Med's Request
07-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2016
Did anyone receive automated reply after sending the oath form ?

Prazzwal

Jul 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2016
File Transfer...
04-10-2016
Med's Request
07-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2016
Thank you for the response. I never received any reply back. I do not know if it is because i replied to the oath email without changing the subject line or is it because of something else. I sent out another email today as a separate email with the subject line "Oath form for ........ " did not receive any automated reply today as well.

CaribbeanSensation

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Thank you for the response. I never received any reply back. I do not know if it is because i replied to the oath email without changing the subject line or is it because of something else. I sent out another email today as a separate email with the subject line "Oath form for ........ " did not receive any automated reply today as well.
Weird. I wonder if maybe not all their emails have an automated reply system. Earlier in the week when I sent a question to their “NGF Scheduling 01” email I didn’t receive an automated reply, but when I sent the form to their “NGF Scheduling 04” email I got the reply. As long as you sent it where they specified in your invitation I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Prazzwal

Jul 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2016
File Transfer...
04-10-2016
Med's Request
07-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2016
Weird. I wonder if maybe not all their emails have an automated reply system. Earlier in the week when I sent a question to their “NGF Scheduling 01” email I didn’t receive an automated reply, but when I sent the form to their “NGF Scheduling 04” email I got the reply. As long as you sent it where they specified in your invitation I’m sure you’ll be fine.
thank you for your response. Really appreciate it. I hope so too.

Gondal27

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Can we apply new Canadian passport abroad after getting the citizenship certificate after oath ceremony or we have to get first passport from within Canada. Is there any restriction? After oath ceremony one will cut PR card and receives citizenship certificate and then one can apply later on from abroad the first Canadian passport. Is that possible or there is any restriction on getting passport from abroad?
Response is appreciated.

CaribbeanSensation

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Can we apply new Canadian passport abroad after getting the citizenship certificate after oath ceremony or we have to get first passport from within Canada. Is there any restriction? After oath ceremony one will cut PR card and receives citizenship certificate and then one can apply later on from abroad the first Canadian passport. Is that possible or there is any restriction on getting passport from abroad?
Response is appreciated.
Seems like it’s possible: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport-abroad.html

Definitely try calling the office you’ll be sending your application to and ask them if they’re still processing those, and how long it’ll take.

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Did anyone receive automated reply after sending the oath form ?
I also did not get any automated response after sending the oath form. My subject line was what they asked me to out in there.
I sent to 'Scheduling-05'. Waiting now.

On the other note, is there a set time when tracker updates to complete after Oath is done?

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Nope. See my signature. Passport applied for in person at Service Canada on Sept 26, where I was given an ETA of early February. But hopefully with the recent progress that has been made tackling the passport backlog since people finished their summer vacations in September, and with the references to 17 weeks removed from the web pages, it will come sooner than that.
Wow that is ridiculously late... Why though?
I went in person this morning and I am scheduled to pick it up on Nov 4th (in 10 business days). They don't even ask for travel plans anymore only for urgent applications they require proof of travel documents now (recently changed). I think they have enough staff and kinda back to normal processing times.
I went in at 6AM (they open @ 8:30 in Ottawa) and I had to wait in line and got in around 9! I submitted application by 10:00 and left.
Funny enough at the beginning they were not accepting my citizenship E-certificate as they asked for the original copy! The guy kept saying we need your original copy and I was like I will never receive any copies other than this printed PDF. This is an E-Certificate and I can only download and print it. I explained this is a new pilot program and they were like well we are not aware of it and you should wait until our policies change. At the end an officer came and she knew about the new e-certificates and she submitted it lol I was getting a heart attack that I won't get a passport until passport Canada recognizes the e-certificates... pfffff

Reactions: iceman55

CaribbeanSensation

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
I went in person this morning and I am scheduled to pick it up on Nov 4th (in 10 business days). They don't even ask for travel plans anymore only for urgent applications they require proof of travel documents now (recently changed). I think they have enough staff and kinda back to normal processing times.
I went in at 6AM (they open @ 8:30 in Ottawa) and I had to wait in line and got in around 9! I submitted application by 10:00 and left.
Funny enough at the beginning they were not accepting my citizenship E-certificate as they asked for the original copy! The guy kept saying we need your original copy and I was like I will never receive any copies other than this printed PDF. This is an E-Certificate and I can only download and print it. I explained this is a new pilot program and they were like well we are not aware of it and you should wait until our policies change. At the end an officer came and she knew about the new e-certificates and she submitted it lol I was getting a heart attack that I won't get a passport until passport Canada recognizes the e-certificates... pfffff
Nice. Did you need the passport for an upcoming trip or did you apply for normal processing? Seems like you didn’t apply for urgent processing.

Also are you referring to the Passport Canada on Meadowlands or the Gatineau one?

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Nice. Did you need the passport for an upcoming trip or did you apply for normal processing? Seems like you didn’t apply for urgent processing.

Also are you referring to the Passport Canada on Meadowlands or the Gatineau one?
I mentioned I have upcoming travel plans but they didn't care they said you can only apply for normal processing and I can pick it up in 10 days.

Applied at Meadowlands...

Reactions: CaribbeanSensation

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
That's the problem with being part of the new pilot program, that it apparently wasn't well publicized. Glad you finally did get an officer in the end who knew about it. I wonder if others in that program who apply by mail and print out a copy of the certificate would encounter problems/delays.

Did you go to Passport Canada or Service Canada? I had gone to the Service Canada, also on Meadowlands next door to the Passport Canada, because at the time, proof of travel was necessary even to go to Passport Canada. When I applied, the official timeline was 17 weeks, and the Service Canada agent gave me that timeline and told me that if I had definite travel plans sooner, it would be better to apply at Passport Canada after I got my tickets. I might need to travel in December but don't have any definite travel plans, will probably depend on the COVID situation at the time as well, so I just went ahead at Service Canada. Hopefully they will take under 17 weeks for mine (ideally by December if I do end up needing to travel!)

Reactions: saou17

asamad88

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
I also did not get any automated response after sending the oath form. My subject line was what they asked me to out in there.
I sent to 'Scheduling-05'. Waiting now.

On the other note, is there a set time when tracker updates to complete after Oath is done?
What questions did the officer asked you during the oath?

I saw someone's post on Facebook, where the oath was cancelled, because english was not good :S