed his whole day for me.: he took me to get my SIn nos, register for medicare insurance, open a bank acct, and to get a phone line all in one day... hs assistance was massive... he ggave me a lecture on aw to use the metro cos all the metro and buses av codes which indicates their route...
he hlped me chose a good line that allows for unlimited incomming calls and unlimited outgoing calls within quebec. no charges for receiving internationa calls, unlimited free text mssges etc for 25CAD monthly charge with the option of 10CAD monthly refund if i pay with credit card. great.... Oga Francomaj really made the whole thing siplified for me... in-between all these he had to rush to attend to some things and me i haste to begin knowing my surrounding, i took of ( ihavent gotten line then so it was difficult for us to locate).. but he finally found me cos me i dindnt see him cos my head was like freezing and my eyes i could hardly open it ;D ;D :D :D :D

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
it was as if holes were drilled in my head.... i had forgotten my head warmer at home..... thanks to oga francomaj wife who came to pick us up later in the evening...
here in mOntreal, i noticed that all cars have just one number plate which is usually at te back. no number plate in front... i told Oga francomaj and he said when he arrived at first he tot that they were all new vehicles bcos no number in front... i think only Quebec does that
2) virtually every one smokes... in the street corner,,, just name it... at a point Francomaj laughed at me when i was smelling my clothe for cigeratte smoke....
3() oh yeah, u will see the mapple tree every where... i have one in front of my apartment... its very very beautiful.... they are just every where.. every house... every open space... beautiful...
3) as a pedestrian, all u need do is to keep looking straightt if u wanna cross... but for me , i still dey look the whole 360 degree b4 crossing.. there are traffic light for pedestrants... there is also one in front of u... but as a naija, me i still dey look well well o :D :D :D :D
4) after a hectic day we went to the bank around 7pm cos they close by 9pm.Oga francomaj and his beautiful wife and handsome son treated me to a poundedyam delicacy with groundnut soup. :p :p :p :p.
uuuh so much to do 2day.credential evaluation , drivers lincence.... thank you all..
4) pple in Montreal are largely Bilingal... if u are good in English, u can never b lost... oga francomaj speaks excellent French so he usually speak on my behalf.......
5) my neighoubrs are excellent french speakers too and they have promised to hlp me inmprove my french skills ( one is from france and the other is chineese)

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
wow... Egrace...

You too much ... powerful story...

wish you Gods favor !

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
E-grace

+1trillion for u. I feel like i dey Montreal already. Abeg make una carry go. Nothing do u!

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
egrace,

Whaoo :p :p :p :p :p am already in the dream.