+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

Corellon

Dec 13, 2022
It's the same for us - we took oath on Dec 6 and there has been no change on the online tracker. The application and oath ceremony still shows "in progress".
Dec 6 is so new, you should wait 4 weeks to start getting worried:)
We had our oath on Nov 9th, still no update on tracker and no certificate yet.

Corellon

Dec 13, 2022
Hi all. Did people waiting for their citizenship certificate after their oath receive it yet? I am trying to understand how long it is taking to receive the certificates right now. Thanks!
Nov 9th, oath taken, still no certificate, still no update on the tracker, oath ceremony shows in progress, this is really frustrating.

Applicant 2021

Nov 14, 2022
Nov 9th, oath taken, still no certificate, still no update on the tracker, oath ceremony shows in progress, this is really frustrating.
Thank you! I hope you get yours soon, although I did notice everyone on this forum who had their ceremony on Nov 9 has has this exact experience? I have also heard its taking 4-6 weeks for certificates to be sent :( I am so worried about mine, since I did not foresee all these delays while booking my passport appt.

Corellon

Dec 13, 2022
Thank you! I hope you get yours soon, although I did notice everyone on this forum who had their ceremony on Nov 9 has has this exact experience? I have also heard its taking 4-6 weeks for certificates to be sent :( I am so worried about mine, since I did not foresee all these delays while booking my passport appt.
It is really hard to guess when it will arrive, some people had it on Nov 3rd and got it around 33 days, mine is just around that timeline but still nothing, Niagara office in general is a bit problematic as far as I understand. I don`t know how but some people had live ceremony rather than online and got their certificates way faster.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Dec 6 is so new, you should wait 4 weeks to start getting worried:)
We had our oath on Nov 9th, still no update on tracker and no certificate yet.
I'm not worried :) I understand that these things take time :)

I was just commenting on someone's post about the tracker not being updated and sharing my own experience.

At our oath ceremony we were told the certificate generally takes 4 to 6 weeks to reach, and it might be later than that for us because of the holiday period. So I'm going to be very patient until March 2023 ;) I'll start "worrying" only if our certificates haven't arrived by April ;)

Corellon

Dec 13, 2022
I'm not worried :) I understand that these things take time :)

I was just commenting on someone's post about the tracker not being updated and sharing my own experience.

At our oath ceremony we were told the certificate generally takes 4 to 6 weeks to reach, and it might be later than that for us because of the holiday period. So I'm going to be very patient until March 2023 ;) I'll start "worrying" only if our certificates haven't arrived by April ;)
Yes that is the correct approach:) I am already worried because there are no updates on tracker which is weird and still no certificate after 4,5 weeks. Good luck on yours too, it is so frustrating but waiting is the only choice at the moment :/

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Applicant 2021

Nov 14, 2022
It is really hard to guess when it will arrive, some people had it on Nov 3rd and got it around 33 days, mine is just around that timeline but still nothing, Niagara office in general is a bit problematic as far as I understand. I don`t know how but some people had live ceremony rather than online and got their certificates way faster.
:( Hoping for the best. It would be so much easier to just go and collect it from there rather than waiting a month. No idea how this works :(

Reactions: Corellon

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Yes that is the correct approach:) I am already worried because there are no updates on tracker which is weird and still no certificate after 4,5 weeks. Good luck on yours too, it is so frustrating but waiting is the only choice at the moment :/
Good luck! Hopefully yours will reach you soon.

Reactions: Corellon

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
Good luck! Hopefully yours will reach you soon.
@Wandering Mind I'm Feb 2022 application from Ottawa as well. All my steps were completed on Dec 2 and trying to figure out expected timeframe for oath ceremony as I have planned travel to Indian in Jan. I have question for you. What was the email for ceremony invite? I might request for you guidance once past oath on surrender procedure considering you would have been down the road by then :) Hope its okay with you.

Corellon

Dec 13, 2022
@Wandering Mind I'm Feb 2022 application from Ottawa as well. All my steps were completed on Dec 2 and trying to figure out expected timeframe for oath ceremony as I have planned travel to Indian in Jan. I have question for you. What was the email for ceremony invite? I might request for you guidance once past oath on surrender procedure considering you would have been down the road by then :) Hope its okay with you.
Hi,
October 6th all steps finished except ceremony
October 14th received invitation for ceremony
Nov 9th took the oath
Today Dec 13th Still waiting for citizenship certificate and tracker still shows oath ceremony in progress?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello,

We applied in June 2021 as a family of 3 (paper application) and until November 2022, only our Background check and test were updated on the tracker.

We received an invite for the oath ceremony from the Niagara Falls office from this email on Nov 21:
IRCC.DNCitNGFScheduling05-ConvocationNGFCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Our online tracker was updated for Physical presence, Language and Prohibitions in December a few days before our oath ceremony.

We took the oath on Dec 6 and the tracker isn't updated yet and still shows oath as "in progress".

Hope this helps.

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
Hi,
October 6th all steps finished except ceremony
October 14th received invitation for ceremony
Nov 9th took the oath
Today Dec 13th Still waiting for citizenship certificate and tracker still shows oath ceremony in progress?
Are you Ottawa applicant as well?