+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

Prince5

Star Member
Dec 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody else in the same boat or similar? Oath 8th of Nov.. no certificate
What's the turn around for Niagara's office?

can-dreamz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Anybody else in the same boat or similar? Oath 8th of Nov.. no certificate
What's the turn around for Niagara's office?
Same with me. I had my Oath on November 9th & no sign of certificate. My tracker shows that Oath is still in progress. I have heard that NF office is slow and it takes around 2-3 weeks.Hopefully we get it by this week.

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Same with me. I had my Oath on November 9th & no sign of certificate. My tracker shows that Oath is still in progress. I have heard that NF office is slow and it takes around 2-3 weeks.Hopefully we get it by this week.
Have you checked ECAS or your online as well?

Applicant 2021

Nov 14, 2022
Yes. The last update on ECAS was for Oath.
Hi! Does E CAS also give oath notifications? Mine has been saying "decision made" for a few weeks now, and my IRCC online trackers have not been updated. The sections still say "in progress". Spoke to IRCC on phone, they said a message has been sent to Niagara Falls office for scheduling my oath. I don't know what this means. I wonder if it's just a system glitch on my IRCC trackers that are not being updated.

mechfreak

Sep 25, 2017
I am also waiting for my citizenship certificates, my oath was on November 9th however no signs of the certificate as yet
ECAS still shows decision made and the new tracker still shows my Oath as in progress

Reactions: can-dreamz

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hi! Does E CAS also give oath notifications? Mine has been saying "decision made" for a few weeks now, and my IRCC online trackers have not been updated. The sections still say "in progress". Spoke to IRCC on phone, they said a message has been sent to Niagara Falls office for scheduling my oath. I don't know what this means. I wonder if it's just a system glitch on my IRCC trackers that are not being updated.
Note that ECAS only for paper applicant. So, If you clicked the status on ECAS it will show the processing steps. If you are scheduled for Oath, it will show you step 4 as following:

"
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on Month DD, YYYY.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on Month DD, YYYY.
3. We started processing your application on Month DD, YYYY..
4. We sent you a notice on Month DD, YYYY to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on Month DD, YYYY at HH:MM PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. You became a Canadian citizen on Month DD, YYYY.
"

Now I have a question for you. How did you make it and called IRCC, I have been calling them for 4 days but only machines answer me!

Applicant 2021

Nov 14, 2022
Note that ECAS only for paper applicant. So, If you clicked the status on ECAS it will show the processing steps. If you are scheduled for Oath, it will show you step 4 as following:

"
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on Month DD, YYYY.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on Month DD, YYYY.
3. We started processing your application on Month DD, YYYY..
4. We sent you a notice on Month DD, YYYY to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on Month DD, YYYY at HH:MM PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. You became a Canadian citizen on Month DD, YYYY.
"

Now I have a question for you. How did you make it and called IRCC, I have been calling them for 4 days but only machines answer me!
Thank you for letting me know! Not sure why my IRCC trackers have not been showing any updates. Only ECAS shows "decision made". I hope this won't be any issue and it's just a system glitch. As for IRCC, I have had to call them back to back before they finally say "we are transferring your call to an agent". Most of the times they just say "due to high volume of calls we are unable to transfer you to an agent". But try rigorously and it will connect. Try calling between 10am and 11.30am!

mechfreak

Sep 25, 2017
Also not sure if the bad snow storm this past weekend that affected Buffalo and Niagara Falls is also attributing to the delay in our citizenship certificates from being dispatched

Reactions: saou17