+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
@ least phone dey am
Lol

FJ6

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-10
LANDED..........
28th Nov. 2012
spokes said:
Oh my gosh :eek:, I was going to laugh if this was not a thought provoking question!
Your score of 1st language or second language actually depends on the individual and not on his/her country of nationality or residence. In the forms, they ask specifically for which you fall into: English or French and the scores are based on evidence(which, my friend comes in the form of your IELTS general test scores or the equivalent in french).
Did this help?
Thanks alot for your inputs.
@ spokes
i thought the FSW said provide proof of language proficiency- meaning that you can provide but English and French if you think you are proficient in both to get 24 points.
please seniors add input to this topics :-\thanks all
fj6. FSW1 noc- 3112

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
FJ6 said:
Thanks alot for your inputs.
@ spokes
i thought the FSW said provide proof of language proficiency- meaning that you can provide but English and French if you think you are proficient in both to get 24 points.
please seniors add input to this topics :-\thanks all
fj6. FSW1 noc- 3112
That is right my friend, if proficient in both, u can send certificate for both languages. By official language, they mean the official language in Canada, not our country. Some of us are only proficient in only one Canadian official language, English. Thus the popularity and reference to IELTS on this thread. By all means take the test for both, if u can to get more points. It is only the test certificates you can use to get points.

'Skilled workers and professionals: Who can apply—Selection factors

Proficiency in English or French
(Maximum 24 points)

Being able to communicate and work in one or both of Canada's official languages is very important. Knowing English, French or both helps you in the Canadian job market.

Your proficiency in English or French is one of the six selection factors for skilled workers. You will be awarded up to 24 points for your basic, moderate or high proficiency in English and French. You will be given points based on your ability to:
•listen
•speak
•read and
•write

Mandie

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
mandiebraxton said:
It depends on which language u can speak fluently. Even though Nigeria is Anglophone (official langauge being English), there are some people who can speak French fluently (like Egrace of QSW) thus will take the French test instead of English. So it is up to the individual to decide. Hope you get my point?
Mandie
Egrace or many others in the QSW category may not necessarily speak french fluently but may be able to muster good score in the exam to satisfy the requirement that Accra is looking for.
The language is basically assessed against the first official language you indicated in the form. One of the purposes of schedule 3 form is to extract from the applicants the language history and proficiency.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
EMO said:
Egrace or many others in the QSW category may not necessarily speak french fluently but may be able to muster good score in the exam to satisfy the requirement that Accra is looking for.
The language is basically assessed against the first official language you indicated in the form. One of the purposes of schedule 3 form is to extract from the applicants the language history and proficiency.
Exactly my point...she must have some proficiency in French, thus the Quebec route. So our dear can also indicate French as first official language if he can pass the French test.
Mandie

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
mandiebraxton said:
Exactly my point...she must have some proficiency in French, thus the Quebec route. So our dear can also indicate French as first official language if he can pass the French test. (GBAM)
Mandie

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
This also may help it's lifted from EG7
Factors that facilitate processing
There are certain things you can do to help ensure that your application is processed as promptly as possible by the office:
 make sure that all the documentation and information requested is provided at the time your application is made (submitted to the visa office).
 make sure that you notify the visa office promptly of any and all changes to your mailing address, family situation, or any other information that is important to your application, such as additional education or work experience.
 refrain from making unnecessary inquiries to the visa office regarding the status of your case.
Factors that may delay processing

The following factors may delay the processing of your application:
 unclear photocopies of documents
 documents not accompanied by a certified English or French translation
 information and documents provided required independent verification
 a medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations
 a criminal or security problem
 family situations such as impending divorce, or custody or maintenance issues, or completion of a legal adoption
 consultation is required with other offices in Canada and abroad

FJ6

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-10
LANDED..........
28th Nov. 2012
Appreciate you all
i neva knew a naija forum could be this interactive
fj6 :-*

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
mandiebraxton said:
You should also add this to the first 3 points:
• Excessively going to 'canadavisa.com' :p ;D
Mandie
That line refers to Mandie. U see now mandie. Stop those mails of yours till the MR comes. You log on to canadavisa 24/7 for the same

Temi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/02/2012
AOR Received.
21/03/2012
Med's Request
30/01/2014
Med's Done....
7/02/2014
Interview........
13th May 2014
Passport Req..
13th May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
13th May 2014
I am very grateful for your responses. Yes my NOC is 3142 .I guess I can still make it IJN. I actually used my friend's CC who got his money encashed with this same card in Jan. I am believing God for early encashment. I hope It shall be fine this time.

jelili

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
Doc's Request.
No
Med's Request
09-03-2012
Med's Done....
13-03-2011
Mandie if I can get you right,are saying your address is still missing up till now,what is the sign of this.

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
Mine too is still missing since 27th jan and no news from vo till now

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
jelili said:
Mandie if I can get you right,are saying your address is still missing up till now,what is the sign of this.
Exactly 5 weeks today addressed disappeared and still has not reappeared. I remember address disappeared massively in August last year and reappeared on Sep 22. Somme people had updates but some of us never had any updates. We are hopeful this one leads to MR.
Mandie