+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

can-dreamz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Hi All,

I was finally able to talk to an agent today. The agent was not helpful at all. He couldn't even confirm if they received my signed Oath form - says he sees no new update in the system (just the Oath date) and asked me to send an email to the office. So disappointed.

• Sad
Reactions: Wandering Mind

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Thank you for letting me know! Not sure why my IRCC trackers have not been showing any updates. Only ECAS shows "decision made". I hope this won't be any issue and it's just a system glitch. As for IRCC, I have had to call them back to back before they finally say "we are transferring your call to an agent". Most of the times they just say "due to high volume of calls we are unable to transfer you to an agent". But try rigorously and it will connect. Try calling between 10am and 11.30am!
After 5 days, 27 times only today trying to call IRCC, and 47 mins on hold waiting for an agent and another 15 mins for the agent to check my account. The agent confirmed that the Niagra Fall office didn't send anything yet.

I explained my urgency to her and she said: Sorry, there is no procedure from her side to expedite this process as long as it's not 6 weeks from the Oath date yet.

Finally, she said: Congratulations for the citizenship!

Applicant 2021

Nov 14, 2022
After 5 days, 27 times only today trying to call IRCC, and 47 mins on hold waiting for an agent and another 15 mins for the agent to check my account. The agent confirmed that the Niagra Fall office didn't send anything yet.

I explained my urgency to her and she said: Sorry, there is no procedure from her side to expedite this process as long as it's not 6 weeks from the Oath date yet.

Finally, she said: Congratulations for the citizenship!
:( I am sorry to hear that. I also spoke to an agent today, and she said "sorry, I cannot disclose any more information to you that is already visible to you'. I told her my E CAS says "decision made", but trackers don't show any update and I was told by an agent a few weeks back that Niagara Falls office has been asked to schedule my oath, so is there any information on that? And she kept saying "I cannot give any information on that. I will just ask you to keep checking your emails and spam and an officer will contact you." I am also so disheartened, confused and tired. Not sure what this even means... I was hoping I could at least get a follow up on the Niagara Falls thing, but she refused to even mention/acknowledge it and kept asking me to check my email....

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hello again guys,

Just to send some hope there, surprisingly "Alhamdu leAllah" I received the 3 certificates of my family in one envelope today. Looks like the IRCC lady that I called this morning and told me that they didn't send it yet has no Idea about anything and their online system is useless, my status still in progress. I was about to cancel my flight.

Hang on there guys

Last edited:

mechfreak

Sep 25, 2017
Hello again guys,

Just to send some hope there, surprisingly "Alhamdu leAllah" I received the 3 certificates of my family in one envelope today. Looks like the IRCC lady that I called this morning and told me that they didn't send it yet has no Idea about anything and their online system is useless, my status still in progress. I was about to cancel my flight.

Hang on their guys
Congratulations

• Love
Reactions: sallam_ah

Applicant 2021

Nov 14, 2022
Hello again guys,

Hang on there guys
congratulations! I also just got my oath invite :)

kaspersky1

Jul 25, 2015
Well, I finally received my Canadian Passport!!

I was really surprised that it arrived within 13 days of sending the application & citizenship certificite to the Canadian High Commission in London,UK.

It seems that they process passports actually there now instead of sending back to Canada for printing. Win!

thanks all for the support on this forum!

Reactions: sallam_ah

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
Waiting for citizenship ceremony to be scheduled from IRCC office.

I wonder if someone has tried sending email request to niagra falls office to schedule them for citizenship ceremony ?

Can someone please share the experience in this regard and the email address of niagra falls where to send this email request to schedule for citizenship ceremony?

Last edited:

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Waiting for citizenship ceremony to be scheduled from IRCC office.

I wonder if someone has tried sending email request to niagra falls office to schedule them for citizenship ceremony ?

Can someone please share the experience in this regard and the email address of niagra falls where to send this email request to schedule for citizenship ceremony?
No you can't ask the IRCC to do that, but you can reschedule your ceremony after receiving the invitation. If you decided to take the Oath in time and you have urgency to receive your certificate, note the following.

Make sure to show the agent a supporting document other than the booking confirmation such as a medical notice or a working contract. The officers will not accept a family visit as an urgency even if you have a booking confirmation, you have to make it clear that some one is sick or you have a job opportunity, etc.

After the Oath, send the supporting document and the booking confirmation along with the Oath forms and after you include your application information, include a note to mention your urgency.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

mechfreak

Sep 25, 2017
Has anyone that had their oath on Nov 9th at Niagara Falls IRCC that didn’t request urgent processing receive their citizenship certificates by mail as yet?