+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

sinou3939

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Fellow applicants and those that recently went through he oath ceremony, I have a question regarding some instructions in the notice. Please help if you know how this actually works.

With regards to consenting to images being taken during the ceremony and consenting for their use in media etc, I am seeing two conflicting pieces of requirements. This is first introduced at the end of page 1 and beginning of page 2:

"By participating in this video oath ceremony, you are consenting to the use of your image on a third-
party application (Zoom) for the purpose of administering the Oath of Citizenship by video.

You also give permission to allow IRCC to take photographs, video and/or sound recording during the
video oath ceremony of yourself, your minor* child(ren), if applicable, and any minor* child(ren) for whom
you have also made an application, to release or use them in its future electronic or printed
communications products (at any time, without compensation or notice). The images will be the exclusive
property of the Government of Canada. Photographs, video and/or sound recording of the video oath
ceremony may be taken by media or may be shared with media by the Government of Canada.
By participating, you give permission to the Government of Canada to share your images taken during the
video oath ceremony with media and to have your name(s) printed by any media. If you do not consent
to these uses, contact us as soon as possible."

In this place it looks like you are automatically opting in to allowing usage of your images and stuff by simply participating in the event.

Later in the document, on page 4, there is instructions "Preparing a few days before the video oath ceremony"

On there, one of the steps is: "Review the information available at www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-ceremony.asp to learn more
about the sequence of events during a citizenship ceremony and how to prepare, i.e. practice wording of
the National anthem. NOTE: Not all ceremonies are the same; the format or some steps may be different
due to the pandemic."

In the web page, there is an instruction that says to bring "a signed copy of the Permission Release and Consent form (included with the notice)"

Two concerns with this instruction -
#1, I don't see a Permission Release and Consent form in the PDF attachment.
#2, This seems to contradict the earlier instruction which seems to suggest you automatically consent to release by joining the zoom call.

Which of these is true? Also, please let me know if I am overthinking this.

cc: @engray @canada23 @hussamfarooq @canpr123 @dynisious007 @ManiHoopes @MartinH1337

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Fellow applicants and those that recently went through he oath ceremony, I have a question regarding some instructions in the notice. Please help if you know how this actually works.

With regards to consenting to images being taken during the ceremony and consenting for their use in media etc, I am seeing two conflicting pieces of requirements. This is first introduced at the end of page 1 and beginning of page 2:

"By participating in this video oath ceremony, you are consenting to the use of your image on a third-
party application (Zoom) for the purpose of administering the Oath of Citizenship by video.

You also give permission to allow IRCC to take photographs, video and/or sound recording during the
video oath ceremony of yourself, your minor* child(ren), if applicable, and any minor* child(ren) for whom
you have also made an application, to release or use them in its future electronic or printed
communications products (at any time, without compensation or notice). The images will be the exclusive
property of the Government of Canada. Photographs, video and/or sound recording of the video oath
ceremony may be taken by media or may be shared with media by the Government of Canada.
By participating, you give permission to the Government of Canada to share your images taken during the
video oath ceremony with media and to have your name(s) printed by any media. If you do not consent

In this place it looks like you are automatically opting in to allowing usage of your images and stuff by simply participating in the event.

Later in the document, on page 4, there is instructions "Preparing a few days before the video oath ceremony"

On there, one of the steps is: "Review the information available at www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-ceremony.asp to learn more
about the sequence of events during a citizenship ceremony and how to prepare, i.e. practice wording of
the National anthem. NOTE: Not all ceremonies are the same; the format or some steps may be different
due to the pandemic."

In the web page, there is an instruction that says to bring "a signed copy of the Permission Release and Consent form (included with the notice)"

#2, This seems to contradict the earlier instruction which seems to suggest you automatically consent to release by joining the zoom call.

cc: @engray @canada23 @hussamfarooq @canpr123 @dynisious007 @ManiHoopes @MartinH1337
I believe the description on the webpage is for when the oath used to be in-person. It seems they may not have updated that section. I know they link it, but most of the information there including the video is from when the ceremonies were in person. I don't think there is a permission release form for the online zoom ceremony.

Reactions: sinou3939

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Knock knock, did anyone get their citizenship certificate from NGF recently? I took the oath Feb 16th and thought of finalizing PP application this weekend. But damn the application asks for citizenship certificate number and date of issue.

dynisious007

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019

due to the pandemic."

You are definitely overthinking this.

It happens.

Have a beer, enjoy the last night of being a foreign citizen!!

• Haha
Reactions: sinou3939

Rai Mazhar Farid Jami

Nov 18, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Pics req 10 Feb, submitted on 16 Feb 2015....Schedule A & PCC request on 29 July2015
Nomination.....
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
2nd line updated on 29 July 2015
Med's Request
22 January 2016 , RPRF and passport copies
Med's Done....
28 January 2016 and medical received line updated on 12 Feb 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10 February 2016 submitted on 16 Feb
VISA ISSUED...
11 March 2016
LANDED..........
30-01-2017
Congrats me am from ottawa can you share your time line please thank you
Hi

Application submitted Feb 10, 2020
AOR Aug 21, 2020
Test Passed Oct 15, 2021
Language, presence etc completed on Jan 15, 2022
Oath Invite: Feb 15, 2022

Reactions: Kornet

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Knock knock, did anyone get their citizenship certificate from NGF recently? I took the oath Feb 16th and thought of finalizing PP application this weekend. But damn the application asks for citizenship certificate number and date of issue.
Bumping up...

Mar 3, 2022
Has anyone on the forum received their certificate on a Friday? i'm new on the forum but have been steadily checking up once in a while. I was at the Feb 17 oath and application closed on the 23rd. The Niagara Falls IRCC does not seem to respond to any inquiries haha

MartinH1337

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
congratulations
Congratulations to you too, and everyone!

An annoying situation - officer during registration said urgent cert processing would be granted (to see a sick family member) and all I needed was my travel itinerary.
Subsequently, after providing proof, I received an email asking for proof that I have a sick family member. I have replied stating that I have no idea how long it would take to get that, and that the officer this morning did not indicate this as a requirement.

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
I sent the email as instructed in the printed form. Subject line "Oath form for (case number), (Family name).
They should really make that less confusing as I had to think twice on whether to just reply or follow the instructions in the printed form. It's something silly but for us it is unnecessary stress.
Agree. I sent a separate email with subject Oath form for (case number), (Family name). I think this is right method. Although all of them have same email address.