+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

EKO4REAL

Feb 8, 2010
ocena,thanks for valuable advice.I hope to do just that .I have visited the link you provided and they are very helpful.
God bless you my brother

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
Hello guys,

I'm about sending my application form under NOC: 0213. However, my job title, IT Manager (with over 4 years experience), is not listed as such but listed as IT Development Manager though my job description tallies with it. Will appreciate if I can be advised on steps to take to avoide rejection.

Barsindo, congrats. I found out you applied under same NOC, kindly advise on step(s) to take to resolve my issue.

Regards to all.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lukeke,

Thanks.

Duties and responsibilities are more important than Job title. If most of your duties and responsibilities tallies with NOC 0213 then go for it.

By the way NOC is 0711.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lukeke,

You might want to check this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-duties-mentioned-for-0213-t32455.0.html

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
Barsindoo,

Million thanks for your response(s) and the link.

I've confirmed that my duties and responsibilities tallies with NOC 0213. Will submit form next week.

Wish you all the best.

Lukeke.

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Tessi said:
Thanks Oceana/Igbehinadara... I found a bank draft thru a friend in the UK for 40 pounds flat fee + 7% rate (hope that's not too much)?

Does anyone knows where fingerprinting is done in Nigeria? Any government agency, offices, locations and fees associated with it? Kindly let me know.

Thanks~
Tessi: I would advise you just look at the end goal, there isn't that much else you can do about getting the drafts, it appears to be on the high side but try to overlook that. Other posters have pointed you in the right direction on the fingerprinting stuff. Pls haggle when you get there, and the price someone quoted above seems about average. Some have paid far higher than that, i think it all depends on your bargaining power and how you relate with them.

Best of luck

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
kulikuli said:
Hello Guys,

Can somebody advise me on how to pay the Landing Fees in Accra. Got medicals and RPPF requests to be submitted within 60 days yesterday. I have contacted Yaba for the medicals but do not know how to go about the fees: Should it be in bank draft? Who should it be address to, if yes? In what currency? Or can we pay local currency equivalent in Accra? My questions are many but I trust the house to provide reliable guides. Thank you and God bless.

Kuli
Congrats! You have a few options in paying the RPRF.
1. Bank draft denominated in CAD$ 490 payable to "The Receiver general for canada"
2. Bank draft denominated in US$ 455 payable to "The Receiver general for canada"
3. Bank draft denominated in cedis 645 payable to "The Canadian high commission"

Only principal applicants and spouses/common law partners pay RPRF. Children do not have to pay. If you are looking at paying in either cedis or US$, pls consult CiC Accra site to get prevailing equivalencies in those currencies. The amounts i have quoted above was what obtained as at November when my coz received his RPRF request, and it is per adult head. I wouldnn't know if the rates have been updated afterwards. Some who have since received RPRF since then may throw more light on this for you.The current equivalencies will come along with your RPRF and medical request documents in the post so you will be fine.

Congrats again, and thanks for the compliments.

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
barsindoo said:
Moi brodas and sistas I give glory to The Most High. I got medical and RPPF via postal mail this morning. Praise God.

Wishing you all good speed in Jesus Name.
Congratulations. You are well on track to match/break the record for the shortest time in Accra. Please help confirm if the currency equivalencies for november(as above) is still what obtains in your RPRF request, or post the current ones reflected in your RPRF request if you don't mind, i don't have the current one.

I'm happy for you.
Cheers

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oceana,

Thank you. It is the Lord's doing...

for the landing fees please check this link: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Too many folks to congratulate! Barsindoooooo!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you and the rest of the gang. Let's know where the party is at.

All the best!

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
barsindoo said:
Moi brodas and sistas I give glory to The Most High. I got medical and RPPF via postal mail this morning. Praise God.

Wishing you all good speed in Jesus Name.
Pally we thank God for you.Iam in the process lof full submission to Accra.I see that your case is very fast.Pls let us know if you submitted any other docs apart from what was stated on the accra requirement list-like pay slip or whatever.Pls share.
Ben

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bennyameh said:
Pally we thank God for you.Iam in the process lof full submission to Accra.I see that your case is very fast.Pls let us know if you submitted any other docs apart from what was stated on the accra requirement list-like pay slip or whatever.Pls share.
Ben
Oga tito I throw way salute o. Hope all is well for your side?

Benny I submitted all documents required and in a sequential manner. In all, the Grace of God is more important.

Peace. Best of speed for you and all. Amen.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
barsindoo said:
Oga tito I throw way salute o. Hope all is well for your side?

Benny I submitted all documents required and in a sequential manner. In all, the Grace of God is more important.

Peace. Best of speed for you and all. Amen.
Pally many for the quick reply.
Pls I have another question for you.
I submitted an IELTS result with docs to CIO,as at the time i submitted,the result wa still valid,but now it is more than 12 months.
Action--Do i take it that the application has been locked at CIO and send that result or do i have to re-sit the exams.
Thanks
Benny

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omo you will need to do another test o. If you don't it might delay your case when they request for it.

You can book quickly at the British Council.

Regards

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
bennyameh said:
Pally many for the quick reply.
Pls I have another question for you.
I submitted an IELTS result with docs to CIO,as at the time i submitted,the result wa still valid,but now it is more than 12 months.
Action--Do i take it that the application has been locked at CIO and send that result or do i have to re-sit the exams.
Thanks
Benny
I would go with barsindoo on this.
Technically, the "lock-in date" is the date the app was received and entered in CAIPS at CIO, whilst "processing-date" is the date the visa office begins the processing ie once it has been determined that the application is eligible for processing. The guides only say that ielts must not be older than 1year as at time of application - if i were in your shoes, i would rebook another test asap to avoid any delays just in case CiC request for a fresh ielts test. I can see the line of your thinking as per the "lock-in date", but i've seen in some instances that there is a wide gulf between theory and practice when it comes to CiC.