+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS application

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
Fixed. Thank you for the help, bud. The guy who helped me was awesome and said we'll request a new card for ya once the current one has been printed; can't request a new one right now.
No worries... :) Meanwhile, you can check your ttp page and see the " Activate Membership Card" tab appear or not. If it does, it means your card is printed. Hope this helps

Reactions: zagcollins

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
No worries... :) Meanwhile, you can check your ttp page and see the " Activate Membership Card" tab appear or not. If it does, it means your card is printed. Hope this helps
yep. they informed me about this yesterday and today they let me know that I'll be getting two cards at this point; just destroy the Indian citizenship one.

Takita

May 12, 2021
If you have a Canadian passport, you will get Global Entry and TSA Pre-Check benefits with Nexus.

It happened to me too. When I applied, my passport was Indian, and when I went for an interview, I had my Canadian Citizenship. The officer didn't update this information in my TTP account, and hence I, did not see the TSA pre-check in my TTP account. But I called the enrollment centre, and they corrected my profile, I could see the " TSA PreCheck included " while on the call when they updated this infomation. My second card was issued the same day with no fee.
I just called detr0it enr0llment center where I t00k interview. 0fficer said to use passid for TSA PreCheck and it's included by default. When I said it's not showing in my online profile. He said ha had never seen anyone didn't get TSA PreCheck in 7years experience.

Where do you see TSA PreCheck included in online portal?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I just called detr0it enr0llment center where I t00k interview. 0fficer said to use passid for TSA PreCheck and it's included by default. When I said it's not showing in my online profile. He said ha had never seen anyone didn't get TSA PreCheck in 7years experience.

Where do you see TSA PreCheck included in online portal?
umm is your primary citizenship Canadian? I had the same problem with my profile as @sri88 pointed out. It was fixed once they deleted my Indian passport info. I could see 'Includes TSA Pre-Check' on 'My Dashboard'.

Last edited:

Takita

May 12, 2021
umm is your primary citizenship Canadian? I had the same problem with my profile as @sri88 pointed out. It was fixed once they deleted my Indian passport info. I could see 'Includes TSA Pre-Check' on 'My Dashboard'. Even if you ain't a Canadian citizen, my understanding is that TSA Pre-Check is included.
Ind!an. don't show on my dashboard. is it random or tied to citizenship?

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Ind!an. don't show on my dashboard. is it random or tied to citizenship?
Yes, only US citizens, US green card holders and Canadian citizens get precheck. Canadian PR holders with any passport other than US wont get precheck.

Reactions: Ronak529 and Takita

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Hi everyone, just wanted to update on the Nexus experience. Applied initially April 2023. Received conditional approvals in staggered lots starting mid Jan till Mid Feb 2024. Wanted a slot for 3 at the same time, so booked in advance and got March 18th as the date. Process was pretty smooth on both ends. The Canadian side did not take photos or fingerprints but explained how Nexus operates and stamped our approval letters. Gave us a information handout as well and instructions for getting to the US interview. Crossed the border and the building is right behind the entry gates.

The US officer was very kind and answered all our questions and updated all recent changes such as Job title/company etc. if there had been changes since you applied. They get your fingerprints and a photograph for facial recognition. Said the card will take approx. a month to arrive in the mail and directed us to pick up an info handout which details limits and what you need to declare when you cross the border. It was quick and took about 1 hour 10 mins end to end including the time taken to cross the border.

Reactions: zagcollins

canada449

Jun 30, 2023
Did anyone who applied and got approved for Nexus received fingerprint request for citizenship application later? I heard if we subjected to a background check between PR and citizenship status, we receive fingerprint request by RCMP for background verification and criminality.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone, just wanted to update on the Nexus experience. Applied initially April 2023. Received conditional approvals in staggered lots starting mid Jan till Mid Feb 2024. Wanted a slot for 3 at the same time, so booked in advance and got March 18th as the date. Process was pretty smooth on both ends. The Canadian side did not take photos or fingerprints but explained how Nexus operates and stamped our approval letters. Gave us a information handout as well and instructions for getting to the US interview. Crossed the border and the building is right behind the entry gates.

The US officer was very kind and answered all our questions and updated all recent changes such as Job title/company etc. if there had been changes since you applied. They get your fingerprints and a photograph for facial recognition. Said the card will take approx. a month to arrive in the mail and directed us to pick up an info handout which details limits and what you need to declare when you cross the border. It was quick and took about 1 hour 10 mins end to end including the time taken to cross the border.
which border was this? Whirlpool? If it's Whirlpool, then the nexus office behind border entry gates comes with a caveat that you can't cross that particular border as applicants won't have the required Nexus card to cross over.

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
I applied for a family of 3 ( 2 adults and 1 child) on October 23, 2023. My daughter (the child) was conditionally approved on March 18, 2024. The applications for the two adults remain pending. I'm not sure If I can expect conditional approvals soon.