+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
@Fpm800 I am sitting with a DM since Oct 21st. Waiting for oath since last 6 weeks. Does applying for GCMS make anything faster by any means?
No I personally do not think it makes a difference and others on the forum feel the same but there are those who think that it does make it difference. I just like to have all possible available information when it comes with immigration paperwork so I feel that the $5 it costs to order the notes is worth it for me.

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
No they never acknowledged the reception of us sending the passport request. I don't think they regularly do that. If I'm not mistaken, your wife's test was marked completed a day or 2 after my finance's so I am hoping they get marked completed either today or tomorrow.
For what's worth, both my fiance and I never travelled during the 5 years eligibility except from when we moved from the country of origin to Canada. Maybe that has something to do with how fast the file is moving.
Also, I did order both the gcms notes for both our files on the 9th of November. Still have not received them.
Thank you so much , my wife's test was marked completed 4th Nov, and same for both of us we did not leave Canada for 5 years . Cross our fingers to hear some good news asap for everybody

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
No I personally do not think it makes a difference and others on the forum feel the same but there are those who think that it does make it difference. I just like to have all possible available information when it comes with immigration paperwork so I feel that the $5 it costs to order the notes is worth it for me.
I agree, orderting GCMS notes will not affect your application.
FYI, there is no cost to ordering GCMS for permanent residents and citizens, you just need to file your request under the Privacy Act.

Reactions: Edifytech

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
Hello
My wife just called IRCC, requesting if they received the requested passport copy (she sent it 19th Oct), they advise there is no note on her file. Do you think that the Niagara falls agent did missed her email, or they do not put that as a note, any thought or opinion.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hello
My wife just called IRCC, requesting if they received the requested passport copy (she sent it 19th Oct), they advise there is no note on her file. Do you think that the Niagara falls agent did missed her email, or they do not put that as a note, any thought or opinion.
I really doubt whether IRCC officer would have missed the passport. In fact, they are expecting those scanned copies from each applicant. I am about 100% sure they would have received and updated it. Most likely, the agent doesn't know what he/she is saying. In fact, IRCC will reach out to an applicant towards the 30 days to ask for it again! Nevertheless, nothing is impossible with IRCC.

What I would suggest is that you send them an email to confirm receipt. They most likely wouldn't reply on time and may not even reply at all. But if they do (they replied to mine after about 1 month), it will help you relax. Also, you can also order your ATIP notes. It was stated in my ATIP note that the scanned passport was updated the next business day after I emailed it to them.

Reactions: Rakit

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
I really doubt whether IRCC officer would have missed the passport. In fact, they are expecting those scanned copies from each applicant. I am about 100% sure they would have received and updated it. Most likely, the agent doesn't know what he/she is saying. In fact, IRCC will reach out to an applicant towards the 30 days to ask for it again! Nevertheless, nothing is impossible with IRCC.

What I would suggest is that you send them an email to confirm receipt. They most likely wouldn't reply on time and may not even reply at all. But if they do (they replied to mine after about 1 month), it will help you relax. Also, you can also order your ATIP notes. It was stated in my ATIP note that the scanned passport was updated the next business day after I emailed it to them.
Thank you so much

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
I think there are almost a dozen of us waiting for oath invite from NGF. Hope we get some updates soon. It looks like they have a target to complete everything in 1 year. Hence, they take breaks and focus on other applicants. Perhaps that is why we do not hear anything for 1-2 months after every major step/update. Just an educated guess.

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
I think there are almost a dozen of us waiting for oath invite from NGF. Hope we get some updates soon. It looks like they have a target to complete everything in 1 year. Hence, they take breaks and focus on other applicants. Perhaps that is why we do not hear anything for 1-2 months after every major step/update. Just an educated guess.
I want to email the niagara office to request both my fiance and I to have the ceremony scheduled on the same day. Do you think it is worth it or is still just a waste of time. Or should I send a webform?

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
webform is more professional. IRCC does not get back to emails unless it is a real need according to their definition. There are some rare circumstances a staff gets back but they are not expected to AFAIK.

Chadev

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Does anyone think emailing to Niagara falls would help even to grab their attention for test invite ? Where do people get emails from ?