+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

VOA

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
1233/1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Additiona docs. request 15-06-11
AOR Received.
01-03-2011 from CIO
IELTS Request
Sent with appl.
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-11
LANDED..........
And please rejoice with me,today is the first anniversary of my application n I got PPR today.

omi

Nov 1, 2011
@Mandie
Here's my timeline
Application filed. 31st Jan 2011
AOR...22nd Mar 2011
Medical request....9th Sept 2011
Medical Done....7th Oct 2011
Passport Req.....30th Nov 2011

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
VOA said:
And please rejoice with me,today is the first anniversary of my application n I got PPR today.
VOA,

Congrats on the PR. What a way to mark an "anniversary".

To the remaining 'race' (visa, landing et al) may God add 'grace'. Peace!!!

Lukeke.

shokason

Oct 14, 2011
Hello my Nija people, i am new and i am a little confused.My wife application got to CIC on June 15, 2011 and we are yet to get a reply or notification.What could result in this delay, this is 6months going.

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
VOA said:
congrat VOA,I dey rejoice wt u ooo.hop u will be ard for d december meeting.bcos u will have to celebrate for us d naija way.cheers.

Congrat to all members wt PR.good luck in your planning to land.

Zajeb

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
VOA said:
YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATON. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.

My people at long last VOA joined the club.

Thank you Lord for making this possible.Am very greateful to every member of this thread for being there when the going was tough.

VOA

I am so happy for you VOA, a very big congratulations.... I think Accra has reignited it's fire... watch out everyone waiting for some news!
Mandie

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
Congratulations to all the recipents of MR,PPR, complements of the season,may this season bring us more good news

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VOA said:
Hey VOA. Congratulations! congratulations!! congratulations!!! I will be expecting you in no time. Where are you going to be landing.

OOW4CHRIST

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Along with Full Documents
Med's Request
12-08-2011, then 16-09-2011 (after adding our new baby)
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
By God's Grace on Sunday 29th April 2012
Please, I like share the information below.

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Understanding the Phases of the Federal Skilled Worker Application Process[/size][/size]

Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications pass through three phases of evaluation, each with their own requirements.

This phased approach was introduced with amendments to Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) in 2008, with the primary aim of reducing backlogs and wait times.

Eligibility

A FSW application must first be considered eligible for processing. This is the primary way the government has reduced the number of applications it has to process.

Applications that are judged to be ineligible will not be processed.

Eligibility requirements were introduced as a set of instructions by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, beginning in February 2008. They can be changed by the Minister at any time, and have changed several times since.

Currently, to be eligible for processing, an applicant must:

Have worked for the equivalent of one continuous year in one of 29 specific qualifying occupations during the last 10 years. There is an overall cap of 10,000 applications per year that will be processed under these criteria, with a maximum of 500 per occupation. To see how much space is still open, see Applications Received; or
Have an Arranged Employment offer. Job offers have their own set of criteria that are required, and must be approved by Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC). For more information, see Arranged Employment. There is no cap for applicants with Arranged Employment; or
Have either completed two years of study towards a PhD at a provincially recognized program, or have completed a PhD in Canada within the last year. PhD applicants are subject to their own cap of 1,000 per year.
If an application does not fit into one of these categories, it is returned, and the government processing fees the applicant paid are returned as well.

Selection

Once an application is deemed eligible for processing, it enters the selection phase.

The selection phase evaluates for all of the following:

Whether the applicant has the equivalent of one year of continuous paid work experience in a skilled occupation in the last 10 years. Applicants qualifying under one of the 29 occupations at the eligibility phase would have already passed this requirement at that point. For more information, see Skilled Occupations.
Whether the applicant meets sufficient points. Points are awarded for education, work experience, age, language and adaptability. At the present time, the applicant must score at least 67 points. For more information, see Selection Factors.
Whether the applicant can establish himself/herself economically once in Canada. This can be satisfied in one of two ways: the applicant has sufficient settlement funds according to government thresholds (for more information, see Settlement Funds), or has an Arranged Employment offer.
The applicant must satisfy all of these criteria for a positive selection decision to be made.

If all of these selection factors are not met, the application is refused, and the associated government processing fees the candidate paid are not returned.

One exception worth noting is that in some rare cases, a visa officer can override the points result. They might do this, for example, if they think, from all the other evaluated criteria, that a candidate is likely to be successful in Canada, even if they are missing the required points.

If a positive selection decision is made the application proceeds to the final phase of the process.

Admissibility

The final phase of the FSW application process determines whether the applicant is admissible to Canada. This phase has two parts, a medical check, and a security check.

An applicant can be medically inadmissible if they somehow endanger the health or safety of the Canadian population, or might cause excessive demand on government health or social services. For more information, see Medical Inadmissibility.
An applicant can be criminally inadmissible if they have committed certain types of crimes, have been involved in organized crime, crimes against humanity or war crimes, or are deemed somehow to be a threat to Canadian security. For more information, see Criminal Inadmissibility.
If an applicant is inadmissible to Canada, similarly to the selection phase, their application is refused, and the government processing fees the candidate paid are not returned.

Passing these two final checks completes the FSW application process, with the applicant able to then proceed to immigrate to Canada.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
VOA said:
You VOA don draw my leg come out, I have been sleeping all these while, and have pulled out of the race. Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! And to Ralfee, Shalom1(my G), lukeke, omobaba, omi, modelarry, I congratulate and salute you ALL.

To all my Naija forumites, I wish you all the best, I shall pop in from time to time to see how ya ALL are doing. ONE LOVE! :-*

Pa' Naija Pikin BCCB

supa

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Ontario FSW Backlog PNP on 03/04/2012
Nomination.....
10/10/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
Submited with Ontario PNP Application
File Transfer...
Pending -
Med's Request
Pending -
Med's Done....
Pending -
Interview........
Pending
Passport Req..
Pending
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
seglad said:
Breaking news!!!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2011/2011-11-04.asp
seglad - how is this a breaking news? How does this affect the FSW backlog?

supa

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
Happy new month my Family members,a big congratulation to every member of this thread because we are partakers of God's awesome blessings and he makes everything right in His time,This month is filled with many testimonies and showers of PERS,MR,PPR etc.

@Voa, what a way to start the new month :eek: :eek:, its possible you get your visa before 17th Dec :p :p
@Tinuadebola, I read somewhere that yours is the next......a big amen to that.
@Pa's Right, Naijapikin, Emo, Emperor, Odex, Ig,Kpopi77,Pyramid 77,Omo naija,Bobo warri1,Eljo,Dydx....I hail o
@babes Ig,Tinuadebola,Kkil,Iomokorede,Zajeb,Spokes,Emmy_est,Mandie braxton,Isy....I say thank you for everything
@newbies, chacha MR awaits everyone that attends the eagles meeting coming up on the 17th Dec,2011......yes I will be sharing with the Visa Officers from Accra....early birds might ..... :-\
@all landed Eagles, I pray for favour, super abundance for you and yours IJN.

Let me be the first to wish you a Happy New Year in advance ;)

Loolo

mfoniso

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
abj
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Quebec selected SW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2011
Doc's Request.
additional info requested: 29/11/2011
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
in process as at May 01, 2012......MR coming soon
The good news is that Accra is working. They sent me AOR just last week and this week, they sent a request for additional documents. The challenge is: when i applied under spousal sponsorship, they rejected the application and said the marriage was fake. I took it in good faith, refused to file application and moved on. Well, actually i moved on because my husband didnt have the patience to either wait for me to come back to Canada or to file an appeal. He moved on with someone else and here I am. But that is not the reason for this post. The reason is, now i have applied on my own and everything has been going on fine - until now. Accra is now asking me to submit documents from my husband in Canada. A man they said my marriage to him was fake. A man i havent spoken to in two years. And a man who will probably not even help by sending the documents. So what do i do? Can i file for divorce in Nigeria (based on intentional and long term separation)? And then attach the divorce certificate? Any lawyers in the house? Anyone with idea please lemme know.

Seun

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mfoniso said:
The good news is that Accra is working. They sent me AOR just last week and this week, they sent a request for additional documents. The challenge is: when i applied under spousal sponsorship, they rejected the application and said the marriage was fake. I took it in good faith, refused to file application and moved on. Well, actually i moved on because my husband didnt have the patience to either wait for me to come back to Canada or to file an appeal. He moved on with someone else and here I am. But that is not the reason for this post. The reason is, now i have applied on my own and everything has been going on fine - until now. Accra is now asking me to submit documents from my husband in Canada. A man they said my marriage to him was fake. A man i havent spoken to in two years. And a man who will probably not even help by sending the documents. So what do i do? Can i file for divorce in Nigeria (based on intentional and long term separation)? And then attach the divorce certificate? Any lawyers in the house? Anyone with idea please lemme know.
I wll PM you

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
VOA! Ralfee! Shalom! Lukeke! Omobaba and others I can't remember now(sorry), congrats o! To others who have heard from Accra,congrats too.

I pray that we all receive good news in a timely fashion from Accra. IJNA.

Pa Right, walahi if you taste that jollof rice,you will recommend it over and over to people. Besides waiting for the visa is a whole day thing,man must wack.

VOA, I called you and heard one baba's voice :eek: Anyway thank God for you,it finally came you see! :) Now you can breathe easier. ;)