+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigeria Applicant for Quebec Immigration for skilled workers

Aug 11, 2012
@riffel,i am still very much available.Still observing the growing developments and silence from the end of Quebec immigration office.
From all indication,i personally have a feeling that they want to suspend the program so that they can clear the whole applications with them.There have not been any information from them since middle last year.Every other thing we read or hear amounts to mere speculation.

Looking at it now,they want only complete application with the correct fee payment.They want all documents certified and originals of some documents submitted.This was not there usual practice.I think that those that applied after 5th of december 2011,will enjoy plenty of advantages.This is so because all applications that have been accepted after that period are complete applications and it seems that they are arranging them now and going through them to know those that will get interview waiver or interview.Interview rate will drop seriously.There will be more of the issuance of CSQ after 31st of March,2013.They are likely not going to introduce new rules immediately because already laid down rules are stringent enough.

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
great4realman2010 said:
@ riffel,i am still very much available.Still observing the growing developments and silence from the end of Quebec immigration office.
From all indication,i personally have a feeling that they want to suspend the program so that they can clear the whole applications with them.There have not been any information from them since middle last year.Every other thing we read or hear amounts to mere speculation.

Looking at it now,they want only complete application with the correct fee payment.They want all documents certified and originals of some documents submitted.This was not there usual practice.I think that those that applied after 5th of december 2011,will enjoy plenty of advantages.This is so because all applications that have been accepted after that period are complete applications and it seems that they are arranging them now and going through them to know those that will get interview waiver or interview.Interview rate will drop seriously.There will be more of the issuance of CSQ after 31st of March,2013.They are likely not going to introduce new rules immediately because already laid down rules are stringent enough.
Hey....
Gentleandrew and great4realman2010 - are they the one and same person?

I think you are very correct. Interviews will be waived eventually because of their request for submission of certified true copies, this also negates the need to verify certificates e.t.c....

Where i could, i submitted originals. Birth certificates, all transcripts and letters from employers.
Anyway, we'll keep hoping they speed up the process. afterall, some people in the past were able to get their CSQ in six months-even with interview......

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
22/08/2011(Credit Card Refused)
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
@All,In case any1 has problem with their documentation such tax clearance,pension,doc certification etc.,just call this no:07033340107 and your probs wuld be seemlessly resolved.Wish you all sucess in your applications.Cheers.
Razaqng.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes,i use both names.When did you apply and do you already have acknowledgement of receipt?

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
GENTLEANDREW said:
Yes,i use both names.When did you apply and do you already have acknowledgement of receipt?
I don't even have A O R yet. but my application has been received....

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
I applied for a CSQ in August 2012 through the PEQ programme from within Canada (had been living/working in Montreal for year) and it came through middle of September 2012.

My close friend applied for a CSQ in November 2012 through the Regular programme, also within Canada, and received her CSQ in February 2012.

If all your documents are in order, it should take no longer than 6mnths to receive confirmation, whether you are applying from within or outside.

Cheers.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow!That is quite fast.Are you a Nigerian living in montreal?Were you both sent AOR or you just got your CSQ as your only correspondence?Are you saying that i can get CSQ in 6 months?Did you show proof of language?Any interview?Thanks

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
GENTLEANDREW said:
Wow!That is quite fast.Are you a Nigerian living in montreal?Were you both sent AOR or you just got your CSQ as your only correspondence?Are you saying that i can get CSQ in 6 months?Did you show proof of language?Any interview?Thanks
Hi GentleAndrew,

Yes. I am a Nigerian living in Montreal. After living and working here for 1year on a Temporary Work Permit, I was eligible to apply for CSQ under the PEQ programme (Programme de l'expérience québécoise (PEQ – Québec experience program).

It is a simplified process. From the website re:processing time. "An application deemed complete under the Programme de l'expérience québécoise (PEQ – Québec experience program) will receive a priority treatment of 20 days or less."

For my package, I had to show I had been legally working here for a year, that I had an intermediate (B1/B2) skill in French - for which I took the TEFaQ (Test d'Évaluation de Français adapté au Québec). There was no interview. Also, I was not sent an AOR.

Unfortunately, I am afraid to say the regular application program requires a lot more detail. BUT more importantly just make sure your ENTIRE package is correct before submitting. My good friend (from Togo) did this and got her CSQ in 4 months.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!So nice to note that you are in montreal.I strongly crave your indulgence to regularly be part of the forum.Your assistance will really be needed when landing in montreal.My e-mail is above.Can i have yours to PM you.Thanks.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please note that the Ministère is applying new rules for the intake of applications for the Québec Selection Certificate (CSQ). From now on, several verifications will have to be done before a file can be opened. In this context, the Ministère has suspended its 30-day commitment to send a letter confirming that a new file has been opened.

If your file meets the conditions for submitting an application, a letter confirming that your file has been opened will be sent to you within 4 to 6 months.

ajayidan

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
Doc's Request.
19-03-2013 (certified copies)
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
Hi Gentle Andrew, I think rule has been in effect b4 now, bcos I applied on the 25th Nov. 2011, I got my AOR on 6th July 2012, till now av heard nothing. Still waiting for my CSQ or Interview call.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The difference between the one of 2011 is that several verifications will be carried out.This was never done before they issue out AOR.This will make decisions faster and remember that it is only complete file they accept unlike before.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_NIGERIA.pdf

To know Nigeria's equivalence in terms of education system to that of Quebec,check the above link.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Requirements at the stage of preliminary examination
Under Article 7 of RSRE the DCS of the candidate is qualified worker
the subject of a preliminary reference to the factors specified in the grid
selection of candidates for this sub-category, except for the factor
Adaptability. At this stage, the score awarded to the candidate from
information contained in the DCS.
The candidate must meet the following requirements to qualify:
- Get at least 2 points to the criterion level of education factor
Training, ie minimally hold a graduate
secondary general or vocational (SEE GPI 3-1, SECTION
3.3.1.1);
- Meet the cutoff employability. The threshold applies to
this step is as follows:
- 42 points for a single applicant;
- 50 points for an applicant with his spouse or partner.
This threshold applies to factors Training, Experience, Age, Knowledge
language, Stay and family in Quebec, Validated employment offer and, if
appropriate features of the spouse or de facto spouse accompanying.
- Meet the threshold of transition to the stage of the preliminary examination. the threshold
which applies at this stage is as follows:
- A minimum of 49 points for an applicant only;
- A minimum of 57 points for an applicant with her ​​husband
or partner.
All factors are taken into account at the stage of preliminary examination to
except Adaptability factor