+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS CARD APPLICATION -Canadian citizens and permanent residents/American citizens and permanent residents

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Student Visa in 2011 for Postgraduate at Niagara Ontario
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
Did anyone apply for NEXUS Card recently. Just want to know the types of questions they normally ask during the interview.
WHAT IS NEXUS?
NEXUS Card provides premium travel across the US-Canada border and gives expedited entry back into Canada and the United States, when you travel by air, land or sea. You don’t need to wait in line, show a passport or answer a stream of questions from customs officials. The NEXUS pass is valid for 5 years and is available to Canadian and American citizens and permanent residents of both countries.

NEXUS Canada
Canadian citizens and permanent residents can apply or renew NEXUS Canada here. We provide an efficient and seamless service so that you can expedite your border crossings. You are required to attend a 30 minute interview at an enrollment center on the US – Canada border or at a Canadian airport. The interview is conducted by agents from the Canada Border Services Agency and US Customs & Border Protection. When your application is submitted, background and security checks are conducted – the average processing time is 6 months (some applications are faster – some take longer). After this time you must schedule an interview at an enrollment center.

NEXUS USA
American citizens and permanent residents can apply or renew NEXUS here. We provide an efficient and seamless service so that you can expedite your border crossings. You are required to attend a 30 minute interview at an enrollment center on the US – Canada border or at a Canadian airport. The interview is conducted by agents from US Customs & Border Protection and the Canada Border Services Agency. When your application is submitted, background and security checks are conducted – the average processing time is 6 months (some applications are faster – some take longer). After this time you must schedule an interview at an enrollment center.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Did anyone apply for NEXUS Card recently. Just want to know the types of questions they normally ask during the interview.
They just want to see if you have purpose to cross borders often to issue the card. Nothing much.

Do you cross the border often?
Do you work or do business in US?
Where do you stay(about the country of residence)?

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
Note that the enrollment centres are currently closed with no re-opening date set, so expect a long application process (just like citizenship right now ;) )

Ajkenniek

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Calgary
Med's Request
May 27,2017
Med's Done....
June 3,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Student Visa in 2011 for Postgraduate at Niagara Ontario
LANDED..........
June 29, 2017
They just want to see if you have purpose to cross borders often to issue the card. Nothing much.

Do you cross the border often?
Do you work or do business in US?
Where do you stay(about the country of residence)?
Thanks

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
In fact, this card helped me a lot once when I lost my passport. I think this is a great opportunity for US residents to cross the border without any problems. I completely disagree with the fact that it is now a problem to get this card. At the moment, the online application process is open and I was able to make my card thanks to the apply for a nexus card and was able to easily cross the border when I wanted to attend a conference in Vancouver. You should study all the advantages of this card more precisely. I don't know about the others, but I travel a lot in Canada because that's where I work, and in order to avoid problems at the borders, I made a nexus card that allows me to travel without border control.
Thanks for your reply. I have applied from Canada and the enrollment interview date has been pushed about 4 times already. How were you able to manage to complete the application please if the centers are apparently closed?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Just to note, crossing the border often enough to merit getting the card is not criteria to get one, or not. When asked why, I simply said I was handed a brochure when returning to Canada once and I wanted to make crossing the border more expeditious. Also note, you are still subject to border control only it goes much faster. Crossings by car are WAY faster if there is a NEXUS lane available where you cross.

Last edited:

SimonAitch

Star Member
Sep 20, 2020
Slightly off topic, hope this does not derail the OP.

What steps do I take when my citizenship changes to Canadian. Is my Nexus card still valid ?

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do have family in the US and precovid I would visit 3/4 times a year.. always wanted to apply for nexus but people kept saying it’s only if you frequently cross the border, how true is this and can I still apply?

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I do have family in the US and precovid I would visit 3/4 times a year.. always wanted to apply for nexus but people kept saying it’s only if you frequently cross the border, how true is this and can I still apply?
It’s not true at all. You can apply and get Nexus even if you only use it once every few years. I have it and was only going back once or twice a year for a while. How often you go is not a factor in whether or not you are approved.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Slightly off topic, hope this does not derail the OP.

What steps do I take when my citizenship changes to Canadian. Is my Nexus card still valid ?
I’m in the same boat. Have Nexus and just became a citizen. You are supposed to go to an enrollment center to update your immigration status on your card, it cannot be done over the phone. However, all centers are closed until the boarder reopens. So, you’d run into issues using the card since your immigration status is different than what is stated on your card.

Reactions: SimonAitch