+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Ikemba said:
IOM OFFICE ADDRESS

No 8, Alhaji Kannike Street,
Off Awolowo Way
lkoyi, Lagos
Nigeria,
West Africa
IOM phone number or not, you must be there live and direct to enjoy the "koko" Of course you can call them on phone but they won't even do anything with you on phone. Wherever you are, you must land their office either in Abuja, Lagos or Accra GBAM!
It was Pa Right that posted this address so you may wish to send him a pm and ask him if he has their no. If you are in Lagos, them fell free and go to their office at Ikoyi. Once you have your Immigrant Visa, you will SURE get a discounted fare from IOM. GBAM!!!!!!! 8) :D

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Ikemba said:
Does this mean the much awaited MR window has finally opened? ??? :eek: :-X

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/a-master-thread-of-some-of-my-posts-here-t40175.5940.htm
The MR window for MI 2/3 has been opened a long time for applicants in other VOs. But our own Accra will start issuing it very soon. We could all be in for a surprise from next week.
*Mandie*

Iwin2

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Request
26th July,2012
Med's Done....
2nd August,2012
Passport Req..
6th Nov, 2012
Dear Wise Men and Women,
Will my son do medicals now or latter even if he is not travelling with me to Canada until after 4yrs. Considering the fact that medical result is valid for only 1 yr and he does not need visa until 4 yrs time.

nolzi

Jul 21, 2012
Thank you all for the many well wishes, and many thanks to all our elders here for their great advice. Above all, we give all glory to God, our Jehovah too much, who has made this record shattering PPR rain possible.

Once again, many congratulations to the over 20 pple who have received PPR this week. And congratulations in advance to mandie and co for their MR in advance. I can see everything turning around, turning around, turning around for your good.

keep on keeping on. we shall all celebrate in the next few weeks with u all

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Iwin2 said:
Dear Wise Men and Women,
Will my son do medicals now or latter even if he is not travelling with me to Canada until after 4yrs. Considering the fact that medical result is valid for only 1 yr and he does not need visa until 4 yrs time.
Your son MUST do medicals now for visa to be issued. And he won't get visa until meds is done. And he must land befor the visa expires. If you the principal applicant lands and your son's visa expires while he is still outside Canada, you will have to sponsor him, another long process.

Your best bet will be to let your son do meds, get your visas, all land together, bring your son back and then take it from there.
It is essential he does the medical otherwise visa will not be issued. And he must land before visa expires.
All the best!
*Mandie*

Iwin2

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Request
26th July,2012
Med's Done....
2nd August,2012
Passport Req..
6th Nov, 2012
TJ2010 said:
my timelines are
first submission to Nova scotia - january 2010
Document request - june 2010
submission to Accra - august 2011
Medical request - may 2012
PPR - 18 July, 2012

Thanks for the advice.

I am a medical doctor. And I am doing a postgraduate training, the certificate of which will not be recognized but the skills and experience will put me ahead of other foreign doctor inorder to get a scarce and compititive position for undergoing the same training all over again. I feel the Canadians wants our skills rather than our certificate. Its pretty tough for foreign trained doctors over there but my purpose of going their is because of my children. So that they won't go through an education system that is not recognized and later be faced with what I am facing now.

I don't know if there is a landed doctor on the thread that can advice. I am really confused and I need assistance.

I also want to ask for information on how to get assistance from IOM for travel support. I know this has been dealt with before. But i could not get to them through the number someone gave. May be I have to add a code. I don't mind if we can discuss this all over again since many will land very soon. Please let share information on IOM assistance with travelling expensis.
I read ur post about resideccy programme and just wish to tell u what i know about the value when u cross the shore of Nigeria.No matter how well skilled u may be as a consultant u will be made to go through some exams after evaluating ur certificate.Nigeria certificate can not make u work as a consultant in Canada.So,it is also in other health professions.For your children, u are taking a good step but I will suggest that u go and land as a principal applicant and come back to face ur residency which I know it is not a child"play.The rest can land latter b4 the expiration of ur landing deadline.Depending on u and wife,she and ur children can settle in Canada while u vist once in a while or all of u come back to Nigeria after landing and getting ur PR card.U need to becareful not to stay outside Canada for a cummulative period of more than 3 yrs within the 5yrs of ur PR permit bcs u need 2 yrs in Canada(cumulatively) to have a renewal of ur PRP.U can pursue ur citizenship in the second 5 yrs. Wishing u all the best as u organise ur life.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hello Naija,

Congrats to all PPR recipients.In the light of all the good blessing showered on us by Accra ,I want to appreciate God in a special way for his love and faithfulness and answering our prayer requests.Our prayer is that God in his infinite mercies will use them to work for our good ,and the only way is through prayers therefore come AUGUST 18TH @ BARCELOS BY 2pm we shall be raising our voice together once again to God so that our files can defile all protocols once again.Secondly,all our PPR recipient should get ready to celebrate so it is a mixture of PRAYERS + SOCIAL.We want to thank the Lord for this forum and all that he been doing for us.Our voice is going to be raised concerning the remaining M1,pre 2008 , M2 & 3 ,MPNP,PNP ! QUEBEC and lastly LANDED NAIJA's.

Pls note: IT IS COMPULSORY FOR ALL RECIPIENTS TO ATTEND IRRESPECTIVE OF YOUR LOCATION.Pls lock in the dates on your calendar.Let me know if you will be attending either by PM OR 08064788099.

Thanks

Your humble and loyal servant

Ig

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
@Mandie
Pls i'm in Accra already. Staying with a friend in Achimota area. Pls i think i'm going to need ur hlp for something. Kindly PM ur number and i'll give u a call. hanks in advance.

@Tj2010
iii is a landed doctor. Pls send him a PM. I'm sure he will be of help. In my own opinion, any other academic pursuit should be in Canada.

@smallie and others
Thank you all for your concern, love and kindness towards me.

@ goldenapple and Pa right
Thanks for your assistance. I greatly appreciate.

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
Orire said:
Dear Forum members,
I need your advice to lower my blood pressure o. I got my ppr on July 19, 2012; 3months, 8days after we went through medicals.
My wife is presently more than 36 week pregnant and I understand she will not be allowed aboard aircraft.

What do I do for me not to miss this opportunity? Appreciations for your expert advice

Hello Orire,

Your situation seems a bit complicated and that's the truth. In the current circumstances, it would seem your best bet is to find an airline that is ready to airlift you and your wife. I have thought about it based on available information and at the end of the day it still seems flying is the best option BUT it comes with its attendant high risks...so pray, be led and take immediate action as you don't have luxury of time again. Some school of thought feel your visa collection can be delayed by talking to AVO but I am not sure how this will pan out - if this is workable then fine otherwise be careful because of your NOC - 0213.

Anyway, I further consulted PMM on your behalf yesterday and below is his feedback.
========================

1. If his wife can't "land" then the child will be born abroad, and will have to be sponsored and as the child would be born before the wife, "landed" the visa would be no longer valid.
2. He can try returning his and his wife's visa with an explanation, but I wouldn't hold out much hope that they will wait until the child is born, then amend the application and have new medicals for everyone.
3. Or he can "land" on his own before the child is born. Then once the child is born, he could submit a sponsorship from Canada for his wife and child. Expensive and time consuming and he would have to remain in Canada while the application is processed. But he and his wife showed their lack of planning and will now pay for it.
========================

I sincerely wish you all the best and pray for wisdom for you to take the best decision and strength to carry on.

Cheers!

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
TJ2010 said:
my timelines are
first submission to Nova scotia - january 2010
Document request - june 2010
submission to Accra - august 2011
Medical request - may 2012
PPR - 18 July, 2012

Thanks for the advice.

I am a medical doctor. And I am doing a postgraduate training, the certificate of which will not be recognized but the skills and experience will put me ahead of other foreign doctor inorder to get a scarce and compititive position for undergoing the same training all over again. I feel the Canadians wants our skills rather than our certificate. Its pretty tough for foreign trained doctors over there but my purpose of going their is because of my children. So that they won't go through an education system that is not recognized and later be faced with what I am facing now.

I don't know if there is a landed doctor on the thread that can advice. I am really confused and I need assistance.

I also want to ask for information on how to get assistance from IOM for travel support. I know this has been dealt with before. But i could not get to them through the number someone gave. May be I have to add a code. I don't mind if we can discuss this all over again since many will land very soon. Please let share information on IOM assistance with travelling expensis.
@TJ2010. Please pm your skype id to me. I want to link you up with a Nigerian doctor friend currently in Calgary. He practiced here in Nigeria then secured practice permit in Namibia hence worked there for some years before relocating to Canada as a PR. Based on my interactions with him before now, your points for wanting to stay back do not seem valid and would almost be a waste of time. BUT you will do well to discuss with him for practical guidance.

I'll expect your skype id and real name in your PM. Thanks.

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
Iwin2 said:
Dear Wise Men and Women,
Iwin2,

Your son will have to do medicals whether he is accompanying you (i.e traveling with you) or not. As per visa issuance, in my opinion, if in your initial application to Accra you had mentioned that he is not travelling with you he will not be given visa now But You then have to sponsor him later if you then want him to join you in Canada.

You may also read the mail from VO to someone's query on this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/confusion-after-receiving-visa-about-addition-of-new-born-baby-t101436.0.html

I feel partly the VO's response answers your concern.

Best wishes.

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
@ALL
My pple this yellow card thing is a serious thing o. Pple who are coming to Accra today must endeavour to carry it with them, not just to carry blank or incorrectly filled card. If you you dont have and you just picking it from MMIA, then allow a knowledgable person there to complete it for you with dates that will not implicate you. We were told yestday that they have just started proper procures to ensure compliance 2days ago. Pple were forced to take injs in my presence yday for 2k each.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Thanks Tolu for the information regarding yellow card,all tracing to Accra please take note and do the needful.

Congrat and stay safe.

Ig

cynmax

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-10
Toluwanile said:
@ Pa Right,goldenapple,Tokzeee and others
Pls i have questions in filling the new form:
what's the meaning of "UCI" on the new form?
Shld i answer "No" to the Quebec certificate selection on leave it blank?
UCI means Universal Client Identification you leave the space blank or put ur file number there. Leave it the system will automatically blank it.