+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
I know this has been asked before...I just got e-certificate download instructions. Tracker shows citizenship ceremony not started. About how long after this step will the oath happen? Is there a pattern for Niagara Falls office? I have travel planned outside of Canada Nov 21-25 that I will cancel as I refuse to reschedule oath after waiting since March 2022 but I'm getting anxious about the oath date.
I got the e-certificate email on Oct. 28. My tracker was updated today. Have not yet received email invite/letter.

Reactions: kriscanada1984

LetSusan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
I got the e-certificate email on Oct. 28. My tracker was updated today. Have not yet received email invite/letter.
Ooh I would be delighted to have my oath just a few days after yours. That way I could travel and get home before the oath. I have been waiting for 581 days and now I want it slightly delayed lol. Did they post the date in your tracker? Is that how you know?

Reactions: SoHunny

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
Ooh I would be delighted to have my oath just a few days after yours. That way I could travel and get home before the oath. I have been waiting for 581 days and now I want it slightly delayed lol. Did they post the date in your tracker? Is that how you know?
Yep, date shows on tracker.

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
I know this has been asked before...I just got e-certificate download instructions. Tracker shows citizenship ceremony not started. About how long after this step will the oath happen? Is there a pattern for Niagara Falls office? I have travel planned outside of Canada Nov 21-25 that I will cancel as I refuse to reschedule oath after waiting since March 2022 but I'm getting anxious about the oath date.
That is a very good sign, you will get an invitation for the oath ceremony soon

Siddharth_

Jun 25, 2023
I would aim for Nov 20 - 24 window, As per Tracker Sheets from June - Aug most of us Niagara folks are scheduled from Nov 14 - Nov 21 who got the Oath Update last week.

Reactions: SoHunny

tenhag

Star Member
May 2, 2023
Congratulations
Did you do anything to get your application moving?

saurabh2326

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Folks, I have my virtual oath scheduled for 14th Nov. I wanted to check do we need to prepare anything before the oath, I mean sign any document or keep anything handy apart from id's. Any points to keep a check of beforehand? Thanks

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
Folks, I have my virtual oath scheduled for 14th Nov. I wanted to check do we need to prepare anything before the oath, I mean sign any document or keep anything handy apart from id's. Any points to keep a check of beforehand? Thanks
Read the email then sent to you, that's all you need

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
From a technical perspective, are you a Canadian citizen immediately the oath ceremony is completed? or do you remain a PR until you receive the certificate or e-certificate of citizenship (which is pretty much your proof of citizenship on paper in writing) ?

LetSusan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
From a technical perspective, are you a Canadian citizen immediately the oath ceremony is completed? or do you remain a PR until you receive the certificate or e-certificate of citizenship (which is pretty much your proof of citizenship on paper in writing) ?
According to the website, Once you take the Oath of Citizenship, you’ll be a Canadian citizen. We’ll give you your citizenship certificate as proof that you’re a Canadian citizen. It will show the date that you became a citizen. Keep it in a safe place. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html
As soon as we swear the oath we are citizens. That PR card has to be cut during the ceremony - it's not valid anymore nor are we considered PRs.

Neyomaa

Apr 1, 2021
Hi, anyone on this thread who wrote their citizenship test outside Canada? If yes, What is the progress for you pls

Mimi6583

Sep 14, 2023
Hi everyone. I received test invite from Niagara and my LPP has been completed since October 17 with no update ever since. I know IRCC has no pattern but is it “normal” to wait over 3weeks since LPP completed?
The tracker indicates people get it 1-2weeks after…..unless I missed it in the report.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Hi everyone. I received test invite from Niagara and my LPP has been completed since October 17 with no update ever since. I know IRCC has no pattern but is it “normal” to wait over 3weeks since LPP completed?
The tracker indicates people get it 1-2weeks after…..unless I missed it in the report.
I think they wait for enough people with completion to send out oath invites for a specific date.

Reactions: Mimi6583