+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Bukonla80

Oct 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
Doc's Request.
05-03-2012
Nomination.....
30-06-2012
AOR Received.
Application received at CIO 29-08-2012, CC charged on 22/10/2012, AOR received on 27/10/2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Medical Request received on 26-11-2012 from Accra VO
Med's Done....
7-12-2012; 25/2/2013 furtherance medical test requested - Medicals Received 12-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Received Passport Request on 19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-2014
RiVic said:
With joy and gladness of heart, I announce the arrival of my family's PPR @ about 10:02am yesterday morning. We are grateful to God that the wait is not in vain. Please, rejoice with us!
For everyone expecting one update or another, today is your day and you will not miss your portion in Jesus name. Say a loud AMEN.
@ Swinglow, I PM you yesterday. Hope you got it?
A big congratulations RiVic................wishing you all the best!!!!!

klarsbng

Nov 22, 2012
jedidiah said:
Hi Klarsbng,

Sorry we are all so overjoyedn replying your post was delayed. Well you did not tell what your eligibility test was for... Federal skilled worker? Canadian Experience Class, Student Visa?

If you are interested in the federal skilled worker program, you will have to wait till Jan 2013 when the new program rules are expected to be released as the program has been temporarily suspended.

Regards
Thanks very much jedidiah for your reply i really appreciate it. I am happy for u guys and gals congratulation once more.

RiVic

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear FORUMITES,
I am overwhelmed with amazement about the love that operates in this forum. Honestly, sometime, I ask are these FORUMITES Nigerians or are they the proper Nigerians?"
So pleased to be a part of this unique atmosphere where we do not even know one another but yet we show so much concern. You will agree with me that the attitude of everyone in this forum is quite different from what we see on our roads daily - rough driving, abuse, negligence, robbery, kidnapping, national robbery and pen robbery, extortion, hatred, wickedness etc.
But one day, the God of Zion will deliver the Zionites.
Even those who have landed are still keeping in touch with those yet to leave the shores of our nation. It is AMAZING!

Special thanks and appreciation to Swinglow, DMarks, Jovic, Geelado,
Ikemba, YomexTev, Bukunola80, Toyeen
Hakpoguma, Zajeb, Don, Cynmax,
Mayoress, Babymart, Loolo, Emo, Ricierich5618

For the kind congratulatory messages sent to me and my family on the receipt of our PPR. May your joy be full, you will never know any sorrow, lack, want, disappointment, loss, failure. Your next year will be better than this year and your testimony shall be permanent.
If you are still expecting an update, God will make it happen for you. Believe this slogan of mine "IT MIGHT NOT BE FEASIBLE BUT IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE"

For every other forumite, something good will happen for you this weekend. My joy for you is that you are nearing the end of the process every minute, you will definitely get there. Amen

Any general ideas of what to expect in Accra? - Timing, forms to fill etc. Please, comment.

Thanks every1 and God bless you.

Reactions: Mit_Seun

DonBaker

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
File Transfer...
23-01-2010
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
11-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2012
LANDED..........
priceless said:
;D ;DDear All,join us in shouting halleluyah!our PPR arrived this night!we give God all praise and adoration.Guys I would need the contacts of the hotel(walking distance)close to AVO!also I would appreciate if anyone can provide contact for IOM accra!many thanks.To all those still expecting MR and PPR,GOD would perfect it in Jesus name!
Fantastic Priceless! God is awesome.

Congratulations to you and the family!

We bless God.

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
RiVic said:
Dear FORUMITES,
I am overwhelmed with amazement about the love that operates in this forum. Honestly, sometime, I ask are these FORUMITES Nigerians or are they the proper Nigerians?"
So pleased to be a part of this unique atmosphere where we do not even know one another but yet we show so much concern. You will agree with me that the attitude of everyone in this forum is quite different from what we see on our roads daily - rough driving, abuse, negligence, robbery, kidnapping, national robbery and pen robbery, extortion, hatred, wickedness etc.
But one day, the God of Zion will deliver the Zionites.
Even those who have landed are still keeping in touch with those yet to leave the shores of our nation. It is AMAZING!

Special thanks and appreciation to Swinglow, DMarks, Jovic, Geelado,
Ikemba, YomexTev, Bukunola80, Toyeen
Hakpoguma, Zajeb, Don, Cynmax,
Mayoress, Babymart, Loolo, Emo, Ricierich5618

For the kind congratulatory messages sent to me and my family on the receipt of our PPR. May your joy be full, you will never know any sorrow, lack, want, disappointment, loss, failure. Your next year will be better than this year and your testimony shall be permanent.
If you are still expecting an update, God will make it happen for you. Believe this slogan of mine "IT MIGHT NOT BE FEASIBLE BUT IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE"

For every other forumite, something good will happen for you this weekend. My joy for you is that you are nearing the end of the process every minute, you will definitely get there. Amen

Any general ideas of what to expect in Accra? - Timing, forms to fill etc. Please, comment.

Thanks every1 and God bless you.
Thankz and God bless you too.As for the visa requirements,try and read the PPR mail carefully.It categorically states what you are to bring along to Accra which usually includes but not limited to;passports of all family members,2 passport pix of each family member according to canadian pix specification,additional family update form etc.
Congrats once again and safe trip to Accra!!

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Dear All,

Many thanks to everyone for your wellwishes.Am glad that am part of this great Naija forum.Am replying from my phone would do the proper thanks when am on a Pc.

Would be going to Abj to renew my passport then thereafter we would head to Accra.

To all still awaiting,wait no more as the time of goodnews is now!Gods favor would not pass you by.

RiVic

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babymart said:
Thankz and God bless you too.As for the visa requirements,try and read the PPR mail carefully.It categorically states what you are to bring along to Accra which usually includes but not limited to;passports of all family members,2 passport pix of each family member according to canadian pix specification,additional family update form etc.
Congrats once again and safe trip to Accra!!
Thanks mate, God bless you.

cynmax

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-10
priceless said:
Dear All,

Many thanks to everyone for your wellwishes.Am glad that am part of this great Naija forum.Am replying from my phone would do the proper thanks when am on a Pc.

Would be going to Abj to renew my passport then thereafter we would head to Accra.

To all still awaiting,wait no more as the time of goodnews is now!Gods favor would not pass you by.
Priceless i dont know ur location but if you are in Lagos or south west you may not have to travel to Abuja for passport renewal. You can now do renewal in any passport office in ur location. At least am sure of that of Abeokuta.

mayoress

Sep 9, 2011
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
MPNP-30/03/13; CIC-06/05/14
Doc's Request.
CIC- 06/08/14; Submitted- 18/08/14
Nomination.....
27/02/14
AOR Received.
MPNP- 09/04/13; CIC-25/06/14
IELTS Request
Submitted for MPNP. Expired submitted with CIC application
File Transfer...
25/06/14
Med's Request
07/08/14
Med's Done....
14/08/14; In-process- 13/08/14; medical received- 18/08/14
Interview........
MPNP-24/02/14; CIC- Waived iJn. Amen.
Passport Req..
26/08/14
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/14
LANDED..........
05/12/2014 by the help of God.
RiVic said:
Thanks mate, God bless you.
@ Rivic, you are most welcome. I think you won't need to write names behind the passport photographs.

klarsbng

Nov 22, 2012
shaddy said:
please dont"t just wait till 2013 start preparing for ielts exams and be gathering your document....
Thanks very much for this information please what re the necessary things i need to do, what is the nature of this exam and where to get the materials.
I wish u all the best in ur endeavor. Thanks once more.

swinglow

Oct 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013
opk2much said:
@ Swinglow

Kindly PM me the details of the IOM contact you have in Accra.

Thanks

I've replied. Sorry its coming late. Been so busy

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Iwin2 said:
Congrats mate.the no of Assemblies of God Guest house, Accra is +233244295364
Thanks iwin!do you have an idea of the rate /night?

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
cynmax said:
Priceless i dont know ur location but if you are in Lagos or south west you may not have to travel to Abuja for passport renewal. You can now do renewal in any passport office in ur location. At least am sure of that of Abeokuta.
Renewal with change of name is only done in Abj sadly hence the need to travel for it.That's the stress we get in this country!

cynmax

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-10
priceless said:
Renewal with change of name is only done in Abj sadly hence the need to travel for it.That's the stress we get in this country!
K wish you safe journey to Abuja

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
JACKSON GOES TO SCHOOL.

Men and Brethren,
Brothers and Sisters,

It is with joy that I formerly announced to you all that I have officially commenced study.The process was smooth and devoid of any hitches( The research that we all talk about here in this forum) I was approved of both loan and grant. The loan is repayable after six months of graduation to a maximum of 10 years( Yet to confirm this) On the other hand, the grant is yours- DASH. There are some tricks often associated with the loan and grants. Please you may wish to PM me when you arrive or when you want to apply for the student loan/grant.The factors that determine what you get are
1. Your current employment status
2.Your spouse( if married) status
3The number of children/their ages

ADVISE ON SCHOOL- Most institutions here in Calgary and elsewhere have programs for Fall, Jan and Sept. It is therefore important that you have an idea of what program you want to take and the effective date. You may qualify for student loan after say 2-3 months after hitting the ground here. You will need to apply for admission first, then be offered admission. Please arrive 2-3 months before the commencement of the program
Do not be rigid about program and course. I have in my class professionals from all walks of life, ( Dentist, Economics, Computer scientist, Teachers etc all undergoing training in Medical Laboratory.) Choose program that will put you in the middle level .
University programs are good but the duration is usually from 2-4 years depending if you are being offered a bridging program.
Singles can go for that. I will suggest that if you have a family, please enroll for at least 5 -10months course.
I was offered admission for a 10 months course but I refused because I need to quickly put food on the table.
THE ERRORS-- There is a maximum loan/grant you will be approved of in respective of your circumstances/situations. If the program is 10-12 months, you will then spread the grant over that period as compared if the period is 5 months
MATHEMATICS- My total grants is X and the period of study is 5 months
= X/5 = Y
If the period is 10months my monthly living allowance will be
X/10 =Z. .

STANDARD.
The curriculum here is at variance with what we are have over there in EMO'S OMOLOGBOLOROGBO UNIVERSITY.
The difference being in the course contents . You are being prepared for the job-nothing else in a relax atmosphere.
For example, while some ladies were sipping coffee , juice ,cakes etc , your sincerely was reading as TO SAY NA TOMORROW BE THE FINAL EXAM. Do not blame me . I am not used to sipping coffee or juice while lectures is on. Any how, any how Niger MUST CARRY FIRST OO.
Nigerians are really wonderful here. We are 4 Nigerians in the class. Nigerians have advantage in the sense that our language od education is English. This sometimes give us an edge

I will suggest here that before you land, have your credentials evaluated by a recognized body in the province you intend to live.
It will do you good. Please do a COMPREHENSIVE evaluation though it is more expensive that GENERAL OD BASIC evaluation.

COST OF LIVING
The cost of living in Calgary is not high. For a family of 6 like mine, 1000 can feed us a month.Here we have African Markets where you can buy AMALA, GARRI, EGUSI, POUNDO, OGBONO, FISH ,YAM.
We still eat Nigeria food. So do not worry about what to eat or drink.
For new comers, the hurdle usually is having the right information. Please if you are coming to Calgary, load your MTN, ZAIN OR GLO and book a free information session with me on . I will give you all the microscopic details.As a new comer, if you rent a house, the utility bills may be in your name( If you choose) and you will have to pay a deposit.
Our bills are
1 Electricity
2 Water
3 Heat
4 Cable/Internet/Phone
5.Garbage( You go pay to throw way you dirty here)
6 Sewage( The water wen you tey bath and wash, you go pay to throw way am)

Cell phone can put you in trouble here in Calgary if you are DUNDEE UNITED. I was a DUNDEE UNITED and I pay dearly for it
On the whole, I pay about 700 dollars in 3 months. Bros, I wan piss for body one day.
I therefore beseech you all by the mercies of God that YOU FLEE FROM TELUS AND ROGERS .He that hath an ear let him hear what the JACKSON sayeth- FROM TELUS AND ROGERS FLEEEEEEEEEE.( Your free information session will do you good)

HOUSING- This depend on the location and the Estate value of the house. SOUP WEN SWEET, MY PEOPLE, NA MONEY KILL AM
In Calgary, houses are more expensive in the South West. I live in the South West though, that was where I got a house after many weeks of searching..You may experience difficulty in getting a house of your status. Most landlord and estate company will tell you you do not have a CREDIT HISTORY or you DO NOT HAVE A JOB YET. Never be discourage, God will open door for you..

CARS AND CARS. . I read the post on this forum every morning and evening. I have people say you need a car. Some want to ship their car from Ibadan to Toronto. Bros cool down.The truth is YOU WILL NEED A CAR to move.But you must first understand the traffic laws here. YELLOW FEVER NO DEY HERE TO SHOW YOU ROAD OR STOP YOU. Any traffic offense==TICKETS. No Bros, how you dey, No Bros how far. When you have accumulated a certain number of ticket, your driving license will be suspended for a period.
First ride on the Public transit, see the stops signs, the curves, the laws and the traffic light.. Then go to the registry and collect the Drivers Handbook( Free, if na Niger you go pay to get am) Read and digest the road rules and signs.When you are comfortable, take the driving test/Vision test.
I have read here that you need a letter from FRSC----LIE, LIE,LIE. It is the Nigerian High Commission that will authenticate your Driver's license.QED
When buying cars, please shine your eyes.Let me join PA RIGHT IN SAYING THIS -----BEWARE .
Depending on your fat bank account, you can get a used car from 3000, 4000, 5000, and 6k. You never get job, while will you spend such a huge amount on car? I am just be frank here. You dont know what lies ahead, while will you spend a whopping sum on cars?

When we arrived here in Calgary, everybody keep telling us .,Ah Jackson, you need a car, No body ever told us how to get a car. We were patient. Please be patient. I ride on public transit. My children walk to school. Your children will be placed in the school that is very close to your house.
When you have a job and your monthly budget is stable, you can then look and take the decision to buy a car.This will take us to the next topic JOB

JOB FOR NEW COMERS- This is the real determining factors. Few usually secure job prior to arrival.Others may have job waiting for them while many may not be lucky. I will try and be FRANK and REALISTIC.

THE MARCUS THEORY, I am sure every one in this forum still remember the MARCUS SONG-------
When you were given the VISA, on the back of one the paper, it was clearly stated---YOU MAY NOT GET JOB IN YOUR FIELD.
We now live in a competitive world. Many chasing few things.Here too, we are not immuned from this 21st century phenomenon.
You are not the only DOCTOR, PHARMACIST, PLUMBER, NURSE ACCOUNTANT etc coming to Calgary or Toronto .The job market is highly competitive.
Canadians employers may want to hire some one with a Canadian experience/education. Now I know while and I am better informed.
LEGAL ISSUES.
To bail yourself out of this doldrums, come down from every mountain you may have climb- LET HIM THAT READETH UNDERSTAND.

Frankly speaking, accept any job that will reduce pressure on you POF before you are able to strategise.You may want to take training for a job. If you are coming to Calgary, I will give you the list of employment agencies here that may assist you on your job search.
It is not out of place if you take a 1 week course on security. When you are going back to school, you will have a part-time job to fall back on.BE WISE. I have the information too.

NEW LAWS-- Immigration rules changes every seconds here. Recently a Canadian is fighting to have his son , born inn Scotland , to be given a Canadian citizenship. NO WAY. The new law say NO. If you are a Canadian and you have children born outside of CANADA, they are NOT Canadian. The laws say, CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP IS NOT HEREDITARY. Beware therefore no one knows the next BUMB.

AOB
My warmest greeting to PA NAIJA PIKIN( MUFU) for lighting up the forum again. My IGWE OF MISSISSUAGA
Pa Seglad , Thanks for always coming on board
PA Right Thanks for sounding warning, only say you make me vex for taking your family on unwarranted excursion -----
Anty TINU, Well done for a good job--Coordinating.
Anty IG .It shall come to pass for you, surely, it shall be great
Ikemba-My able bodied man, Ndalu

Others, you are all PRECIOUS.

I would have love to continue--I have 2 test next week, I DEY GO JACK, NAIAJA NO DEY CARRY LAST

SHALOM