AOR Received.
7-10-2016
Passport Req..
17-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Has anyone of Aug 23rd ceremony received the citizenship certificate ?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
How often do they schedule ceremonies? Is it like every day or a few times a week?
I've been wondering this as well. Seems that Niagara Falls was having fewer ceremonies since some time in June but might be picking up recently. I know a lot of people had one on Aug 23 and there is one scheduled for September 6, and I and at least one other person in this forum am scheduled for September 14.

Anyone else scheduled for oath in Niagara Falls office? (Look at the email that your oath invite came from to know which office) Let's try to keep a list of dates and get an idea of the frequency of oaths.

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
I've been wondering this as well. Seems that Niagara Falls was having fewer ceremonies since some time in June but might be picking up recently. I know a lot of people had one on Aug 23 and there is one scheduled for September 6, and I and at least one other person in this forum am scheduled for September 14.

Anyone else scheduled for oath in Niagara Falls office? (Look at the email that your oath invite came from to know which office) Let's try to keep a list of dates and get an idea of the frequency of oaths.
I know a high level manager at IRCC who told me they usually schedule ceremonies once they have enough applicants approved! He also mentioned IRCC needs to hire at least 1200 new people to catch up with their backlog and they may have only hired a few hundred within the last few months since the hiring process takes a long time in the government... But anyways I assume since they have a huge queue of approved applicants right now they should be scheduling back to back! But they are also short in staff so that could impact it a lot... oh well

I am personally not super unhappy since my application is actually still under 1 year timeline and I am only waiting for the ceremony... I have a friend who has been waiting since 2019... He is super unhappy...
The only issue for me is that I need it to be done so I can travel for work internationally... now I am kinda stuck

Last edited:

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I know a high level manager at IRCC who told me they usually schedule ceremonies once they have enough applicants approved! He also mentioned IRCC needs to hire at least 1200 new people to catch up with their backlog and they may have only hired a few hundred within the last few months since the hiring process takes a long time in the government... But anyways I assume since they have a huge queue of approved applicants right now they should be scheduling back to back! But they are also short in staff so that could impact it a lot... oh well

I am personally not super unhappy since my application is actually still under 1 year timeline and I am only waiting for the ceremony... I have a friend who has been waiting since 2019... He is super unhappy...
The only issue for me is that I need it to be done so I can travel for work internationally... now I am kinda stuck
Once they have enough applicants approved? There is a backlog of approved applicants waiting for oath, or at least that's what it sounds like from one of the responses someone else got after emailing Niagara Falls. So probably there is a shortage of staff, including people taking summer vacations over the past few months?

But if you need to travel for work soon, you should write to them asking to be scheduled for oath ASAP. They might also ask you for a letter from your employer explaining your need to travel soon.

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Once they have enough applicants approved? There is a backlog of approved applicants waiting for oath, or at least that's what it sounds like from one of the responses someone else got after emailing Niagara Falls. So probably there is a shortage of staff, including people taking summer vacations over the past few months?

But if you need to travel for work soon, you should write to them asking to be scheduled for oath ASAP. They might also ask you for a letter from your employer explaining your need to travel soon.
I already did email the office (through their email address) and they pretty much ignored what I asked saying thanks for your patience lol...
But I will request a formal webform if I won't get an invite by the end of this week...

• Sad
Reactions: trumprefugee

anurag0071

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Finally, Tracker updated to In-progress with oath scheduled on Sep 13 .. no email yet

Ottawa applicant, Transferred to Niagara

May 2020 applicant
Background May 2021
Test June 2021
All completed in June
Same here. received invite as well as email. Ottawa applicant transferred to Niagra via Hamilton

anurag0071

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Those who took their oath recently knows how much time do they take to send the certificate?

I am scheduled for 13 September

raamsen

Nov 5, 2016

when i emailed to ask about oath during Aug 1st week, they told me it takes 2-4 months from the time app is approved. they also told me mine is waiting for next available event to be scheduled soon. from their response, it looks like they are waiting for considerable no of people from the same office to be available for oath before its scheduled

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
when i emailed to ask about oath during Aug 1st week, they told me it takes 2-4 months from the time app is approved. they also told me mine is waiting for next available event to be scheduled soon. from their response, it looks like they are waiting for considerable no of people from the same office to be available for oath before its scheduled
Yeah that's the response I got too... But I saw 2 other people here in the forums who got their application approved the same date as me in the Niagara Office (August 3rd) and they got their oath invite on August 18... Have no clue why I didn't get invited even though I requested for a fast processing. I have opt in for the e-certificate and I'm getting suspicious they're not ready to issue e-certs yet and that's why I'm not getting oath invite...