+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nexus Card updating after becoming a citizen - new card?

Tony98

Sep 25, 2018
Hello! I just became a Canadian citizen and I've already gone to a NEXUS office and added my Canadian passport. In the NEXUS system, my previous foreign citizenship still has a golden flag on the left side, my Canadian citizenship doesn't have a golden flag. Is there some mistake? Does it mean my primary citizenship is not Canadian? Also I can see my Canadian PR card information still in the system. WIll it be a problem?
The officer took my NEXUS and told me replace a new card online. I'm worry about in current situation the new card still list my foreign citizenship instead of Canadian.

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Hello! I just became a Canadian citizen and I've already gone to a NEXUS office and added my Canadian passport. In the NEXUS system, my previous foreign citizenship still has a golden flag on the left side, my Canadian citizenship doesn't have a golden flag. Is there some mistake? Does it mean my primary citizenship is not Canadian? Also I can see my Canadian PR card information still in the system. WIll it be a problem?
The officer took my NEXUS and told me replace a new card online. I'm worry about in current situation the new card still list my foreign citizenship instead of Canadian.
Did you get to the main desks with the uniformed US CBP officer? Or have you only been dealing with the "gatekeeper" at the front first point of contact?

It sounds like you have a very similar situation I had, where the first guy did eventually update my account but he didn't do it entirely properly. I had to go back and inform then that my account still had an incorrect travel document (my PR Card) listed, and I had to insist that I get to an actual officer for them to fix it.

I'd suggest going back and doing that, and then ask them which nationality the system had you as default. Do this before ordering a new card - I don't know if it makes a difference, but this is what I did and it worked out correct in the end.

Tony98

Sep 25, 2018
Did you get to the main desks with the uniformed US CBP officer? Or have you only been dealing with the "gatekeeper" at the front first point of contact?

It sounds like you have a very similar situation I had, where the first guy did eventually update my account but he didn't do it entirely properly. I had to go back and inform then that my account still had an incorrect travel document (my PR Card) listed, and I had to insist that I get to an actual officer for them to fix it.

I'd suggest going back and doing that, and then ask them which nationality the system had you as default. Do this before ordering a new card - I don't know if it makes a difference, but this is what I did and it worked out correct in the end.
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure that I met uniformed US CBP officer. Very disappointed about it. It looks like I have to go NEXUS office again and correct the mistakes.

Tony98

Sep 25, 2018
I solved my problem. I went to NEXUS office again. I asked them to change my Canadian citizenship to the "primary citizenship" and delete Canadian PR card in system because it's no long valid. Now in the system my Canadian citizenship has a golden flag. Every thing is done!