+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Can you get a letter from your employer about the need to travel soon? Some others have had luck getting an oath scheduled with Niagara Falls after emailing them about needing to travel for business soon. I think some were able to get it without an employer letter, and others did provide a letter.

Yeah I have noticed that Niagara Falls seems to schedule a bunch of oaths, then go quiet for a couple of weeks. Hopefully the next batch will be coming up soon!

I went to Service Canada to apply for a passport Monday (Sept 26). Relatively painless experience because I was lucky enough to grab a last minute appointment, but they gave an ETA of early February to receive the passport with regular processing! I don't have any travel booked so could not go to the passport office. I might need to travel sooner than then, but I probably won't have a lot of advance notice so did not want to wait a couple months only to find I did not need to travel after all and regret not having submitted for regular processing at Service Canada. More details about my experience here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-passport-in-person-timeline.748892/post-10226979
Just got my Oath Invitation for October 20th... phewwwwwwwwwww

• Love
Reactions: trumprefugee

lingow

Dec 30, 2020
Congrats! Let us know how it goes at the passport office.
No luck today-- I was hoping I could get a number there and come back in 4-5 hours or whatever the wait time, but there appears to be a line you have to be physically present in for a long time. Next day I have the time to do it is Monday; I'll probably go at 6am and just stand in line until I'm served.

• Sad
Reactions: trumprefugee

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Just got my Oath Invitation for October 20th... phewwwwwwwwwww
Congrats!! Niagara Falls oath invites seem to come in batches, so it looks like they have started scheduling for their October batch

Reactions: saou17

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
No luck today-- I was hoping I could get a number there and come back in 4-5 hours or whatever the wait time, but there appears to be a line you have to be physically present in for a long time. Next day I have the time to do it is Monday; I'll probably go at 6am and just stand in line until I'm served.
Ooph I think that's the case at all the passport offices. I recall seeing a sign on the outside door that you have to wait outside until 7 something I think. I saw some people mention that at least at some Toronto area passport offices, the crowd disappears by around noon. Don't know if that's also the case in Ottawa. Hope you have better luck Monday!

Reactions: lingow

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
My app status changed to closed on 9/29 for my oath on 9/13.
My spouse's app status also closed on 9/30 for oath on 9/27. As you can see way faster.
Neither certificate received yet.

To me it looks like it depends a lot on the agent who registers/processes your case. Mine was a lousy dead-beat while my spouse's agent seemed more active and knowledgeable and the results above show for themselves.

It's possible my spouse's certificate may arrive before mine, just like so many others with a later oath date. At least we'll get one done.

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Some useful info for future citizens....

So in my application I had the option to opt in for E-Certificate which I did. They sent me a letter with the TEST email if I am interested in opting for the E-Certificate pilot program. I replied to the email and asked to receive e-certificate instead of paper one.
I received an instructions email last week (after my Oath date was scheduled) on how to download my Certificate 2-5 days after the oath ceremony.
The email contains an INVITATION CODE, to create an account on a specific Portal.
I created a new account and I will only be able to download the Certificate once it is available after the ceremony. This will let me download my e-certificate once it is ready indefinitely from this portal.
There is no difference between E-Certificate and Paper once in terms of usage and you can print as many copies as you want. It can be used to apply for a passport or as a proof of citizenship to any agency. This is going to be the future of citizenship certificates and more and more newer citizens will get their certificates electronically like mine.
The advantages of e-certificate are:
- You will never worry about loosing your certificate since it is available to download anytime needed.
- You will not have to worry about your certificate getting lost/delayed in the mail after the oath ceremony.

I will let you guys know when I will have access to mine for download after my oath ceremony on Oct 20th.

dj0

Dec 30, 2021

So in my application I had the option to opt in for E-Certificate which I did. They sent me a letter with the TEST email if I am interested in opting for the E-Certificate pilot program. I replied to the email and asked to receive e-certificate instead of paper one.
I received an instructions email last week (after my Oath date was scheduled) on how to download my Certificate 2-5 days after the oath ceremony.
The email contains an INVITATION CODE, to create an account on a specific Portal.
I created a new account and I will only be able to download the Certificate once it is available after the ceremony. This will let me download my e-certificate once it is ready indefinitely from this portal.
There is no difference between E-Certificate and Paper once in terms of usage and you can print as many copies as you want. It can be used to apply for a passport or as a proof of citizenship to any agency. This is going to be the future of citizenship certificates and more and more newer citizens will get their certificates electronically like mine.
- You will never worry about loosing your certificate since it is available to download anytime needed.
- You will not have to worry about your certificate getting lost/delayed in the mail after the oath ceremony.

I will let you guys know when I will have access to mine for download after my oath ceremony on Oct 20th.
This is amazing! Thanks for providing this info.

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014

Where did you see this option show up? "So in my application I had the option to opt in for E-Certificate which I did"

hieprock

Sep 7, 2018
Anyone here had Oath Ceremony on Sep 13,2022 still haven't received the Certificate ?

Oath Ceremony : Sep 13
Case updated : Sep 14
Case closed : Sep 15

The agent sent a couple of emails to confirm they mailed out my certificate on Sep 15 but it's been more than 2 weeks already ,I still haven't received anything yet though my address is just 1 hr away from the office.

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Anyone here had Oath Ceremony on Sep 13,2022 still haven't received the Certificate ?

Oath Ceremony : Sep 13
Case updated : Sep 14
Case closed : Sep 15

The agent sent a couple of emails to confirm they mailed out my certificate on Sep 15 but it's been more than 2 weeks already ,I still haven't received anything yet though my address is just 1 hr away from the office.
Mine is pending. See details above. You're lucky your case closed in just 1 day.

hieprock

Sep 7, 2018
Mine is pending. See details above. You're lucky your case closed in just 1 day.
I guess. But the thing im worried now is the agent confirmed twice they already mailed it out but its been more than 2 weeks. I dont know if its lost or something

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
I guess. But the thing im worried now is the agent confirmed twice they already mailed it out but its been more than 2 weeks. I dont know if its lost or something
The agents couldn't find their own butt with their own two hands if asked to. That's the level of incompetence we're dealing with here. No one knows anything at IRCC. It's totally random and per chance how it works; if and when it works.

Just try to stay positive and hope that we don't end up in the percentage of people who're waiting months/years for their certificate. We got this far at least.

avijitmallick

Dec 3, 2019
My oath ceremony has been scheduled for the 18th of October (according to the tracker) but I still did not receive an email with instructions. Can you please reply if you are in the same situation? Thanks a lot.
Processing office: Niagara