+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
seglad said:
There is no place like Egypt oooo (Egypt means black land) Did Israelites ever regret to have left the land of Egypt? YES! They complained bitterly to Moses when they were challenged with various types of hardship and sufferness. Though, Canada may be a promise land for us all but most landed immigrants are complaining about the level of hardship in the new beginining,unknown future and a new level of chapter in our lifes. Most of these complains were left back in Egypt, as we landed in Canada we pick them back again, struggle and live with it. We pray to God to deliver us from the land of Egypt to a promise land; Sometimes, it may not occur to us that, that Egypt might even be our promise land.

People in the likes of Pa Right, Ma Tinuadebola, and many folks will look into a promise land with a google eye before they will make any attempt to cross the Reeds of the sea. If you have a promise job and future in Egypt, dont leave for a promise land which is full of unknown and fear of uncertainty straight away, try and plan your moves in a systematical order.
Pa Seglad,

Thoroughly compelling write up!!!
Deeply metaphorical;
I guess it's left for us all to draw wisdom from such wonderful philosophy!!!!

Melody2003

Jul 2, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10- 2011
Doc's Request.
12-04-2012. Additional Doc Req-5/11/13
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
seglad said:
There is no place like Egypt oooo (Egypt means black land) Did Israelites ever regret to have left the land of Egypt? YES! They complained bitterly to Moses when they were challenged with various types of hardship and sufferness. Though, Canada may be a promise land for us all but most landed immigrants are complaining about the level of hardship in the new beginining,unknown future and a new level of chapter in our lifes. Most of these complains were left back in Egypt, as we landed in Canada we pick them back again, struggle and live with it. We pray to God to deliver us from the land of Egypt to a promise land; Sometimes, it may not occur to us that, that Egypt might even be our promise land.

People in the likes of Pa Right, Ma Tinuadebola, and many folks will look into a promise land with a google eye before they will make any attempt to cross the Reeds of the sea. If you have a promise job and future in Egypt, dont leave for a promise land which is full of unknown and fear of uncertainty straight away, try and plan your moves in a systematical order.

If you are one who has perseverance and determination, You may (Immediately) leave your Egypt which is full certianty for a promise land that is full of unknown but plan well. In the end (both) the google eyes and those of minds of preseverance will eventaully become winners through being pro-active, bravery and belief in ones self-esteem. Remember, there is no crown without a cross, so lets be well prepared. There is no place like home no matter what is going on there or you experience, problem is free of no master, it affects both the weak and the strong in variuos ways.

History recorded that those who left Egypt for a promise land never drink from the wine of the land, only their offsprings enjoy the fruits of the land. Canada is not exculded folks. All you need is perseverance to make life continue here.

My Egypt! My mother land! my home! home sweet home! Will always come back home
Hmmmm, leaving the certain for the uncertain sure requires a whole lots more. I guess the situation of our great country is what is making most immigrant overlook that aspect. I once read a reply from another forum that it is a likely question during interview(should you be called for one)" can you tell me the reason why you want to leave your paid employment for canada where getting employed might be a mirage?.... Anybody ever thought of how to answer that question if asked?

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Melody2003 said:
Hmmmm, leaving the certain for the uncertain sure requires a whole lots more. I guess the situation of our great country is what is making most immigrant overlook that aspect. I once read a reply from another forum that it is a likely question during interview(should you be called for one)" can you tell me the reason why you want to leave your paid employment for canada where getting employed might be a mirage?.... Anybody ever thought of how to answer that question if asked?
If such question arises during interview: Just tell the interviewer that you are aware of how difficult to get a job in canada and that you are comfortable with the decission to move into canada and besides, you like and welcome new challenges. You are sure you will prety settle well in canada

jedidiah

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Nice write-up Pa Seglad, but I couldn't disagree with you more. We can choose not to be part of the generation that leave Eygpt only to perish in d wilderness. For me I will forget Egypt and move on, for the sake of my future and my future generations. It's a matter of choice.

Your love for egypt is recognized, but speak for yourself. I'm not going back to where God liberates me from...

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
One has to decide his/her reasons for immigration. But i must say that black people everywhere have some longing for Africa. Read the history of Canada and the role that black people played in the war with America. Blacks played a big role and where offered land in Nova Scotia. They complained of the land being poor and longed for their motherland "Egypt". They were returned to Africa and became the pioneers of Sierra Leone and Liberia. The white folks stayed and were able to subdue the land as GOD has instructed. Now Black people want to go back. Isn't that ironic.

Don't put your hand to the plough and turn back. Stay and make your way through the challenges. Earn your way to the table and a stake at the Canadian dream. See Rathika Sitsabiesan, who came to Canada as a young refugee from Sri Lanka, she is now an MP. Look at the Mayor of Calgary, Naheed Nenshi, of Indian Ancestry, 2nd generation immigrant. (BTW, his Chief of staff is Nigerian). So it is a tough world but we must be prepared to get going and to earn our own place and the places of our children.

On the side, only 127 pre-2008 PR applicants have reached final decision. 14,000+ have made a selection decision. Use the link below.
http://www.data.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&formid=B6F7C54E-EF4B-4EC1-8DDE-7315E97D18EB&xml=F36C86A9-85F5-454E-835A-5C534A9E942E&resource=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cic.gc.ca%2Fopendata-donneesouvertes%2Fdata%2F000023-eng.xls&formid=B6F7C54E-EF4B-4EC1-8DDE-7315E97D18EB

Beenilly

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 june 2010
Doc's Request.
27 oct 2010
Med's Request
19 March 2012
Med's Done....
4 April 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30th July 2012
LANDED..........
14 August 2012
jedidiah said:
Your love for egypt is recognized, but speak for yourself. I'm not going back to where God liberates me from...
I share your sentiments my dear. Home is where you make it to be!

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jedidiah said:
Nice write-up Pa Seglad, but I couldn't disagree with you more. We can choose not to be part of the generation that leave Eygpt only to perish in d wilderness. For me I will forget Egypt and move on, for the sake of my future and my future generations. It's a matter of choice.

Those who hate Egypt hate himself. Egypt is our image, there is no way you can run away from your image. I bet you that when you come to Canada, the system, people, job hunting, housing, and food will always remind you of your Egypt. If you plan well you can nver perish in the wilderness but if care is not taking one will be more than perishing. Never take my write-up personal or as a curse is just words for the wise and to be well informed about the unknown that is awaiting everyone.

You may have forgotten that the people of Isrealites who exodus from Egypt were once considered Egypt as a promised land, You remember the story of Joseph how he moved with his family to Egypt. Was it not a promise land for them at that present time, they were enslaved in the land until God liberated them from the hand of Pharaoh, yet they still consider themselves as Egyptian(black, Nubian or Dark people) They never run away from their image.

If no going back is your choice then, when you land you will see what i mean.

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ All, my write-up is just to awake you to become aware of the uncertainty that await everyone in Canada. Like i have said ealier, the uncertainty can be minimized depends on who well you prepared. There are for sure uncertainty(Taking a risk to leave Egypt) to a promise land takes perseverance to overcome them with time.

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
spokes said:
Pa(Prof)(etc)Right :eek: :eek: :eek:,
You don dey follow GrandPa MUFU dey call am Oma Gabil? :-X
I been think say you and MUFU no be pally na ??? ???

Oma Gabil, I dey hail o :D :D :D

Btw, where is Ikemba nke ibuo? ??? ???
I still de look :p :p :p

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Need I write more! The word of elder is always wisdom. Thank you Pa Seglad for that wonderful true and real life comments. We appreciate.

This is the first time our Rt. Hon. Pa Seglad will talk “the talk” ever since momo Tinu, Ig and myself been troubling him to give us a full account of what is obtainable over there, He always assured us that “Nothing dey happen” up till now, he has not come out straight yet he has finalized the talk. May the wisdom never run dry! Ori ko nig be o! Agba O nitan l’orile.

What a small pikin would see while sitting on Iroko tree is what an elder sees while on a sofa in the bedroom GBAM. Those who have ears let them hear Gbam o!

The head of elephant is not the load of a small child!

Where is Pa Mugu cum Naija Pikin?

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right said:
Need I write more! The word of elder is always wisdom. Thank you Pa Seglad for that wonderful true and real life comments. We appreciate.

This is the first time our Rt. Hon. Pa Seglad will talk “the talk” ever since momo Tinu, Ig and myself been troubling him to give us a full account of what is obtainable over there, He always assured us that “Nothing dey happen” up till now, he has not come out straight yet he has finalized the talk. May the wisdom never run dry! Ori ko nig be o! Agba O nitan l'orile.

What a small pikin would see while sitting on Iroko tree is what an elder sees while on a sofa in the bedroom GBAM. Those who have ears let them hear Gbam o!

The head of elephant is not the load of a small child!

Where is Pa Mugu cum Naija Pikin?
Thanks Pa Right. Where is Niaja Pikin/Pa Mufu, please give my people on your observation comparable to the land of Egypt while you are here in promise landand what advise you will have for my people . We hope to read from you in no time, please.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
jedidiah said:

Please oh my sister/brother lets not forget Naija when we land oooooo too many ties to the land, parents, siblings, friends and lager family. Truth is with all sense of humility if one has been opportuned to live Abroad (i don't mean visit) then you would understand that no matter how rosy the place is there would always be times you will miss home!!!!!!! haven said that asking Seglad to speak for himself is not totally fair as we have been asking our landed seniors to share information so lets just take the one we need and discard any info we don't need so we can encourage them to share more.

Cheers
Tinu

momohj25

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
Med's Request
31-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-08-2012
Passport Req..
25-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
LANDED..........
tinuadeadebola said:
Please oh my sister/brother lets not forget Naija when we land oooooo too many ties to the land, parents, siblings, friends and lager family. Truth is with all sense of humility if one has been opportuned to live Abroad (i don't mean visit) then you would understand that no matter how rosy the place is there would always be times you will miss home!!!!!!! haven said that asking Seglad to speak for himself is not totally fair as we have been asking our landed seniors to share information so lets just take the one we need and discard any info we don't need so we can encourage them to share more.

Cheers
Tinu
It is not about missing home alone! the truth is, its when you live in another country that you start appreciating Naija!!!!!

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
@Pa Seglad thanks for sharing and thanks for the many times you have shared with us individually and as a group during our meetings and we appreciate. We also appreciate your consistent presence on this thread in spite of your tight schedule i personally do not take it for granted.

I know you have never for once discouraged me on this project if anything you have even encouraged me to land as soon as possible and have gone ahead to give advise here and there, the many hours of discussion on Skype is most appreciated and i would give a full vote of thanks when the PPR comes!!!!!!!

@all We must be open to frank discussions and all sides of Canada truth is i have been privileged to have lengthy discussions with at least 4 landed seniors and they all say the same thing it is not a bed of roses but the opportunities are endless so we have hopes. We must also not think once we get there all our problems in life are solved immediately i tell you we have to fight our way up there and trusting the Naija fighting spirit in us we will surely excel.

For us the womenfolk, the thought of even running your home without cheap nannies and maids that we are used to here will first of all shock us, when we hear the price to fix just a straight weave on we would consider cutting our hair your humble self is now learning how to make hair all for the Canada project what can i do? God blessed me with 3 adorable daughters so i need to learn hair dressing along with my accounting skills!!!!

In all we would survive and we would succeed all we need is adequate information, preparation, positive mindset spirit of perseverance and grace of God. Canada we are coming in style!!!