+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Beem4cupid said:
When he gets PPR, can he submit his passport from the US with a return address to US Yes but you must inform the VO handling your application that he is still in the US and have their approval first for him to treat his passport in the US for the entry visa and COPR or how do we go about it. Also, his personal history shows that he is still in the US. Another thing is that he got employed under the table, do I mention that he was employed in the USA in his personal history, Dont try it. You already know the 'under the table' situation is illegal. You don't want Canada to make the assuption that he is in the US as a tourist and working illegally there therefore he can later enter Canada and do illegal things. On the record he is a US tourist, let him remain in the records as a US tourist till he returns to Nigeria or joins you in Canada from the US after you all receive your PR.kindly shed more light.
Hi, see above.

Darkside

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day people.

I need advice on how to get a job in Canada. I'm a Canadian CPA, CGA by virtue of being an ACCA member. I'm currently in Nigeria with over 13 years experience in the financial industry. I've subscribed to different job boards (jobrapido, indeed) but I've heard that it's a waste of time applying for jobs on them.

Any tips on what to do to be successful?

Thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Darkside said:
Good day people.

I need advice on how to get a job in Canada. I'm a Canadian CPA, CGA by virtue of being an ACCA member. I'm currently in Nigeria with over 13 years experience in the financial industry. I've subscribed to different job boards (jobrapido, indeed) but I've heard that it's a waste of time applying for jobs on them.

Any tips on what to do to be successful?

Thanks
Pursue and get a PR visa. With a PR visa in hand, you can get recruiters to help you find a job. There are thousands of people here in Canada looking for jobs, it is easier for employers to pick and choose among them especially those who are here legally with their papers. You're so far away and in an occupation that is 10 for ten kobo here. It makes no sense for an employer to overlook the accountants here to recruit you hence my suggestion that you pursue the PR visa. Begin to study the requirements for Express Entry and put your application together. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

Also try to get a provincial nomination, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

I'm an accountant, having worked in internal control and audit. I understand what it means to come from the banking and finance sector hence my above advice to you. All the best.

Darkside

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pipis Husband said:
Pursue and get a PR visa. With a PR visa in hand, you can get recruiters to help you find a job. There are thousands of people here in Canada looking for jobs, it is easier for employers to pick and choose among them especially those who are here legally with their papers. You're so far away and in an occupation that is 10 for ten kobo here. It makes no sense for an employer to overlook the accountants here to recruit you hence my suggestion that you pursue the PR visa. Begin to study the requirements for Express Entry and put your application together. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

Also try to get a provincial nomination, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

I'm an accountant, having worked in internal control and audit. I understand what it means to come from the banking and finance sector hence my above advice to you. All the best.
Thanks Pipis husband.

I'm currently in the EE pool with a points score of 404. I've been looking at the different provincial programs. I'd have loved Manitoba or Ontario but I'm yet to find an eligible guarantor. (My relative in Manitoba is currently not eligible). Ontario...seems like a game of chance and I've not gotten any NOI.

Any ideas on which province would be my best bet?

Thanks

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
Good day people,

Hi i need some advise. What documents do I need to bring for getting a police cert? Anyone knows?

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, please does principal applicant and spouse require birth certificate for PR application submission?

debeams

Nov 2, 2016
66778899 said:
Hello everyone, please does principal applicant and spouse require birth certificate for PR application submission?
Not necessarily, but have it handy just in case the VO eventually asked for it. I got Additional Doc Request including our birth Cert.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
SGtoCAD said:
Good day people,

Hi i need some advise. What documents do I need to bring for getting a police cert? Anyone knows?
Your international passport and a copy of your passport photograph.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Darkside said:
Thanks Pipis husband.

I'm currently in the EE pool with a points score of 404. I've been looking at the different provincial programs. I'd have loved Manitoba or Ontario but I'm yet to find an eligible guarantor. (My relative in Manitoba is currently not eligible). Ontario...seems like a game of chance and I've not gotten any NOI.

Any ideas on which province would be my best bet?

Thanks
You need a fresh profile to attract Ontario if you have been in the pool for a while. From experience, it appears they focus on newer profiles. Try creating a new one, let's see how that goes,

BORNCANADIAN

Oct 28, 2015
Hello House,
Please any idea of the average time it takes to get pick up mail from AVO if one counts from the day DHL delivers passports to them.
A prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
BORNCANADIAN said:
Hello House,
Please any idea of the average time it takes to get pick up mail from AVO if one counts from the day DHL delivers passports to them.
A prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
3 to 8 weeks but we have a case where someone waited 6 months to get his passports back. All the best.

RachelAwo

Mar 21, 2017
Good day seniors, I got my ITA earlier this year and i would submit my application in the next few days. MY CRS score was 469. Myself and my spouse both stated that we had family in Canada before we got the ITA. We were asked to get proof of relationship but we found that cousins are not on list of family members. We applied through FSW and it did not add any point to our CRS score. Would it be advisable to remove the family ties from the application. I read that it does not matter as long as you have above 67 out 100 to meet the federal skill criteria. Please let me know what you think. Thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
RachelAwo said:
Good day seniors, I got my ITA earlier this year and i would submit my application in the next few days. MY CRS score was 469. Myself and my spouse both stated that we had family in Canada before we got the ITA. We were asked to get proof of relationship but we found that cousins are not on list of family members. We applied through FSW and it did not add any point to our CRS score. Would it be advisable to remove the family ties from the application. I read that it does not matter as long as you have above 67 out 100 to meet the federal skill criteria. Please let me know what you think. Thanks
If you are able to meet the cut off of 67/100 without family ties then you need not prove it by providing the necessary documents. But leave the application as is, they will simply not award you marks for any area that does not have supporting documents.

RachelAwo

Mar 21, 2017
Pipis Husband said:
If you are able to meet the cut off of 67/100 without family ties then you need not prove it by providing the necessary documents. But leave the application as is, they will simply not award you marks for any area that does not have supporting documents.
Thank you so much for the reply. I do not think it is possible to submit without uploading all the supporting documents. Anyways we had a score of 77 without adding the 5 points for family members in Canada. I was just worried about removing it without hurting my chances.