+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nieces' pictures in passport

ramammad

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.

I am putting together the application. In my passport there are two pictures of my nieces because they travelled with me a couple years ago. Do I include that page and can it be a reason for rejection?

Thanks!

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
As suggested by CIC every page that has even simple marks should be scanned and uploaded. They would like to know information about your travel history, rejections and so on.

I have seen many ppl scan every page in passport though not required.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Remove the pictures. No reason for them to be in the passport at all. In some cases, if the pages are damaged, it can invalidate your passport.

ramammad

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
Remove the pictures. No reason for them to be in the passport at all. In some cases, if the pages are damaged, it can invalidate your passport.
Thanks for advise, but wouldn't removing pictures invalidate the passport? I am thinking about including my nieces birth certificates with one-two sentence explanation of why they are in my passport. What do you guys think?

ramammad

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ag2015usa said:
CIC only asks for the bio page of the passport to be scanned so your question is moot.
No, they actually ask for all pages with any kinds of markings or information.

ag2015usa

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
I believe that used to be the case, isn't any more. I see that you received your ITA recently - when you fill out your application for PR, you'll see that the only page they ask for is the bio page. FWIW, I am waiting for a decision on my application, sent only a copy of the bio page and have passed the "completeness" check, according to the GCMS notes.

Here's the exact wording from the "Document Upload" part of the application:

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport or travel document bio data page.

If using your passport, include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.

Your travel document must show proof of status (citizenship or residency), as well as photo identification. Your travel document must be issued by a government and include your name, photo, date of birth, document number, and the issue and expiry dates, if applicable. A travel document is used only by individuals who cannot obtain a passport.

ramammad

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ag2015usa said:
I believe that used to be the case, isn't any more. I see that you received your ITA recently - when you fill out your application for PR, you'll see that the only page they ask for is the bio page. FWIW, I am waiting for a decision on my application, sent only a copy of the bio page and have passed the "completeness" check, according to the GCMS notes.
That's great, thanks! I don't have my document checklist yet, but I will definitely pay special attention to that part of it.

Congratulation, hope you receive your PR soon!

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
ramammad said:
Thanks for advise, but wouldn't removing pictures invalidate the passport? I am thinking about including my nieces birth certificates with one-two sentence explanation of why they are in my passport. What do you guys think?
Don't modifiy your passport ever!

For EE application you are asked for your photo-bio page only.

When application approved CIC will ask to submit The passport if you need a visa or copies of any page with information if you don't need visa. When sendo it, you can add a Explanation Letter to avoid mistakes.

ramammad

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gregor.Samsa said:
Don't modifiy your passport ever!

For EE application you are asked for your photo-bio page only.

When application approved CIC will ask to submit The passport if you need a visa or copies of any page with information if you don't need visa. When sendo it, you can add a Explanation Letter to avoid mistakes.
Thank you!