+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Email Niagara Falls IRCC first, If they ask for a letter from your employer, then ask. No need to include one just yet
I emailed them and explained my work situation requested for fast processing with supporting documents. They responded I'm in the queue for the ceremony but they're unable to give me a timeline even though they're trying as fast as they can.
Literally almost ignored my request just saying we are trying fast. But said soon I should get invitation.
Hope it won't be months... Lol what's the average timeline from DM to oath in Niagara office?

Reactions: trumprefugee

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I emailed them and explained my work situation requested for fast processing with supporting documents. They responded I'm in the queue for the ceremony but they're unable to give me a timeline even though they're trying as fast as they can.
Literally almost ignored my request just saying we are trying fast. But said soon I should get invitation.
Hope it won't be months... Lol what's the average timeline from DM to oath in Niagara office?
At least they did tell you that they are trying fast! They didn't even tell me that. I only got the vague message below. The average time from DM to oath for Niagara seemed to be the same as the national average of about 1-2 weeks, with the overwhelming majority falling between 1 day and 3 weeks, but maybe at certain times of year, more of us get very delayed? It seems that currently I'm the only one processed by Niagara from the start who has been waiting a lot longer than that (almost 2 months and counting), but if you read the messages in this thread from late 2021 to Feb 2022, there were a few others who waited 3 months.

Your application is currently in queue to receive a notification to appear for ceremony in the coming months. Please hold off from booking travel so as not to invalidate your PR Status after having taken the Canadian Citizenship Oath.

Should you need to request urgency, please clearly provide your UCI/Application Number, the reason you are requesting urgency and any additional documents that prove urgency. Please note, leisure travel will not be approved for urgency.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
At least they did tell you that they are trying fast! They didn't even tell me that. I only got the vague message below. The average time from DM to oath for Niagara seemed to be the same as the national average of about 1-2 weeks, with the overwhelming majority falling between 1 day and 3 weeks, but maybe at certain times of year, more of us get very delayed? It seems that currently I'm the only one processed by Niagara from the start who has been waiting a lot longer than that (almost 2 months and counting), but if you read the messages in this thread from late 2021 to Feb 2022, there were a few others who waited 3 months.

Your application is currently in queue to receive a notification to appear for ceremony in the coming months. Please hold off from booking travel so as not to invalidate your PR Status after having taken the Canadian Citizenship Oath.

Should you need to request urgency, please clearly provide your UCI/Application Number, the reason you are requesting urgency and any additional documents that prove urgency. Please note, leisure travel will not be approved for urgency.
I've been reading your comments here, and I am sorry that your application got delayed. IRCC makes no sense when they delay online apps and complete paper apps (I was reading on the forum here that some applied in jan 2022 on paper and got their oath invitation). I seriously hope you hear from IRCC in the soonest about your oath. As to me, I am not even in that stage yet. Just completed the test, and it looks like it will take weeks if not months before I could see a decision made or an oath invitation (online October applicant here).

yeezee

Aug 23, 2019
I think they are really "trying their fast". From my recent communication with the office this month, it seems that the people on vacation are back and things get moving faster.

Mrz

Jul 22, 2022
Hi folks, can someone share nigara falls office email address, my app got transferred to Niagara office for oath recently.

much appreciated!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I've been reading your comments here, and I am sorry that your application got delayed. IRCC makes no sense when they delay online apps and complete paper apps (I was reading on the forum here that some applied in jan 2022 on paper and got their oath invitation). I seriously hope you hear from IRCC in the soonest about your oath. As to me, I am not even in that stage yet. Just completed the test, and it looks like it will take weeks if not months before I could see a decision made or an oath invitation (online October applicant here).
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I recently saw reports of a few Feb and March paper applicants who got oath in July! Backlogs I can understand, even if I'm not happy with them, but I just find it completely unacceptable for IRCC to be so heavily prioritizing 2022 paper applicants and leaving many 2021, 2020, and 2019 applications to rot away.

It has been pretty common for online applicants to wait too many months between test and DM, but it's rare for any kind of applicant 2021 and onward to be taking as long as I've been waiting to get an oath invitation after DM.

Reactions: saou17

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018