+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Just finished the Oath ceremony!
Finally a citizen whoohooo...
As promised I will brief you on my procedure. I was selected to attend a pilot program by IRCC to receive a PDF certificate instead of a paper one in the mail (called E-Certificate) which will be available to download for life after I become a citizen.
The ceremony was fairly easy and quick, we were only around 50 people and this ceremony was held for ONLY the people who had opted in for the E-Certificate pilot program. We were the first group of citizens in Canada who are receiving E-Certificates (feels kinda special lol).
After the ceremony they mentioned we will be able to download the E-Certificate 2-5 days after sending the signed Oath Affirmation pdf. I asked in the email to make my certificate available ASAP since I am going to travel soon. I will update you when I can download it from the portal they gave me a special invitation code to sign up to the portal and instructions in a separate email than my actual Oath invitation.
Best of luck to all the new, and soon to be Canadian citizens.

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Just finished the Oath ceremony!
Finally a citizen whoohooo...
As promised I will brief you on my procedure. I was selected to attend a pilot program by IRCC to receive a PDF certificate instead of a paper one in the mail (called E-Certificate) which will be available to download for life after I become a citizen.
The ceremony was fairly easy and quick, we were only around 50 people and this ceremony was held for ONLY the people who had opted in for the E-Certificate pilot program. We were the first group of citizens in Canada who are receiving E-Certificates (feels kinda special lol).
After the ceremony they mentioned we will be able to download the E-Certificate 2-5 days after sending the signed Oath Affirmation pdf. I asked in the email to make my certificate available ASAP since I am going to travel soon. I will update you when I can download it from the portal they gave me a special initiation code to sign up.
Best of luck to all the new, and soon to be Canadian citizens.
Congrats. That is cool and special. :D :D

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Okay another update I just got my certificate! Wow it took like 1 hour after the ceremony haha... Time to apply for Passport now....
Congrats! Wow that was super fast, and sounds exciting to be part of the first group getting the e-certificates. Let us know how the passport process goes.

Reactions: rajahoomi

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Have you received yours already? What's your timeline?
Nope. See my signature. Passport applied for in person at Service Canada on Sept 26, where I was given an ETA of early February. But hopefully with the recent progress that has been made tackling the passport backlog since people finished their summer vacations in September, and with the references to 17 weeks removed from the web pages, it will come sooner than that.