+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

fatex

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
Plus I'd also appreciate info from all who have gone to accra on hotels around the embassy. transport, money changing et al...I already have a SIM courtesy of madamTinuinternationalofthemosthighGod of Alberta...longest title ;)

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
neddy said:
@ Fatex and James,
I say a big and hearty congratulation as u move on to the next level in ur journey to Canada.

It is well

Fatex and jameslew45 congrats on ur PPR.

@ all
Happy new month

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
fatex said:
Plus I'd also appreciate info from all who have gone to accra on hotels around the embassy. transport, money changing et al...I already have a SIM courtesy of madamTinuinternationalofthemosthighGod of Alberta...longest title ;)
Congrats again bros!!! Thanks for the long titli lol. I changed money at the airport and it was about 210 ghana Ceddi to a 100USD. Just beside Central view hotel is a guest house which is also affordable. I wish you all safe trip

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
fatex said:
Its with Jesus joy I announce to this noble house my PPR came in today. It's been a long journey but worth it. thank you all for your support..esp Ma IG and my Abuja peeps
I also want to know since monday is a public holiday, will they attend to people on tuesday?
One LOve

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
jameslew45 said:
Atlast i got it the lord is good..i got the pr today Glory be to God so many things went wrong during the process but when God say Yes nobody can say No..
I wish to visit the forum meeting when am back to Nigeria by september..am in uk now.

Cheers..

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
tinuadeadebola said:
My People

I arrived Abuja safely and i give God praise for Journey mercies. I feel i owe it to the house to share my experience considering that i also learnt a lot from those who went ahead of me. I went with Arik and we were asked to get yellow fever card before departing please ensure you get the original one from lagos and if you don't be prepared to take the vaccine and or pay 2,000 naira at the Kotoka Airport.

At the airport i quickly removed my MTN Sim and put it on a non blackberry phone and bought a Ghanian Airtel Sim for 5 ceddis and one week internet plus call card for just 10 ceddis about 1000 naira and was thus able to call, browse and ping all with less than a thousand naira. I got a comfortable hotel with the help of our members here on the forum and it was difficult to sleep that night in fact a fellow forumite told me he woke up around 3am lol we were all excited!!!!!!!

Please no need to rush to the embassy oooooohhhhhh, you can get there about 9am, your humble self got there about 8.30am and still met que !!!!!!! please remember to eat breakfast before leaving for the embassy, we were kept there till about 12noon and then asked to go and come back anytime from 2.30pm. I met two other Naija guys who are silent followers of the thread and we started gisting about the forum and Canada in general, not too long Alayo and Tolu came looking for Tinuade and as soon as they ask "Madam please are you Tinu" i jumped up with excitement knowing that these are my people!!!!!!! from then we took the gist to another level and we used the opportunity to tell our fellow Naija's about the forum.

We left there about 12pm and went to IOM office to make enquiries bottom-line, they can only book you upon presentation of your visa and they don't like booking for a long period usually beyond two months because they want people to be sure of their date as they complained that Naijas are fond of changing their tickets severally!!!!!!!

We went back to the Embassy and waited again then came the time we have all been waiting for!!!! one after the other our names were called and we collected the Maple leaf with great joy and excitement. My people we had fun, we eat fried rice not jollof, we chatted and we made friends. The place was full of people about 70 in all and if you remove students you would have between 40 and 50. I stand to be corrected but i feel the number of persons from Naija alone were about 30 or more at this rate i can't say Accra is slow but i can say "applicants are many"

Mandie joined us later at the hotel and we sure had fun and the gist continued. My people i can't fully describe the excitement but i know we will all experience it at one time or the other so be prepared. I met a lot of people and exchanged contacts and i dare say we shall continue our meeting in Canada it began here but definitely would not stop here.

Would keep you updated

@ Olabisi Congrats and others waiting congrats in advance.
Well,i have seen all the pictures of your trip to Accra in White Beautiful Blouse,Hope it will be a souvenir from you to me....hehehe....

A great friend of mine had already informed me of that....hehehehe........

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
spokes said:
@ all intending applicants, the new point system is out :eek:.

Please check this link for relevant info:

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2012-08-18/html/reg2-eng.html

Of utmost importance, spouses of primary applicants will have to take IELTS to be in good standing. Spousal education ability is no longer in reckoning :eek:

Also, tradesmen have their own categories now 8)

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
Right said:
My Dearest Forumites,

Thank you for the well wishes. I know many have really missed me but the truth is I miss you more than you miss me. We are like united Nations, all for one and One for all!
The journey was not smooth at all but if God has destined one for a place, no matter what; you must be there.
Yes, we boarded on Saturday 18th Aug. to montreal via doha but we missed our connecting flight to Montreal and the next flight is on Wednesday; unfortuately, we don't have the transit visa to stay in Doha for more than 24hrs! We have to come back to lagos to reshedule our flight. :-\ :-\ :-\

Lesson one for us all,
Please check your connecting flight to know if they fly to your destination on a daily basis. This was my error as I thought Qatar flies Canada daily.
Lesson two,
Transit free visa will only last 24hrs within the airport (Though I stand to be corrected), As I planned to check-in at any hotel but was refused for lack of transit visa.

We came back to Lagos on Monday to rebook our flight. Guess what, all seats were fully booked. Just like what happened in Doha when I asked to be placed on any other european nations or US. The London olympic and holiday returnees made seats unavailable. The only available seats we got was a bit on the high side and you know that yours sincerely we do the calculation to the nearest kobo! So I gave a tall order to search during the midnight. Alas we got 3 cheapest seats on United Airways for Saturday 25th August (A week after our first aborted journey!) wonderful!!!! while the last seat was N25,000.00 costlier on same plane o! We all have US visas, so no qualms passing through US. But if you must pass US, omo ready for regorous search and please declare all your POF. I did! :eek: :eek: :eek:

LANDING EXPERIENCE
We boarded on 25/08/2012 to Huston Texas at 10.50pm Naija time. Got to US at 5.05am Texas time. Went through the Immigration and Customs (Thank God one of my sons is US citizen) the queue na DIE! So we were allowed to pass through US citizen line. We were sent to the custom room for the declaration of above US$10,000.00.

Went straight to connect our Calgary flight. We wondered for sometime before check-in which actually started at 11am Texas time. We took off to the Holy Land of Calgary at 12.40pm and landed at about 4.00pm Calgary time for a 4hrs 19 mins flight. Note Calgary is 1hr behinde Texas.

AT POE
We were welcomed to Canada and Calgary in particular. Our passport was stamped and visa cancelled since it is for only one leg! We were asked to provide address for PR cards which the man said we come on 6weeks time.
AT CUSTOM POINT
I gave them the declaration form and nobody was even interested in my POF sheewww #hiss# all the houlabaloou that we make on the forum sef! I gave them my list of Goods to follow and was stamped and signed. Meaning any time I decided to bring those listed items, I pay no charges and I included food stuffs, furniture and cars in case I need to ship some items from Naija I heard it is easy and cheap if you got a good exporter. Am negotiating with one now and the price seems reasonable enough. Whats the point using like $5,0000 to equip your house when you got some of the things in Naija which you could ship for say $900.00 to $1,000 (am not Ijebuish but just being PRUDENT!)

FINALLY
I had called Gents2,Moegbenga and theJackson. I will call Seglad, Oloye, BDPA, and iii today. And anyone who I have the fone no.

Calgary is expanding o. The place cold small sha and the roads are bigger than Naija own. So far, am enjoying myself ooooo.

Pa Right has landed gbam gbam GBOSA oooooooooooooooooooo ;D ;D ;D

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
cynmax said:
I thank God for his grace, mercy and protection over me from my day one on earth till today that am adding another fruitful year. May his grace and mercies continue to abound in my life and my family. Anikun owo anikun omo anikun alaafia ati igbega olorun.Amen

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
spicey said:
WHERE IS MUFUATUA OGEDENGBE AT?

These is only one person i know that have this style, and that's Lady Spicey :p :p :p

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Madam Spicey, I see you!!!nice work huh!

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.