+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

hotgirl

Jun 5, 2010
Hello All,
I am new to this forum and i will like to ask a few questions.
I have the UK tier 1 visa with my spouse and we plan to relocate to the UK later this year before moving to canada.
I want to know if it is possible to apply from the UK or if it is advisable to apply in Nigeria before leaving.
All replies would be appreciated.
Thanks

F.Blessed

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Regarding the IELTS i really dont know why we "Nigerians" Should be made to write the test after studies from Creche-University and even some of us with Foreign degree in English.

In CIC site they say and i quote "If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your level of proficiency through a written submission, follow the instructions in the table below."'
Gather documentation which supports the claims made in your submission and submit these documents with your immigration application. Supporting documents should include:
o Degrees, diplomas, certificates and transcripts of all education completed in English or French;
o Documentation that supports your work experience in English or French, such as letters from employers, pay stubs, samples of your work, etc.; and
o Any other evidence that proves that you have spent considerable time speaking, listening, reading and writing in an English or French speaking environment.

OK the detailed step can be found on Page 12 of the guidlines Pdf from CIC site

Not to bore you all am just wondering why you guys are doing the test or is there something Ghana is doing that i am missing out.
Please advice me accordingly
Elizabeth

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
F.Blessed said:
Hi All,

Regarding the IELTS i really dont know why we "Nigerians" Should be made to write the test after studies from Creche-University and even some of us with Foreign degree in English.

In CIC site they say and i quote "If you believe that you can clearly demonstrate your level of proficiency through a written submission, follow the instructions in the table below."'
Gather documentation which supports the claims made in your submission and submit these documents with your immigration application. Supporting documents should include:
o Degrees, diplomas, certificates and transcripts of all education completed in English or French;
o Documentation that supports your work experience in English or French, such as letters from employers, pay stubs, samples of your work, etc.; and
o Any other evidence that proves that you have spent considerable time speaking, listening, reading and writing in an English or French speaking environment.

OK the detailed step can be found on Page 12 of the guidlines Pdf from CIC site

Not to bore you all am just wondering why you guys are doing the test or is there something Ghana is doing that i am missing out.
Please advice me accordingly
Elizabeth
Hi
Language proficiency is one of the decisive factor to decide the PR.

Hence, whether or not one makes 67 or above without IELTS , IELTS is must. That means if you have proficiency, one can better settle yourself in Canada (a deciding factor). If one is not able to communicate, how can one get a job in Canada (as per CHC understanding)

In case, One does not claim proficiency by way of IELTS scores, that may land one in incompatible position with regard to the Canadian job market and can lose the confidence of Visa Officer, ultimately leading to rejection.

So, sincere and true advise as per law and practice of CHC, IELTS shud be done before proceeding to CIO, NS. One shud claim only those points which one has in one's pocket. Claiming 16, getting 12, gives a misleading picture.

The above statement can be tested on the various guidelines, OP6 etc given by CIC.GC.CA, it also clearly says that if you are not ready with documents, do not apply now. get all docs ready and then proceed with CIO.

These docs i.e IETLS certification is basic doc and the deciding factor, why to take tag of rejection.

This has become more stringent wef April 10, 2010, even people from English Speaking countries are at the mercy of Visa Officer if they do not provide IELTS. They have eliminated the discrimination between people from English speaking countries and NON english speaking ones.
Benny

Sir K

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Hi
Language proficiency is one of the decisive factor to decide the PR.

Hence, whether or not one makes 67 or above without IELTS , IELTS is must. That means if you have proficiency, one can better settle yourself in Canada (a deciding factor). If one is not able to communicate, how can one get a job in Canada (as per CHC understanding)

In case, One does not claim proficiency by way of IELTS scores, that may land one in incompatible position with regard to the Canadian job market and can lose the confidence of Visa Officer, ultimately leading to rejection.

So, sincere and true advise as per law and practice of CHC, IELTS shud be done before proceeding to CIO, NS. One shud claim only those points which one has in one's pocket. Claiming 16, getting 12, gives a misleading picture.

The above statement can be tested on the various guidelines, OP6 etc given by CIC.GC.CA, it also clearly says that if you are not ready with documents, do not apply now. get all docs ready and then proceed with CIO.

These docs i.e IETLS certification is basic doc and the deciding factor, why to take tag of rejection.

This has become more stringent wef April 10, 2010, even people from English Speaking countries are at the mercy of Visa Officer if they do not provide IELTS. They have eliminated the discrimination between people from English speaking countries and NON english speaking ones.
Hello bennyameh,
As much as I agree with your submission, it is not a MUST that you write IELTS, It is just advisable to do so. If you strongly feel you can do a written submission convincingly, why not? there are a few exceptions.
Cheers
Sir k

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sir K said:
Hello bennyameh,
As much as I agree with your submission, it is not a MUST that you write IELTS, It is just advisable to do so. If you strongly feel you can do a written submission convincingly, why not? there are a few exceptions.
Cheers
Sir k
Sir K
It is not about writing general statement,based on the current rule,what is your advise to the candidate that raised this issue.
Benny

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To do IELTS is WISDOM. Sending a written submission to CHC can be suicidal because it is accessed based on subjective reasons rather than firm results.

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
I need Help , please help.

I have read through all the comments on IELTS.
Now I realized that I have made mistate. I have sent my application to CIO since february. I had not done IELTS by then but I claimed 16.I only thought its not compulsory as they wrote its recommende that IELTS is done before sending to CIO not mandated.
Now my IELTS is out I got 12, although this is surficient for me to make 67. Or do I have to do it again.
Now I need to send my application and my document to visa office. What do I do. Do I write the current proficiency 12, i.e high, moderate, high and moderate or leave the previous proficiency I claimed ,16 i.e high, high, high, high. Do I attached a cover letter towards this and what should I write in it. Please just help me with this my time is going.

Please help with the answer.

Abisola

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ2010
U ave absolutely nothing 2 worry abt o!!as long as u meet d required 67 pts with ur IELTS,u r good 2 go u don't even nd 2 send any cover letter or explanation o,just attach d result as ur proof of language prof,it doesn't matter what u scored urself when u sent d forms 2 CIO.hope dis puts ur mind at rest.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ2010 said:
I need Help , please help.

I have read through all the comments on IELTS.
Now I realized that I have made mistate. I have sent my application to CIO since february. I had not done IELTS by then but I claimed 16.I only thought its not compulsory as they wrote its recommende that IELTS is done before sending to CIO not mandated.
Now my IELTS is out I got 12, although this is surficient for me to make 67. Or do I have to do it again.
Now I need to send my application and my document to visa office. What do I do. Do I write the current proficiency 12, i.e high, moderate, high and moderate or leave the previous proficiency I claimed ,16 i.e high, high, high, high. Do I attached a cover letter towards this and what should I write in it. Please just help me with this my time is going.

Please help with the answer.
I agree 100% with Abisola submission.
Benny

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
Thank you seniors, you are really good people.

One more question. Is one suppose to pay right of permanent resident fee at the time one is sending application to visa office. I mean the 490 there about.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ2010 said:
Thank you seniors, you are really good people.

One more question. Is one suppose to pay right of permanent resident fee at the time one is sending application to visa office. I mean the 490 there about.
Hi
You can pay now or wait till during your medicals.
Benny

neddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please seniors,

i am about submitting full documents to CIC Accra at the end of July 2010. My wife is due for delivery of our baby at this month of June 2010.
My question is this,must I obtain and submit an international passport for the baby when I am sending full document to Accra.
i

soj

Feb 23, 2007
neddy,bro u need to get ur baby's passport.every individual in ur application must ve his or her passport cos ur baby's visa will be issued on his or her's x not ur wife's paasport.cheers

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Soj na so life be????????? you don reach yonder 4get man pikin abi???

Where is Abeni Okin?? father t, kulikuli, Badmus etc????

How is job hunt in Canada? We reaed a lot of bad news as per job over there, omo pan don dey fear before fear sef and most annoying thing be say man never even get the visa and fear don kuku kill us finish...

I beg throw light on this issue

Takia