+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

lana abdalla

Jan 10, 2018
Congratulations to you too, and everyone!

An annoying situation - officer during registration said urgent cert processing would be granted (to see a sick family member) and all I needed was my travel itinerary.
Subsequently, after providing proof, I received an email asking for proof that I have a sick family member. I have replied stating that I have no idea how long it would take to get that, and that the officer this morning did not indicate this as a requirement.
maybe alot of people asked for that. so they are trying to know who is really need it for urgent situation. i suggest you to send them second email to explain how it needs more time to have the proof from the sick family member it’s really hard.

sinou3939

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
I sent the email as instructed in the printed form. Subject line "Oath form for (case number), (Family name).
They should really make that less confusing as I had to think twice on whether to just reply or follow the instructions in the printed form. It's something silly but for us it is unnecessary stress.
I actually stayed back and asked this to one of the agents at the end of the ceremony yesterday. She said it doesn't matter which way you sent the email. But she asked me to just wait for the email from them after the ceremony and simply follow the instructions there (it asked for the signed form + confirmation of current address - there was also some instructions for pre-2002 PRs but that didn't apply to me.)

Bottomline, it doesn't matter folks.

Reactions: alexo21

lana abdalla

Jan 10, 2018
I actually stayed back and asked this to one of the agents at the end of the ceremony yesterday. She said it doesn't matter which way you sent the email. But she asked me to just wait for the email from them after the ceremony and simply follow the instructions there (it asked for the signed form + confirmation of current address - there was also some instructions for pre-2002 PRs but that didn't apply to me.)

Bottomline, it doesn't matter folks.
do you know how long it takes to update the status of the ceremony to completed?

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone,

Finished my Oath Ceremony on 17th Feb at Niagara Falls Office, still waiting for Citizenship Certificate.What is the last Oath date to receive Citizenship Certificate?