Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
On today's 9/27 NGF office oath for my spouse there was no mention of "Instructions for Post Ceremony Administration" and neither on 9/13 oath for me with NGF.
We sent oath forms to the email address mentioned on the oath form itself, which matched the email the oath invitation came from.

There is one difference though: My oath invitation and oath form had email with the words 'Scheduling-01' in it while my spouse has 'Scheduling-06'. Apart from the number, everything else in the email address is the exact same.
Those are different email addresses. If you look at the actual email addresses, I bet they would be
IRCC.DNCitNGFScheduling01-ConvocationNGFCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
IRCC.DNCitNGFScheduling06-ConvocationNGFCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Apparently Niagara Falls has quite a few of these scheduling addresses, as my invitation came from Scheduling-03 and "Instructions for Post Ceremony Administration" came from Scheduling-07. And each of these addresses sent me an automated reply.

But if you guys did not get the post-ceremony email, then you both probably did everything right and just have to wait.

I notice that you both had your oaths on Tuesdays. Mine was on Wednesday the 14th. Maybe different clerks and judges handle different days of the week and are better/worse at closing the applications and mailing out the certificates?

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Those are different email addresses. If you look at the actual email addresses, I bet they would be

Apparently Niagara Falls has quite a few of these scheduling addresses, as my invitation came from Scheduling-03 and "Instructions for Post Ceremony Administration" came from Scheduling-07. And each of these addresses sent me an automated reply.

But if you guys did not get the post-ceremony email, then you both probably did everything right and just have to wait.

I notice that you both had your oaths on Tuesdays. Mine was on Wednesday the 14th. Maybe different clerks and judges handle different days of the week and are better/worse at closing the applications and mailing out the certificates?
Yes, those addresses are the ones above.
The clerk, judge and the initial call-onboarder were the same. Only the agent who registers(where you cut-up the card and confirm details 1:1) was different this time for my spouse.

emmycad

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Anyone who had oath on 21st sept 8.15am batch from Niagara office had their application closed or certificate received?

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018

Do you think I can send an email to these and ask for urgent oath? It will shock them probably lol

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Do you think I can send an email to these and ask for urgent oath? It will shock them probably lol
In the notice to appear PDF they send before the oath they mention

If you need to travel urgently and will require your Permanent Resident card to return to Canada, contact us as soon as possible with details. Please be aware that we may not be able to process your request urgently; you may wish to postpone your citizenship ceremony temporarily. Also read the “Information about Passports” below.

Worth a shot asking, worst case they will respond with the same text copy and pasted from the invite ;)

dj0

Dec 30, 2021
Joining this thread as based on my test invite, my processing office is NGF.

Full timeline in signature.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I guess it's worth a try! I think most people who have contacted them just replied to the test invite email, but I know some people at least from other offices like Scarborough also emailed the oath scheduling emails.

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
I guess it's worth a try! I think most people who have contacted them just replied to the test invite email, but I know some people at least from other offices like Scarborough also emailed the oath scheduling emails.
Next week will mark my 2 months of wait for the Oath after everything complete! I have emailed them twice asking for urgent processing. Last time they responded "Your application is in queue to be scheduled into next available oath ceremony"! No invites yet after almost two months of their email!
I called IRCC yesterday the agent said there is nothing mentioned in my application about urgent processing! He said they are generally doing oath ceremonies quiet frequently (but he didn't know about the Niagara Office). He also suggested to submit a webform for urgent processing which I did yesterday.
I am coming to the conclusion that the people reading emails at the offices don't have any power, they are like the agents who can only read and give you an update mostly!
I also haven't seen anyone recently in this forum getting oath invites for the Niagara Office... Maybe they haven't scheduled one yet after the one you guys attended. Just so frustrating...
What is your passport situation btw? Would love to know your experience about that...

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Got my certificate today, from Sept. 14th ceremony. Off to the passport office tomorrow!
Congrats! Let us know how it goes at the passport office. On Monday I went to the Service Canada next door to the passport office in Ottawa, after being lucky enough to snag a last minute appointment the day before, since I don't have travel plans booked, and I did see a line outside the passport office but it did not look bad at all. People were lined up in the hallway outside the office but at least still indoors.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Next week will mark my 2 months of wait for the Oath after everything complete! I have emailed them twice asking for urgent processing. Last time they responded "Your application is in queue to be scheduled into next available oath ceremony"! No invites yet after almost two months of their email!
I called IRCC yesterday the agent said there is nothing mentioned in my application about urgent processing! He said they are generally doing oath ceremonies quiet frequently (but he didn't know about the Niagara Office). He also suggested to submit a webform for urgent processing which I did yesterday.
I am coming to the conclusion that the people reading emails at the offices don't have any power, they are like the agents who can only read and give you an update mostly!
I also haven't seen anyone recently in this forum getting oath invites for the Niagara Office... Maybe they haven't scheduled one yet after the one you guys attended. Just so frustrating...
What is your passport situation btw? Would love to know your experience about that...
Can you get a letter from your employer about the need to travel soon? Some others have had luck getting an oath scheduled with Niagara Falls after emailing them about needing to travel for business soon. I think some were able to get it without an employer letter, and others did provide a letter.

Yeah I have noticed that Niagara Falls seems to schedule a bunch of oaths, then go quiet for a couple of weeks. Hopefully the next batch will be coming up soon!

I went to Service Canada to apply for a passport Monday (Sept 26). Relatively painless experience because I was lucky enough to grab a last minute appointment, but they gave an ETA of early February to receive the passport with regular processing! I don't have any travel booked so could not go to the passport office. I might need to travel sooner than then, but I probably won't have a lot of advance notice so did not want to wait a couple months only to find I did not need to travel after all and regret not having submitted for regular processing at Service Canada. More details about my experience here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-passport-in-person-timeline.748892/post-10226979

kaspersky1

Jul 25, 2015
FWIW- I received my oath invitation last week for Oct 18th from Niagara Falls Office. I was waiting from July 23 when everything completed on my application. I just received email instructions for virtual oath yesterday.

Reactions: trumprefugee