Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
@canadiantica15 @drkobra - did you guys receive the oath invitation? I just received it for May 11 but it says below:

Video oath ceremony Date and Time: 2022/05/11 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 8:15 AM (Time Zone) (Canada)

For everyone it usually says EDT or some other timezone but in my case it just says "Time Zone" - This is really stupid. I think they just forgot to add the timezone but instead added the word Time Zone. Please let me know if you are in same situation. Sender email id : <ircc.dncitngfscheduling01-convocationngfcitrn.ircc@cic.gc.ca>

@harirajmohan can you advise?
I came here to ask the same question. I received the 8:15 ceremony time as well including (time zone). I would assume it’s EST but with IRCC I don’t like to take that chance…and not the first mistake with an email template they sent me.

I will respond just to confirm and get back to you both!

lincolnys

Apr 25, 2021
@canadiantica15 @drkobra - did you guys receive the oath invitation? I just received it for May 11 but it says below:

Video oath ceremony Date and Time: 2022/05/11 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 8:15 AM (Time Zone) (Canada)

For everyone it usually says EDT or some other timezone but in my case it just says "Time Zone" - This is really stupid. I think they just forgot to add the timezone but instead added the word Time Zone. Please let me know if you are in same situation. Sender email id : <ircc.dncitngfscheduling01-convocationngfcitrn.ircc@cic.gc.ca>

@harirajmohan can you advise?
I have the same date as you and I am here to ask the same question. Our office is Niagara Falls, so I am already in the same time zone. I think we will be okay.

Reactions: svk1520

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Same way as i am in Detroit and will attend oath in windsor and my address is edmonton hence my friend will send certificate to US. Later i am planning to drive to windsor to apply for passport(if they accept it).
Hi, I plan to have my friend send me the certificate to USA and later thinking will apply for Passport from USA.
@harirajmohan I see you plan to drive to Windsor after u get the certificate mailed to you in USA.
Do you think we can cross the boarder with Certificate only? As in the oath ceremony they will have us destroy the PR card so was wondering if this plan will work out? Unless you have US passport?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi, I plan to have my friend send me the certificate to USA and later thinking will apply for Passport from USA.
@harirajmohan I see you plan to drive to Windsor after u get the certificate mailed to you in USA.
Do you think we can cross the boarder with Certificate only? As in the oath ceremony they will have us destroy the PR card so was wondering if this plan will work out? Unless you have US passport?
Certificate + Current Passport which is what i saw people using via land trip even though we cant board any bus/plane. Also called the border to confirm. You can confirm with border.
You cant use pr card.
US passport cannot have special privilege unless you prove to be citizen which is the certificate along with any passport.

Reactions: RoseDB

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Certificate + Current Passport which is what i saw people using via land trip even though we cant board any bus/plane. Also called the border to confirm. You can confirm with border.
You cant use pr card.
US passport cannot have special privilege unless you prove to be citizen which is the certificate along with any passport.
Thanks for your reply. It helped me a lot.
All the best!

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
I have the same date as you and I am here to ask the same question. Our office is Niagara Falls, so I am already in the same time zone. I think we will be okay.
They confirmed via email - it’s in EDT :) we are almost there folks!

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
April 19th oath at Niagara Falls ( Kitchener app) - received certificate today . Stamp on envelope dated 4/22
Me too, I received my citizenship certificate today.

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

summaiya_t

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
June 24th application delivered.
  • submitted finger prints as requested : Jan 20
  • Fingerprint received by IRCC: Feb 23
  • Background verification marked complete : Feb 24
  • language , prohibitions, physical presence completed:March 18th
  • Tracker updated with oath date : March 30.
  • Received email for oath : SATURDAY April 9th From Niagara Falls office ( all other processing before now was done at Kitchener.
    Oath date: April 19th
Hi, one question please. On March 18 your steps got completed. Do you remember when your tracker showed oath in progress (from oath not started).

Reactions: kareem19

kpsingh242424

Mar 10, 2019
hey guys, I just received the invite for my oath ceremony on may 11 too. but, I am not in canada, I return in end of May.
It is just too hard to predict IRCC timelines :(
Now, when I asked them for a reschedule I received the following response:

Good Day
You have been sent a Notice to Appear for the Oath of Citizenship under sections 13.2(1)(b) and 23.1 of the Citizenship Act. Please note the Notice to Appear is not an invitation as there is no discretion on whether to attend or not.

A request to reschedule a Citizenship Ceremony event is only considered under exceptional circumstances, i.e. death of an immediate family member, hospitalization of an immediate family member, or other situation of emergency/ critical nature etc. Each request must be made in writing and must be accompanied by the supporting documentation i.e. death certificates, doctor’s notes, departure and return airline tickets or documentation to support the request etc.

If you feel that your circumstance warrants review under this criteria you may submit a request via email to this address. This request should clearly outline why your situation is exceptional and needs to have all supporting documentation included when you submit the request. Once received it will be reviewed and you will be notified whether your request will be accommodated.

If you have already missed your Citizenship Ceremony, please submit a detailed explanation as to why you were unable to attend and include any documentation you may have to support your request.

Thank you,
Niagara Falls

IRCC

My situation is not an emergency situation, does this mean I have re-apply for my citizenship application again? I did raise webform to inform IRCC regarding my travel beforehand, but they still sent the Notice to Appear for a date that I am traveling.
What are my options now? :(

Much thanks!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
hey guys, I just received the invite for my oath ceremony on may 11 too. but, I am not in canada, I return in end of May.
It is just too hard to predict IRCC timelines :(
Now, when I asked them for a reschedule I received the following response:

Good Day
You have been sent a Notice to Appear for the Oath of Citizenship under sections 13.2(1)(b) and 23.1 of the Citizenship Act. Please note the Notice to Appear is not an invitation as there is no discretion on whether to attend or not.

A request to reschedule a Citizenship Ceremony event is only considered under exceptional circumstances, i.e. death of an immediate family member, hospitalization of an immediate family member, or other situation of emergency/ critical nature etc. Each request must be made in writing and must be accompanied by the supporting documentation i.e. death certificates, doctor’s notes, departure and return airline tickets or documentation to support the request etc.

If you feel that your circumstance warrants review under this criteria you may submit a request via email to this address. This request should clearly outline why your situation is exceptional and needs to have all supporting documentation included when you submit the request. Once received it will be reviewed and you will be notified whether your request will be accommodated.

If you have already missed your Citizenship Ceremony, please submit a detailed explanation as to why you were unable to attend and include any documentation you may have to support your request.

Thank you,
Niagara Falls

IRCC

My situation is not an emergency situation, does this mean I have re-apply for my citizenship application again? I did raise webform to inform IRCC regarding my travel beforehand, but they still sent the Notice to Appear for a date that I am traveling.
What are my options now? :(

Much thanks!
There is an email in that invite which you can use it to ask them to postpone for certain weeks(whenever you planned to return).
You wont reapply just because of postponing/skipping oath. They will place the file as abandoned if you miss possible 2 oath dates and without informing them. So Inform them and you would get next oath after few weeks/months.
Many request to postpone since they are outside hence its normal for cic to hear this kind of request from candidates.

Reactions: kpsingh242424

kpsingh242424

Mar 10, 2019
There is an email in that invite which you can use it to ask them to postpone for certain weeks(whenever you planned to return).
You wont reapply just because of postponing/skipping oath. They will place the file as abandoned if you miss possible 2 oath dates and without informing them. So Inform them and you would get next oath after few weeks/months.
Many request to postpone since they are outside hence its normal for cic to hear this kind of request from candidates.
I have already responded to the email received and this is the response they sent me. I hope they respond with a new date soon

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
April 19th oath at Niagara Falls (from Ottawa), got the certificate yesterday (April 29).
Are you applying for the passport any time soon?
Wow great turnaround! Btw - Ottawa area too and just a heads up if you don’t have any upcoming travel the earliest available passport appointment was June 28 so we booked it in hopes certificate will be received by then from May 11 oath.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
April 19th oath at Niagara Falls (from Ottawa), got the certificate yesterday (April 29).
Are you applying for the passport any time soon?
Hey ! I already submitted my passport application as a walk in at Service Canada .