+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
seglad said:
@ all, I found this post on the trend written by explorer and immediately copy and paste for your information

MISTAKES NEW IMMIGRANTS MAY AVOID AND SOME SUGGESTIONS:-
This is a great resource, seglad.
New immigrant survival 101 at its best.
Thanks as always :)

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
seglad said:
@ all, I found this post on the trend written by explorer and immediately copy and paste for your information

MISTAKES NEW IMMIGRANTS MAY AVOID AND SOME SUGGESTIONS:-

Housing:
1. Try not to get any residential accommodation on long term basis. This can hamper your job search. Remain on month to month rent. Advance should not be more than one month rent.
2. Try to pay rent by cheque or take receipt of the payment as you may get good tax refund in the 1st year.
3. Do not overspend on housing till you have stable job. Sharing accommodation, basement apartment saves $$$.
4. Do not buy a property on the rosy picture shown by realtor (price increase assurance, rental income etc).
5. Never sign a document of retention (agreement) produced by a realtor for rental as well buying property.

CAR :
1. Bring your old driving licence along with the verification letter ( on letter head of issuing authority)
2. Get your driving licence as soon as possible, even when you have no plan to buy car in coming 2-3 years. As your DL will become old, after few years you would get low insurance quotes, will save $$$.
3. If one can afford, one should buy car as soon as possible. If looking to buy a used car try to buy a car which is in better running condition as the maintenance of vehicle is very very expensive. Normally old cars above $ 6-7000 are ok, any car having run not more than 125000 kms is good.
4. One has to pay tax upto 10 % on even the second hand cars, so it adds up to the cost. Insurance is also paid for 2 months at the beginning.
5. While getting a car insurance tell that you will be just using it for shopping and family entertainment, no regular commuting to workplace, it will decrease ur premium, Ins Co will say you can drive upto 12000km in a year.
6. If possible buy a car that saves gas, in winter your car may give a mileage of 3-4 kms in a lit of gas. One is not allowed to go over 120 ( officially 100 ), 4 cylinder is good. Mini van is handy in carrying large stuff, longdrive, big family.

JOB : ( initial preparation, resume, applying , interview )
1. While in the process of getting immigration start looking for requirements in your own profession, search the job sites, look for the job duties and focus on the duties you have been performing. As Canadian employers look for specialized employees narrow down to a particular job category.
2. Also look for up gradation programe, OSAP is available for new immigrants landing in Ontario and similar program would be available in other provinces also. Under OSAP not only college fee is paid but books expense, home expense is also given.
3. In case of not able to see the job in your own specific category look for a alternate job.
4. Upgrading your communication skills would always help. Start rolling your tongue as Canadians do. Visa waiting time is the best time to do it.
5. Go through the job interview questions and make up the answers. This is valuable time and by doing these steps while in the process of application would help later on. Search the net for the potential job interview questions.
6. Co Op program may help, so one can go for it.

NETWORKING :-
1. Networking always helps in getting any kind of job is Canada. Stay connected with friends, relatives, known and unknowns.

BANKING PRODUCTS :
1. Get a Credit card as soon as possible, if unable to get unsecured, get secured. Always pay before the due date. Credit limit of CC does not mean anything for the credit score.
2. Do not get credit card ( store cards or any other CC ) unless you really need it. Each time your credit report is pulled and it affects the score by about 30 points. You may come across agents, billing clerks offering or insisting CC to save money, my recommendation always say “NO”. Credit product is a debit history and should be avoided. Increasing limit of CC also means pulling fresh credit report, so be cautious about it. Pre approved increase of limit by FI is ok.
3. Do not invest money in Mutual Funds, RRSP and RESP on just the asking of sales person, go through the benefits first which you will get, till that time say NO. Till you are well settled I will suggest do not invest. One may have to pay 10-21 % charges on withdrawing money from RRSP.
4. In Canada you may come across salesman who will befriend you just to sell their products and after selling it, you would never see them again. Beware of these people.
5. Cheques are very expensive in Canada, one may end up paying $ 30-45 for 50-100 cheques. New immigrants may have to move, so do not print your address and phone number on the cheques.

@seglad, thanks a lot for the info.very very helpful.my greetings to family.cheers

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Zajeb where is the message now?

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
EMO said:
Zajeb where is the message now?

@EMO

how re u and d family.
please dont mind my phone, i am using my phone to browse at d moment and d yeye thing dey behave funny. But d message i posted is there just read it to d end.
Cheers

mfoniso

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
abj
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Quebec selected SW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2011
Doc's Request.
additional info requested: 29/11/2011
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
in process as at May 01, 2012......MR coming soon
Lagos people, your camaraderie is infectious - keep it up. I am sure the meetings you hold serve as a moral booster for a lot of people in that axis. Keep it up. I thought Abuja people would be open to a similar initiative but we all dey form big man and big woman here. Too busy, i guess. Sha, I have checked my status like a million times and its still showing 'application received'. Na wa oh. All i know now is that I am waiting for MR, infact PPR whether Accra likes it or yes. I wish your meeting goes smoothly in Lagos and if I am in the area on that day - i guess i could stop by? I would like to meet all those people that are always cracking me up on this forum. I am sure you will have a lot of fun. A bientot!

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
22/08/2011(Credit Card Refused)
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
EMO said:
For the Naija's in the house.

Could this be true?

http://naijagists.com/shocking-confessions-from-a-former-boko-haram-member-sheikh-sani-haliru/
Plz let some1 stop dis kind postings,of what relevance is dis here?

When it was MEND no one converted to Muslim,but now it is a Boko Haram dat has known Jesus (Peace upon him),who he has refused for 44 yrs.I beg ppl should stop fooling demsefs and stop irrelevant adverts here.Gud day.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
mfoniso said:
Lagos people, your camaraderie is infectious - keep it up. I am sure the meetings you hold serve as a moral booster for a lot of people in that axis. Keep it up. I thought Abuja people would be open to a similar initiative but we all dey form big man and big woman here. Too busy, i guess. Sha, I have checked my status like a million times and its still showing 'application received'. Na wa oh. All i know now is that I am waiting for MR, infact PPR whether Accra likes it or yes. I wish your meeting goes smoothly in Lagos and if I am in the area on that day - i guess i could stop by? I would like to meet all those people that are always cracking me up on this forum. I am sure you will have a lot of fun. A bientot!
The meeting in Abuja is possible. where there is will, there is a way. Keep pushing till it happens.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Razaqng said:

When it was MEND no one converted to Muslim,but now it is a Boko Haram dat has known Jesus (Peace upon him),who he has refused for 44 yrs.I beg ppl should stop fooling demsefs and stop irrelevant adverts here.Gud day.
Hey Rasaqng

The message is not Christian/Muslim. The message is why are we chasing shadows if real finger is being pointed at sponsors of trouble. However, it has nothing to do with our Canadian dream.

You know my personal posit had always been that the issue in Nigeria is not religion or tribe, but about few greedy individual who had cornered the process that places men and women in position of authority.
The so-called "untouchables" who continues to trouble Nigeria, driving our potential hero in droves away from Nigeria and, causing them to join in the rat race in the white man country, where they are not appreciated, but mostly seen as FRAUDS.

This remains my opinion. It has nothing to do with anyone's religion.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Thanks Seglad,
@Everyone,pls Let us stop all this controversial post on this thread,is like we are deviating from our objectives let us be guided pls.

Ig

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
igbehinadara said:
Thanks Seglad,
@ Everyone,pls Let us stop all this controversial post on this thread,is like we are deviating from our objectives let us be guided pls.

Ig
There is no cause for alarm we only need to adequately fill ourselves in. The post was there for info. He commented and I had to make the intention known. As far as I can see its not an adverse comment.

Thanks for the concern.

CERUTTI

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-10-2009
Med's Request
30-04-2010
Med's Done....
10-06-2010 ; Remedicals 21-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/03/2012
My dearest friends,

Thanks to almighty God!!

ACCRA IS WORKING.

We just received our PPR through email from Accra!!.
We are really filled with joy and happiness at the moment.
Many thanks to all the forum members for your support and I pray that God will answer our prayers as soon as possible.

Thanks to Mandie , Jade, omo naija, Omoelle, pa right, ..... the list is endless.

Cheers!!!

Lucasvilla

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 1st
ladapo4luv said:
@ isy, I don't think your suggestion will work o, shoprite ke or restaurant? With so many people around. I think first, we should try to know how many people are trully commited to attending the meeting, then try to bill ourselves some very irrelvant some like 1k each to hire a place. I will try to find out from one of my colleaugues in the ofx if we can use a place in ikeja GRA but I need to be reminded.

@ MAndie, I pray so.

My timeline

August 2nd 2011 - sent my application to accra
August 3rd 2011 - application received
January 2012 - received AOR
January 2012 - additional doc.requested - letters of employmnt
January 27 - address disappeared
Feb. 2 - In Process

Note: I am a MPNP applicant.
am also MPNP applicant, i based in dubai. i sent my doc since dec. 22nd to Accra and have not heard anything from them... if my document was delivered or not. i dont know, please help me on how to reach dem in accra by email or fone number. cuz, i heard MPNP is very fast and i dont no why d silence all this while... thanks in advance.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Congratulations CERUTTI may the land of Canada favour you and your family.Amen

Ig

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
CERUTTI said:
My dearest friends,

Thanks to almighty God!!

ACCRA IS WORKING.

We just received our PPR through email from Accra!!.
We are really filled with joy and happiness at the moment.
Many thanks to all the forum members for your support and I pray that God will answer our prayers as soon as possible.

Thanks to Mandie , Jade, omo naija, Omoelle, pa right, ..... the list is endless.

Cheers!!!

congratulation to you Cerruti.may your journey to canada be fruitful.stay blessed

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
Razaqng said: