+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Omo Naija said:
I will like to sincerely apologize to those who have recently sent me PMs as i may not be able to personally reply to everyone due to time constraint. Thus, i will try to respond to the general theme of the PMs here, hoping others can learn too...

I immigrated to Canada in December 2013, under NOC 1122 after being rejected in 2011... I landed in Saskatoon-Saskatchewan with my wife (As i have a family member based there). I immediately set out to visit the newcomers center, passed my driving test and opened my account with Scotiabank after Royal bank refused to approve a Credit card for me despite my willingness to secure it (I still dey vex with those guys :mad:)

I had to return to my job in Naija by the end of January 2014 without my wife because i still had an international job that paid me in US dollars hoping to come back finally by June 2014. Unfortunately, my newly wedded wife was constantly disturbing me to return else she will hope on plane to join me in Africa. Thus, i prayed for God's grace and tendered my resignation in April 2014 but my wonderful boss refused to accept it and told me to rather go on an "Extended" annual vacation to see how things go in Canada.

During this period, my PR card application was rejected due to the passport photo not meeting up to standards but my wife replied with another set of Photos which was accepted. I returned to Canada in the first week of April, attended some newcomer classes to fix up my resume which also included a free First aid & CPR training and training on how to conform to the Canadian workplace.

I was privileged to have a very attractive linkedin profile, so i didn't need to apply too much for jobs as recruiters were regularly contacting me for offers. My current job followed the same path as i was contacted via Linkedin, Shared my resume, attended 3 interviews and the job was mine by the end of May 2014 !
The whole process wasn't as easy and straightforward as i have written it but i will say i was blessed with good friends & family and most of all God's grace(I will also like to use this opportunity to thank my mentor "Jibaba" who was a great friend and confidant at every step of the process for me (i can't believe i still haven't met him personally yet :eek:)).
I also started my preparation for Canada as early as when i applied for my Visa by doing all the necessary & relevant I.T certifications before i landed and maintaining an up to date and attractive Linkedin profile.

Most of the PM's i receive like the cost of living in Canada and necessary certifications or credential exams in Canada can be found by a simple Google search, there are tons of information online that relates to each one of us, all we need do is spend more time learning from other people's experience.

I must say at this point, there is no "Silver Bullet", as everyone's story will always be different but my recipe for success in Canada is; Preparation, Networking and most of all God's grace !

All the best guys !
Awesome.
Thanks.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Omo Naija said:
I will like to sincerely apologize to those who have recently sent me PMs as i may not be able to personally reply to everyone due to time constraint. Thus, i will try to respond to the general theme of the PMs here, hoping others can learn too...

I immigrated to Canada in December 2013, under NOC 1122 after being rejected in 2011... I landed in Saskatoon-Saskatchewan with my wife (As i have a family member based there). I immediately set out to visit the newcomers center, passed my driving test and opened my account with Scotiabank after Royal bank refused to approve a Credit card for me despite my willingness to secure it (I still dey vex with those guys :mad:)

I had to return to my job in Naija by the end of January 2014 without my wife because i still had an international job that paid me in US dollars hoping to come back finally by June 2014. Unfortunately, my newly wedded wife was constantly disturbing me to return else she will hope on plane to join me in Africa. Thus, i prayed for God's grace and tendered my resignation in April 2014 but my wonderful boss refused to accept it and told me to rather go on an "Extended" annual vacation to see how things go in Canada.

During this period, my PR card application was rejected due to the passport photo not meeting up to standards but my wife replied with another set of Photos which was accepted. I returned to Canada in the first week of April, attended some newcomer classes to fix up my resume which also included a free First aid & CPR training and training on how to conform to the Canadian workplace.

I was privileged to have a very attractive linkedin profile, so i didn't need to apply too much for jobs as recruiters were regularly contacting me for offers. My current job followed the same path as i was contacted via Linkedin, Shared my resume, attended 3 interviews and the job was mine by the end of May 2014 !
The whole process wasn't as easy and straightforward as i have written it but i will say i was blessed with good friends & family and most of all God's grace(I will also like to use this opportunity to thank my mentor "Jibaba" who was a great friend and confidant at every step of the process for me (i can't believe i still haven't met him personally yet :eek:)).
I also started my preparation for Canada as early as when i applied for my Visa by doing all the necessary & relevant I.T certifications before i landed and maintaining an up to date and attractive Linkedin profile.

Most of the PM's i receive like the cost of living in Canada and necessary certifications or credential exams in Canada can be found by a simple Google search, there are tons of information online that relates to each one of us, all we need do is spend more time learning from other people's experience.

I must say at this point, there is no "Silver Bullet", as everyone's story will always be different but my recipe for success in Canada is; Preparation, Networking and most of all God's grace !

All the best guys !
Nice one!

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
ksa0510 said:
Action to be taken by applicants if no news from CIC yet

1.MAY APPLICANTS
If you are May applicants and fee is not charged or still awaiting PER

2.JUNE APPLICANTS
If you are 1st to 3rd week of June applicants and no fee is charged or still awaiting PER

Pls send an inquiry via mail to CIC using the email below with the subject line titled "FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER"
cio-sydney-search-enquiry @ cic.gc.ca

Content of mail should include
1.Full name-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2.Date of Birth-DD/MM/YYYY
3.Passport Number-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
4.Nationality-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
5.UCI #(IF APPLICABLE)
6.Tracking details of parcel with courier name-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
7.Date of delivery(If known)

Dear Sir/Ma,

Please I wish to use this medium to make an inquiry about my submitted application
with the details stated above.

I will be very grateful if my inquiry is looked into.

Thank you for the anticipated cooperation.

Yours Truly,

3.JUNE APPLICANTS
4th week applicants should still look out for charging,encashment and PER

4.JULY APPLICANTS
Relax,charging & encashment are ongoing as well as PER issuance

5.AUGUST APPLICANTS
Completeness checks-Currently going on with these applicants

Good luck.
Good job bro.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Omo Naija said:

All the best guys !
Thanks for sharing the details.

meemee

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
Med's Request
12-01-2015
Med's Done....
22-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2015
Very informative.

Omo Naija said:

All the best guys !

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Update on CC,DD & PER as at 31st Oct.2014 @16:05
Latest CC Charged: 16 July
Latest DD encashed: 7 July
Latest PER: 7 July
Total CIC Apps: 5223(Unchanged)

Boluwatife

Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Med's Request
Eagerly waiting
Interview........
Not for me
Passport Req..
Soon and very soon
ksa0510 said:
Action to be taken by applicants if no news from CIC yet

1.MAY APPLICANTS
If you are May applicants and fee is not charged or still awaiting PER

2.JUNE APPLICANTS
If you are 1st to 3rd week of June applicants and no fee is charged or still awaiting PER

Pls send an inquiry via mail to CIC using the email below with the subject line titled "FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER"
cio-sydney-search-enquiry @ cic.gc.ca

Content of mail should include
1.Full name-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2.Date of Birth-DD/MM/YYYY
3.Passport Number-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
4.Nationality-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
5.UCI #(IF APPLICABLE)
6.Tracking details of parcel with courier name-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
7.Date of delivery(If known)

Dear Sir/Ma,

Please I wish to use this medium to make an inquiry about my submitted application
with the details stated above.

I will be very grateful if my inquiry is looked into.

Thank you for the anticipated cooperation.

Yours Truly,

3.JUNE APPLICANTS
4th week applicants should still look out for charging,encashment and PER

4.JULY APPLICANTS
Relax,charging & encashment are ongoing as well as PER issuance

5.AUGUST APPLICANTS
Completeness checks-Currently going on with these applicants

Good luck.
It takes about 30 working days to receive reply from CIC. So the earlier the better. By the grace of God "our ears will continue hear good news to the end" Amen

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Boluwatife said:
It takes about 30 working days to receive reply from CIC. So the earlier the better. By the grace of God "our ears will continue hear good news to the end" Amen
Amen ooooooooooo :D

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
I Just hope this doesn't further slow our application process down Nigeria is Ebola free so make dem leave us out of this:

In a bid to also stop the spread of Ebola into its borders, the Canadian government today October 31st announced its suspension of visa applications for travelers from Ebola-hit countries.

Below is the statement released today by Canada's health minister, Rona Ambrose
"Our number one priority is to protect Canadians. We continue to work with domestic and international partners to aid efforts to respond to the outbreak in West Africa, while strengthening our domestic preparedness here at home."
The Canadian immigration minister, Chris Alexander said Canadian immigration authorities will not process any visa application for individuals who have been in any Ebola-affected nation 'within three months prior to the date of the application.'
"Canada has been a leader in the international efforts to respond to the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. The precautionary measures announced today build on actions we have taken to protect the health and safety of Canadians here at home." he said.

adumuna

Oct 10, 2014
lilbro said:
I Just hope this doesn't further slow our application process down Nigeria is Ebola free so make dem leave us out of this:

In a bid to also stop the spread of Ebola into its borders, the Canadian government today October 31st announced its suspension of visa applications for travelers from Ebola-hit countries.

Below is the statement released today by Canada's health minister, Rona Ambrose
"Our number one priority is to protect Canadians. We continue to work with domestic and international partners to aid efforts to respond to the outbreak in West Africa, while strengthening our domestic preparedness here at home."
The Canadian immigration minister, Chris Alexander said Canadian immigration authorities will not process any visa application for individuals who have been in any Ebola-affected nation 'within three months prior to the date of the application.'
"Canada has been a leader in the international efforts to respond to the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. The precautionary measures announced today build on actions we have taken to protect the health and safety of Canadians here at home." he said.

Canada will stop issuing visas to people from the three West African nations where Ebola is widespread, the government said on Friday.

The federal citizenship ministry, explaining the move, said in an official document that "the introduction or spread of the disease would pose an imminent and severe risk to public health".

About 5,000 people have died in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone this year in the worst Ebola outbreak on record. Fears rose that the disease could spread beyond the region after a few cases were diagnosed in Spain and the United States.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/31/us-health-ebola-canada-idUSKBN0IK27T20141031

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
adumuna said:
Canada will stop issuing visas to people from the three West African nations where Ebola is widespread, the government said on Friday.

The federal citizenship ministry, explaining the move, said in an official document that "the introduction or spread of the disease would pose an imminent and severe risk to public health".

About 5,000 people have died in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone this year in the worst Ebola outbreak on record. Fears rose that the disease could spread beyond the region after a few cases were diagnosed in Spain and the United States.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/31/us-health-ebola-canada-idUSKBN0IK27T20141031
Really pray Naija is not among!

Jcage

Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
25-07-2013
File Transfer...
29-10-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
bensonams said:
Really pray Naija is not among!

According to BBC, it was reported thus:

The ban would apply to countries with "widespread and persistent-intense transmission", Canada said.

Mbaka

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Omo Naija said:

All the best guys !
Congratulations

Please I will like to know anything new your wife did on the second passport for it to go thru.

We are in such a situation at the moment, we landed on sept 16th and left Calgary back to our base on the 6th of October.

Our pr cards just came out but that of my spouse was rejected cos of passport specifications. We snapped these passports same place, same day and same time.

In their rejection letter, they did mention about having the date the passport was snapped at the back of this photo passport. My challenge is do they want it stamped or printed along side with the passport photo.

Please your response is highly needed, remember we are out of Canada at the moment

Thank you.