+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

gel003

Sep 27, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2011
AOR Received.
In Process 16-07-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
Costa D said:
Thank you all for your support and prayers at this time.

A befitting burial for my husband is paramount now.Service of songs will be next week and burial following.

I am going through an unexplainable period of sadness, pains and agony.

Bye all for now.....................
God Almighty is your Strenght.... I am short of words to say.. I can Imagine what you are going thru cos my heart is still heavy since the day i read from u about ur hubby's demise... Pls Pls Pls take it easy on yourself.

CFAdoc

Jul 26, 2010
Costa D please accept my sincere condolences. God is on your side even in times like this.

Dear All,

This is a debrief of my landing/settlement experience. Please read on.

I landed with my family in Toronto at 11:58pm on 7th Sept following a long and drawn out journey lasting 31hrs which was meant to last 18hrs thanks to United Airlines, first advise don't connect through the U.S., please connect through the European hubs (London, Paris, etc), and this is targeted especially to those who travel to the U.S. a lot like myself and feel it will be easier, transiting through the U.S. is terrible, period. Case in point; my bags where set aside when they arrived in the U.S. for extra checks resulting in further delay and litany of questioning, this doesn't happen in Europe.

We were checked by immigration, this lasted 15mins and we were given our landing papers to sign and the immigration officer shook my hand and said "Welcome to Canada" (Kodak moment). We were ushered to customs who asked questions about funds we had and contents of our bags and goods to follow, please have a list of goods to follow as this will be documented. All in all we were done in 25mins as we were the only passengers in the airport! We got a minivan and negotiated (naija style) a fixed tariff to our destination, please avoid meters, it costs more.

Now here's where reality starts. We were shocked to discover that Canada's public transit system is stuck in the 19th century, meaning you need a horse or car pronto. Getting around even in a major metropolis like GTA can be really tough without a car, as the public transit system network isn't particularly sufficient. Here's my advice, sort out your driving license before coming, please. The quicker you can get a full license and get a car, the better for your physical well being. And please don't bring a fake license to Canada, they will catch you and you may get arrested.

We were also amazed to discover how clueless Canadian bankers were, and they charge for everything even holding your money. My advice, buy bank draft in Canadian dollars at the best rate before you leave and withdraw CAD cash at a local ATM using Naira on your naija mastercard, and please get a naija mastercard before you leave to cover your immediate purchases.

Now to the all important two cents:
1. Find a host before coming to Canada
2. Prepare, Plan, Prepare, Plan, Prepare, Plan and start early

The first one is high priority, even if you claim to know no-one, please I'm sure you know someone who knows someone in Canada, make friends. This requirement is paramount as Canada is no man's land, you will get in and get lost without someone to help out in your first few weeks.

The second is important because you need a backup plan for your back up plan. You will arrive and realize some stuff on the forum is really personal and doesn't apply to you, so please take time by yourself to plan the first 12 months to religious zealousness. I can't overstate the importance of your first few months, it will determine whether you will make it in Canada or not, I've seen this first hand, so prepare and plan.

Canada is a beautiful country with far more opportunities to succeed than Nigeria if you intend to do it lawfully. It's one of the best decisions you can make, I've seen how lives improved dramatically with the decision, but, I say this with caution, don't be too optimistic, just be prepared to work hard to achieve your dreams.

Hope it helps someone out there.

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
CFAdoc
thank you very much and congratulation for landing successfully,the information you gave will help us very well to plan our movement.you should throw more light on niger driver lincence and naira master card pls.

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
Mama dee said:
Mrs Costa D,
Accept our condolences on d departure of ur husband. Av been so weak since I read ur post on this graat loss. May d good lord give u d heart to bear this loss and may his gentle soul rest in peace.

@ forum members
We can now see there is more to life than PPR n all d things we consider important in life, I sometimes refer to them as a must have. Let us all live our lifes in a way that we will not be found wanting when he comes to take us home. Remember it can be anytime.

Weldone Mama Dee for that food for thought.

gel003

Sep 27, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2011
AOR Received.
In Process 16-07-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
Hello my good people,

Pls a friend of mine needs an advice on this below;

I have found out that i did not disclose a USA visa refusal-2004 and quite frankly I cannot remember the reason for refusal.I was just given a standard refusal sheet and I could not make head or tail of what was written there and I could not be bothered either. And from what i read somewhere,this non disclosure may hurt me if Accra discovers this themselves. Pls advice.

Thanks

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
gel003, you may wish to throw more light concerning the information you got elsewhere on this subject. Having said that, i do not know of any place in the FSW Forms you are required to disclose information concerning embassies visited for Visa whether successful or unsuccessful, at least as at the time we applied. What i do know is about the travel history which they just introduced.

However, being refused Visa by one embassy does not automatically disqualify you from getting visa from another embassy or even that particular embassy as a matter of fact if you reapply after some time.I have personally experienced that. In all i don't think there is any thing to worry about by your friend except of course there are other serious things behind that which he/she have not disclose to you.

@All may this week be a testimonial week in Jesus name. Amen

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
EMO said:
And He will wipe it off to the point that all the latest MI class will begin to get the much awaited MR and the older MI getting their PPR.
Amen o

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Costa D said:
Thank you all for your support and prayers at this time.

A befitting burial for my husband is paramount now.Service of songs will be next week and burial following.

I am going through an unexplainable period of sadness, pains and agony.

Bye all for now.....................
Jesus Christ the hope of glory. Your husband just like you said had gone to be with the Lord. I believe he slept in the Lord. This man is not dead but lives on with His savior. This is how Christian of old pictures this event. We all have this appointment, but the time of keeping it is what we do not know. But, we had better be prepared, like the Master Himself warned.

While we cry we do not completely loose our sight. The Lord will succour you at this crucial moment. Please we all still await your contact number. If the burial will be anytime from second week in October, I trust God to be there. Not for any other reason but to fulfill scriptures. "...Mourn with those who mourn..."

Only God in heaven knows how you feel right now. But He is sovereign over our lives. He is the Potter and we are nothing but clay in His hand.

May the Lord of all comfort you and the children at this time.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Ikemba said:
gel003, you may wish to throw more light concerning the information you got elsewhere on this subject. Having said that, i do not know of any place in the FSW Forms you are required to disclose information concerning embassies visited for Visa whether successful or unsuccessful, at least as at the time we applied. What i do know is about the travel history which they just introduced.

However, being refused Visa by one embassy does not automatically disqualify you from getting visa from another embassy or even that particular embassy as a matter of fact if you reapply after some time.I have personally experienced that. In all i don't think there is any thing to worry about by your friend except of course there are other serious things behind that which he/she have not disclose to you.

@ All may this week be a testimonial week in Jesus name. Amen

I wonder o. This our people always looking around for an item to puncture the stomach after filling it with choice meal.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
CFAdoc said:
Costa D please accept my sincere condolences. God is on your side even in times like this.

Dear All,

This is a debrief of my landing/settlement experience. Please read on.

I landed with my family in Toronto at 11:58pm on 7th Sept following a long and drawn out journey lasting 31hrs which was meant to last 18hrs thanks to United Airlines, first advise don't connect through the U.S., please connect through the European hubs (London, Paris, etc), and this is targeted especially to those who travel to the U.S. a lot like myself and feel it will be easier, transiting through the U.S. is terrible, period. Case in point; my bags where set aside when they arrived in the U.S. for extra checks resulting in further delay and litany of questioning, this doesn't happen in Europe.

We were checked by immigration, this lasted 15mins and we were given our landing papers to sign and the immigration officer shook my hand and said "Welcome to Canada" (Kodak moment). We were ushered to customs who asked questions about funds we had and contents of our bags and goods to follow, please have a list of goods to follow as this will be documented. All in all we were done in 25mins as we were the only passengers in the airport! We got a minivan and negotiated (naija style) a fixed tariff to our destination, please avoid meters, it costs more.

Now here's where reality starts. We were shocked to discover that Canada's public transit system is stuck in the 19th century, meaning you need a horse or car pronto. Getting around even in a major metropolis like GTA can be really tough without a car, as the public transit system network isn't particularly sufficient. Here's my advice, sort out your driving license before coming, please. The quicker you can get a full license and get a car, the better for your physical well being. And please don't bring a fake license to Canada, they will catch you and you may get arrested.

We were also amazed to discover how clueless Canadian bankers were, and they charge for everything even holding your money. My advice, buy bank draft in Canadian dollars at the best rate before you leave and withdraw CAD cash at a local ATM using Naira on your naija mastercard, and please get a naija mastercard before you leave to cover your immediate purchases.

Now to the all important two cents:
1. Find a host before coming to Canada
2. Prepare, Plan, Prepare, Plan, Prepare, Plan and start early

The first one is high priority, even if you claim to know no-one, please I'm sure you know someone who knows someone in Canada, make friends. This requirement is paramount as Canada is no man's land, you will get in and get lost without someone to help out in your first few weeks.

The second is important because you need a backup plan for your back up plan. You will arrive and realize some stuff on the forum is really personal and doesn't apply to you, so please take time by yourself to plan the first 12 months to religious zealousness. I can't overstate the importance of your first few months, it will determine whether you will make it in Canada or not, I've seen this first hand, so prepare and plan.

Canada is a beautiful country with far more opportunities to succeed than Nigeria if you intend to do it lawfully. It's one of the best decisions you can make, I've seen how lives improved dramatically with the decision, but, I say this with caution, don't be too optimistic, just be prepared to work hard to achieve your dreams.

Hope it helps someone out there.
Thanks brother or sister for the info. There alot to draw from it. Amongst which are
1. Getting one's car ASAP ( I will like to add that we need not spend fortune to land the first car. Know the terrain first)
2. Sorting out the License issue ASAP (May be we need to ask FRSC to ascertain the authenticity of the one's we have at the moment)
3. Get a host or one who willing to show us round and mentor us. Abeere ona kii si na ( one who ask for direction never struggle to find his/her path)
4. Naija MasterCard don mess me up before o? what are the charges attached to every transaction? What of VISA debit card?

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
Ikemba said:

@ All may this week be a testimonial week in Jesus name. Amen
Great Ikemba and Emo

It's actually there on the Schedule 1 (IMM 0008) form, it says on the 9th question

Have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family
members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada,
ever:

Option 1
Option 2

Option 3: been refused refugee status in, or an immigrant
or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary
resident visa to, Canada or any other country, or
have been refused a Certificat de sélection du
Québec (CSQ) to Quebec?

And further down we have

If your answer to any of these questions is YES, provide details below.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
I like this page, 1010 "ten ten". I decree ten PPR and ten MR this week in Jesus name. Amen ;D

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
I like this page, 1010 "ten ten". I decree ten PPR and ten MR this week in Jesus name. Amen ;D

lovina

Star Member
Jan 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
june 2011
Med's Request
April 24 2013
Med's Done....
May 1st 2013
Interview........
waived by his Grace
Passport Req..
July 25th 2013
Ikemba said:
Amen