+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS Card

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Hi Guys,
I do not know if it is a bit of off topic but I called NEXUS program people and they said that for any PR, 3 year residency is required. I thought after amendments they have gotten rid of that for most PRs barring some. But I failed to find the list of those barred or approved (country specific I guess). Does anybody know this 3 year residency was revoked or not? If so, do you have any inkling of such a list?

Thanks
Sam

prudhvi

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3 years residency before applying nexus card?
Any where in the north america is counted?

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
3 years residency before applying nexus card?
Any where in the north america is counted?
I think so, in other forums they have discussed this and they say you are potentially eligible, but not sure. I think I will try, I am here in Canada for 5 years, prior to this I was in the US

prudhvi

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think so, in other forums they have discussed this and they say you are potentially eligible, but not sure. I think I will try, I am here in Canada for 5 years, prior to this I was in the US
Where are you living now? in Windsor?
i lived in Canada from 2011 to April 2016. (Permanent resident from March 2015 )
Moved to states in May 2016. Now got an opportunity in Detroit downtown which is like 5-10 kms from Windsor.
Planning to stay in Windsor and do daily commute.
If you get any information about nexus card Eligibility can you post it here?

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Where are you living now? in Windsor?
i lived in Canada from 2011 to April 2016. (Permanent resident from March 2015 )
Moved to states in May 2016. Now got an opportunity in Detroit downtown which is like 5-10 kms from Windsor.
Planning to stay in Windsor and do daily commute.
If you get any information about nexus card Eligibility can you post it here?
No I live in Calgary. But definitely I will put info here if I get to know more. BTW you cross border everyday I guess, may I ask how long does it take to cross the border each way? I assume that is a hectic task as a daily commuter.

prudhvi

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No I live in Calgary. But definitely I will put info here if I get to know more. BTW you cross border everyday I guess, may I ask how long does it take to cross the border each way? I assume that is a hectic task as a daily commuter.
Not yet started...i am planning to start from september
From Windsor to Detroit it will be really quick and we also have public transportation daily.