+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Tem

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ofis said:
Hello everyone,

After waiting for 57 days, my AOR finally came yesterday. I'm so happy right now and looking forward to the other steps in the application process. In my opinion, the delay might be due to huge application pool in the FSW scheme this year as the average days for AOR for PNP prior to commencement of FSW this May is 30 days.

Thanks to everyone for your support.

Ofis

Congratulations

vicdugu

Jul 3, 2014
wums said:
Good day all, I'm new here. We got nominated March 27th and application to CIO was submitted by hand by our sponsor on June 11th signed received same day, now we are waiting for AOR
Do you mean your relations /friends nominated and submitted applications on your behalf in CD?

mbennymoore

Jul 10, 2014
Hey my brothers and sisters oooo. i have not applied and i do not even know where to start from, can some one help me with the step by step guide? you all are blessed oooo

Momobee

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Nomination.....
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
mbennymoore said:
Hey my brothers and sisters oooo. i have not applied and i do not even know where to start from, can some one help me with the step by step guide? you all are blessed oooo
The best place to start is the CIC website. The process is quite straightforward. Just read the requirements and assess yourself to see if you have the required points.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
mbennymoore said:
Hi, this is the best place to start; with this link, (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp)

You can also keep up at this thread (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-from-nigeria-lets-network-t202722.195.html) for help, updates and assistance. All the best :)

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
Ofis said:
Hello everyone,

After waiting for 57 days, my AOR finally came yesterday. I'm so happy right now and looking forward to the other steps in the application process. In my opinion, the delay might be due to huge application pool in the FSW scheme this year as the average days for AOR for PNP prior to commencement of FSW this May is 30 days.

Ofis
Congrats, the remaining process for you would come speedily in Jesus name. Amen

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
Nothing like that ooo IJMN!!!
Stella M said:
Congrats to everyone with one update or the other. To the newly landed....congratulations as well. The land of Canada shall favour you and yours.

For those of us still waiting....we shall smile soon IJN!
AMEN IJMN!!!

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
Ofis said:
Hello everyone,

Ofis
This a big step in the right direction...
Congratulations...

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
antbanks said:
My people,

How una dey ooo, Although i am new to this forum, I have being following the FSWP 2014 network since my application was delivered on the 7th May, 2014. I have also received a confirmation that my DD has been settled and my ECAS updated.

please i will like to know
1. Is there a schedule maintained by adminstrators of this webpage to enable aspirants like me make a guided decision on the process
2. Is there anyone in the forum that applied for fsw 2014 noc 2174

I will be glad to get a response....Thanks Guys
Hello Antbanks,
Welcome aboard a great forum where selflessness is our watch word.
We look forward to your valuable contributions as well.
Congratulations on the notifications received so far especially your ecas update. It is a step in the right direction. I am not aware of any schedule maintained by admin of this webpage. However you should be able to draw inferences from fellow applicants that you share similar timelines. You will get to know more members in due course.
I wish you the very best...
Tangowisky

calvinwang2012

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
donwin4real said:
The way each VO operates is different from the other but from my own experience with Accra, they do background check mostly on Security via Police Reports sent to them and also on finances(via bank statement of account).

It all depends on how you packaged your application and how genuine and enough are the documents presented, for me, the only background check was on Security, Birth Certs and my Marriage Cert; no interviews or visitations involved.

Hope this helps...

All the best!
Hi dear senior member, you said part of background check is on security via police reports. But if I have already submitted the police certificate from specific country, what kind of other reports do they need in addition? I'm confused...

AirMan

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calvinwang2012 said:
Hi dear senior member, you said part of background check is on security via police reports. But if I have already submitted the police certificate from specific country, what kind of other reports do they need in addition? I'm confused...
You don't need to be worried or confused. As long as your application was done in accordance with the rules and you supplied all required documentation, you will be fine.

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
A general info for the house, this could help someone you know who is applying through MPNP.

Effective August 1st 2014: New Application Management Strategy takes effect to reduce processing times to less than 6 months by 2015

There's a new warning found on MPNP website. They will be stopping by July 31, 2014 to accept new applicants:

2014 Overseas Application Deadline: Under the new MPNP application management strategy, applications from skilled workers overseas must be received by the MPNP no later than July 31. MORE

Go to immigratemanitoba site for more info.

Regards

babakura

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
02-01-13
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
ecas Med received: 19th March 2013
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
20 Nov 2013
@ xtreme u beat me to the info and here is a link

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/growing-through-immigration/

They are pausing so that they can reduce backlog, process genuine applicants within 6months and also bring out new set of requirements for next year ....

GOD bless us all

babakura

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
02-01-13
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
ecas Med received: 19th March 2013
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
20 Nov 2013
In another news .....

Link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-06-23.asp

Notice – Changes to the definition of a dependent child

June 23, 2014 — Effective August 1, 2014, the definition of a dependent child is changing for Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC’s) immigration programs.

The age at which a child will be considered a dependant is being reduced, from under 22 to under 19.

The exception for full-time students is also being removed. Children of applicants who are 19 or over but are financially dependent on their parents and are enrolled in full-time studies will no longer be eligible to be processed as dependent children.

In all cases, a child will continue to be considered a dependant, regardless of age, if they have depended on their parents for financial support because of a mental or physical condition.

Reducing the age for dependants to under 19 in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) will bring the IRPR in line with provincial definitions of “age of majority,” which is currently evenly split between 18 and 19 across provinces and territories.

Young adults will be able to apply to come to Canada on their own merits, as foreign students or through various economic programs.

All permanent resident applications in CIC inventories before August 1, 2014 will continue to benefit from the pre-amendment definition of dependent child.

Transitional measures will allow certain applicants under multi-step permanent resident immigration programs who are already in the immigration process at the time these regulations come into force on August 1, 2014, but who have not yet submitted their application for permanent residence, to have their applications completed based on the previous definition of dependent child.

These transitional measures will apply to certain groups, including:
•Provincial Nominee Program applicants;
•Applicants who have applied under one of Quebec’s economic programs;
•Live-in caregivers;
•Refugees abroad and refugee claimants;
•Quebec humanitarian cases;
•Parents or grandparents whose sponsorship applications were received before November 5, 2011; and
•Privately sponsored refugees whose sponsorship applications were received before October 18, 2012.

In addition, as of August 1, 2014, to ensure that children who meet the definition of dependent child at the first stage of a multi-step permanent resident immigration program remain eligible throughout what can be a multi-year process; the child’s age will be “locked in” at the first formal step of the immigration process. For example, the age of a child whose parent applies to the Provincial Nominee Program will be “locked in” on the date that the application for nomination is made to the province.

The change in the definition comes into force on August 1, 2014; however the regulatory package has now been published in the Canada Gazette, Part II, and can be found on their website.

For more information, please visit CIC's website.

ladapo4luv

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2011
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
06 - 03 -2012
Baba Kura,

This is a serious issue. Good to make use of all opportunities whenever it comes.